Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Libertarian national convention May 27–30 in Orlando (Official thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    That link says that I have to sign into my cable provider account to access the video.

- ML
    Hmm, didn't ask me that. Hope you can find a work-around.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yesterday there was a youtube feed.. I'll try to find it

try here
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/05/libert...how-when-time/
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    The pink hair woman, running for Oklahoma State Senate... That ain't going to go over well in Oklahoma. Why do people insist on shooting themselves in the foot?
    Is there possibly a catty fashion blog you might rather spend your time commenting at?

Gary Johnson wins LP nomination on second ballot
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Johnson's the LP candidate! W00T!

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And the libertarian party does not learn from it's mistakes... GJ gets the nod
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Is there possibly a catty fashion blog you might rather spend your time commenting at?
    Look, I'm from Oklahoma; I know the people there. The fact that you don't like me making observations is your own problem.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 05-29-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Gary Johnson wins LP nomination on second ballot
    I sure hope they made a choice that will garnish at least 5%. This will be an interesting election. Now, I believe, he will have to start polling at 15% to be in the national debates?

Well, they committed suicide on the altar of electability and selected a moderate Democrat instead of a libertarian.
    Last edited by The Rebel Poet; 05-29-2016 at 11:03 AM.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    And the libertarian party does not learn from it's mistakes... GJ gets the nod
    Yeah and did you notice his dig at Rand Paul in the docu-whatever that is on now?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Yeah and did you notice his dig at Rand Paul in the docu-whatever that is on now?
    Missed it. What was the dig?
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post

I wonder if that little jag is what put Johnson over the mark?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I sure hope they made a choice that will garnish at least 5%. This will be an interesting election. Now, I believe, he will have to start polling at 15% to be in the national debates?
    because Gary is so good on the debate stage? Please....

And who remembers 2012 when Gary got on Ron Paul's stage at Paulfest in Tampa, where he used it for his own pulpit?
    looser

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Missed it. What was the dig?
    Maybe I heard it wrong, but when the voiceover was talking about **&&^%^ politicians, it was showing pictures of Hillary, Rand, Trump, etc.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    because Gary is so good on the debate stage? Please....

And who remembers 2012 when Gary got on Ron Paul's stage at Paulfest in Tampa, where he used it for his own pulpit?
    looser
    No, he sucks as a debater. But, the point this year was to use the voter disaffection of voters to increase the party. He would need that face time to at least try to persuade.

We shall see what happens. I sure hope so. But I suspect that even if Gary gets 15% on some polls, the polls used "mysteriously" won't be those polls.

Looks like this may be the second Presidential election in my lifetime of NOT voting Libertarian for President. The first time was four years ago.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

No, he sucks as a debater. But, the point this year was to use the voter disaffection of voters to increase the party. He would need that face time to at least try to persuade.
    And making all Americans believe that Libertarians are for murdering a baby up to the point that he/she can live outside of the womb, "humanitarian" wars, that there is no such thing as non-interventionism but instead isolationism, for open borders with absolutely no limits on the sheer numbers of people brought into our country, etc.

Yeah, that's a win. Good luck with that.
    ================

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    Looks like this may be the second Presidential election in my lifetime of NOT voting Libertarian for President. The first time was four years ago.
    Though I haven't made up my mind yet it may well be another write in for Ron Paul. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    Ditto.. and I would have voted for ANY of the others..
    Even if Weld doesn't get the VP nod.. Gary is off the island

Ron Paul 2016!

And making all Americans believe that Libertarians are for murdering a baby up to the point that he/she can live outside of the womb, "humanitarian" wars, that there is no such thing as non-interventionism but instead isolationism, for open borders with absolutely no limits on the sheer numbers of people brought into our country, etc.

Yeah, that's a win. Good luck with that.
    We've gone over this. I have refuted your positions as not quite nuanced and only half-truths. Yet, you think if you say it often enough it makes it 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Ron Paul 2016!
    Yup.

Kinda glad the political season is over now, back to my local democrats in Hawaii.

Loved Johnson's impassioned acceptance speech.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Kinda glad the political season is over now, back to my local democrats in Hawaii.
    Yeah, I really can't get excited over a Johnson/Weld ticket.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast