Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Libertarian national convention May 27–30 in Orlando (Official thread)

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Ah cognitive dissonance is strong in some. Trump people are bad because of A. LP is good because of A.

Can you list what Trump's policies are... this week?
    I know that it will be a challenge since they are constantly "evolving", on the other hand, you could vote for an LP candidate that isn't 100% pure, in fact, he may only be partially pro-liberty, but his positions are known and are unchanging.

So either you can support the Chameleon Trump, or you can vote for someone who is honest about their beliefs and may only line up with you 80% of the time.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I pointed out some facts about Johnson's positions, yes, and gave multiple sources for what I said. You seem to have an issue with that.
    Actually, we all witnessed you calling Gary a POS.

You've been pimping Trump for months, and now you "point out facts" like "Johnson's a POS". No one believes that you're "just pointing out facts". You're campaigning for your authoritarian pick for president.

Yes, after Rand dropped out, Trump became my 1st choice.
    Yes, we all know this.

Are you kidding??? Weld is a high-ranking member of the CFR!! That is everything that is wrong with the GOP. Surely, you know that.
    Not kidding. I know who Weld is and what he has been a member of. I don't believe in the CFR boogiemen. It's just a thinktank. Not that I agree with CFR, but they don't have any secret powers.

Weld isn't going to be vpotus. Everyone knows that. His being a Governor brings even more legitimacy to the ticket. He helps more than hurts.

I'd like to see a real third party that is somewhere between R and D. Maybe the LP can become that?

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Torch, don't ask anyone to try to sort that out. By the time the research is done, and the post made, Trump's position will have changed, rendering the post useless.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Actually, we all witnessed you calling Gary a POS.
    Because he is.

I listed a number of his positions and sourced them all. Look in the eval thread that Bryan started.

You've been pimping Trump for months, and now you "point out facts" like "Johnson's a POS". No one believes that you're "just pointing out facts". You're campaigning for your authoritarian pick for president.
    I'm not "pimping" anyone. When I have commented about Trump it has been to correct the lies posted. As I have said many, many times on here, he is a very flawed candidate and has numerous positions you can honestly fault him for. But, to lie? It isn't necessary and makes those doing it look very petty and foolish and completely lacking in any ethics.

Yes, we all know this.
    Good.

Your position now seems to be that if you bash me personally, that will somehow change the facts about Johnson and his CFR running mate. It won't, you know. lol
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Will write in Ron Paul.

Again.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Not kidding. I know who Weld is and what he has been a member of. I don't believe in the CFR boogiemen. It's just a thinktank. Not that I agree with CFR, but they don't have any secret powers.

Weld isn't going to be vpotus. Everyone knows that. His being a Governor brings even more legitimacy to the ticket. He helps more than hurts.

I'd like to see a real third party that is somewhere between R and D. Maybe the LP can become that?
    Well, I think you are naive about the CFR and have not done your homework. But, that is your choice.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I know that it will be a challenge since they are constantly "evolving", on the other hand, you could vote for an LP candidate that isn't 100% pure, in fact, he may only be partially pro-liberty, but his positions are known and are unchanging.

So either you can support the Chameleon Trump, or you can vote for someone who is honest about their beliefs and may only line up with you 80% of the time.
    Trump will build a wall. Renegotiate deals. Bring back jobs.

I may not agree with everything but don't tell me he changed on those. Each of those he goes into great detail talking about it at every rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Torch, don't ask anyone to try to sort that out. By the time the research is done, and the post made, Trump's position will have changed, rendering the post useless.

well, that is the challenge, even to reporters. Can they publish their report before he changes again.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Will write in Ron Paul.

Again.

yep.. better than nota
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I may not agree with everything but don't tell me he changed on those. Each of those he goes into great detail talking about it at every rally.

actually, those are just suggestions.
    I can show you how many times trump has evolved. I will do it again for the 100th time, even though I know that if you support trump to begin with- you are immune to facts.
    The wall, just a suggestion.
    Negotiate deals? you mean another bankruptcy?
    And bring jobs back? You mean like a dictator telling companies where they have to build their factories? awesome! nothing fascist about that at all.

so what makes for a better chance in 2020? a good showing in 2016.
    To torpedo the LP ticket in 2016, is to guarantee is has no effect at all in 2020. You have to look at this long term in a minor party. When you are deep in a hole, you have to climb out one step at a time. You aren't going to get from here to there in one jump. Not with the rules made by the two major parties.

15% would force a major party status to the LP by the two major parties own rules.
    Whether GJ succeeds or not will be entirely dependent on him and his awful VP choice. If and when he fails at it don't go around blaming a few people on a forum or libertarians as the reason why he failed because we are only a tiny minority of the electorate.

So good luck, we'll see if selling out is a good idea.

The other day, his guy said those were just "suggestions". Now that he has tricked enough GOPs to vote for him, he can be more flexible.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Because he is.
    If you can't debate without being personally-insulting, you have no argument at all. Calling someone a POS isn't an "argument" and it's not a "fact". It's your opinion, but it's an incredibly goofy one, considering the authoritarian who you're supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEvil
    I'm not "pimping" anyone.
    Yes you are. You've been pimping Trump for months. You pimp Trump, and you call other candidates names, all under the guide of "correcting lies" and "telling the truth".

When I have commented about Trump it has been to correct the lies posted.
    Exhibit A.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, I'm certainly okay with Johnson, but Weld isn't very exciting.

I haven't really looked into Weld very seriously, but I guess I'd better now. I've heard plenty of teeth-gnashing about how anti-gun and CFR he is. Honestly, I'd love for someone to give me their best pitch for how libertarian he is.

From his wiki article it looks like he was crazy good at getting elected Republican governor in about the most Democrat state. I'd also make the knee-jerk conclusion that he was a hugely positive influence there in liberty terms. But I know I'm not going on a fully fleshed out picture.

GJ and Weld are social liberals and fiscal conservatives. They pretty much fit the profile of the historical LP. i.e. they're a fair distance on several issues from Ron Paul. Paleocons aren't going to vote for them, period. However, compared to Clinton and trump in the general election, they are going to look pretty sensible and experienced. And I believe they're going to be putting some pretty strong liberty positions into the ears of a lot more people than the LP has ever reached.

Is it appropriate to have a campaign evaluation for a VP candidate?
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

actually, those are just suggestions.
    I can show you how many times trump has evolved. I will do it again for the 100th time, even though I know that if you support trump to begin with- you are immune to facts.
    The wall, just a suggestion.
    Negotiate deals? you mean another bankruptcy?
    And bring jobs back? You mean like a dictator telling companies where they have to build their factories? awesome! nothing fascist about that at all.
    Ok well you discredit your self. All I hear about a "just a suggestion" is from haters like you. Let's say he said that somewhere. Fine.

But I watch him often and I never herd that. So his voting base is going to voting based on everything I heard and not your "just a suggestions" crap. By that point so will people be voting against him. They will vote against the wall, against renegotiating deals and bringing jobs.

So why would he ever want to say "just a suggestion" in the way that you imply? What gain is there?

On the other hand I keep hearing flat out lies about him. I don't want to get into it but don't insult my intelligence when you spew $#@! like this.

they won't be elected, but they will appeal to enough people from different coalitions to possibly meet a criteria to be considered a choice going into the future.
    In 2020 we'll need to go even more moderate for even more votes!!! But don't worry eventually we'll elect a better candidate...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    In 2020 we'll need to go even more moderate for even more votes!!! But don't worry eventually we'll elect a better candidate...

Or you could get involved and use the spring board of the previous election to put forth someone you like. I know it would take a lot of work and effort on your part, and it is sooooo much easier just to bitch about it on a forum. so I know what you will be doing.

Or you could get involved and use the spring board of the previous election to put forth someone you like. I know it would take a lot of work and effort on your part, and it is sooooo much easier just to bitch about it on a forum. so I know what you will be doing.
    I have zero interest in joining the Libertarian Party, I was open to it but not if these are considered acceptable candidates. Might as well become a Republican or Democrat.

I have zero interest in joining the Libertarian Party, I was open to it but not if these are considered acceptable candidates. Might as well become a Republican or Democrat.

well, you apparently have more than zero interest as you are commenting on it, which requires as least some interest. otherwise, your lack of interest would show as a lack of response to the subject.

I am hoping for a good showing by the LP this year, not because they have the A-team, but because it will benefit a future project to get someone I like on that ticket in 2020, and get them in the debates.
    Once the Pepsi/Coke idea mold is shattered, and people start considering the other brand as part of their shopping concerns, then a victory can be had.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Well, I'm certainly okay with Johnson, but Weld isn't very exciting.

I haven't really looked into Weld very seriously, but I guess I'd better now. I've heard plenty of teeth-gnashing about how anti-gun and CFR he is. Honestly, I'd love for someone to give me their best pitch for how libertarian he is.
    He's a moderate libertarian. Several people who have already stated that they don't want the LP do do well (and who are voting for Trump) have thrown a fit because Weld isn't a "hardcore libertarian" enough to be a fugitive running from Belize (as if that would do well in the political arena). They clearly want the LP to remain fringe.

But the fact of the matter is, Weld ran on the LP in New York as early as 2006, well before any of these folks were registered on RPF, and long before many of them had heard of the LP. He risked his own political future for the Libertarian Party, and of course paid the price, because the LP has difficulty getting anyone elected.

Here's how he ranks overall:

GJ and Weld are social liberals and fiscal conservatives. They pretty much fit the profile of the historical LP. i.e. they're a fair distance on several issues from Ron Paul. Paleocons aren't going to vote for them, period. However, compared to Clinton and trump in the general election, they are going to look pretty sensible and experienced. And I believe they're going to be putting some pretty strong liberty positions into the ears of a lot more people than the LP has ever reached.

Is it appropriate to have a campaign evaluation for a VP candidate?
    There already is one.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ok well you discredit your self. All I hear about a "just a suggestion" is from haters like you. Let's say he said that somewhere. Fine.

But I watch him often and I never herd that. So his voting base is going to voting based on everything I heard and not your "just a suggestions" crap. By that point so will people be voting against him. They will vote against the wall, against renegotiating deals and bringing jobs.

So why would he ever want to say "just a suggestion" in the way that you imply? What gain is there?

On the other hand I keep hearing flat out lies about him. I don't want to get into it but don't insult my intelligence when you spew $#@! like this.

It was your god, Trump, that said the wall was just "a suggestion" That is how immune to facts you are. Your own deity says something contradictory and you can't even hear it.

http://theresurgent.com/trump-campai...-a-suggestion/

well, you apparently have more than zero interest as you are commenting on it, which requires as least some interest. otherwise, your lack of interest would show as a lack of response to the subject.
    Zero interest in joining the party. I do have interest in what happens otherwise I wouldn't be commenting. Just like I have interest in what happens in the Democratic and Republican parties.

Zero interest in joining the party. I do have interest in what happens otherwise I wouldn't be commenting. Just like I have interest in what happens in the Democratic and Republican parties.

If you are not part of the process, yet bitch about it- what does that make you?

It was your god, Trump, that said the wall was just "a suggestion" That is how immune to facts you are. Your own deity says something contradictory and you can't even hear it.

http://theresurgent.com/trump-campai...-a-suggestion/
    You would do better to address my argument.

Dunno If I'm gonna support Gary, may have to think on it
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

You would do better to address my argument.

It would be best if you listened to everything your candidate has said over the last year.

He's a moderate libertarian. Several people who have already stated that they don't want the LP do do well (and who are voting for Trump) have thrown a fit because Weld isn't a "hardcore libertarian" enough to be a fugitive running from Belize (as if that would do well in the political arena). They clearly want the LP to remain fringe.

But the fact of the matter is, Weld ran on the LP in New York as early as 2006, well before any of these folks were registered on RPF, and long before many of them had heard of the LP. He risked his own political future for the Libertarian Party, and of course paid the price, because the LP has difficulty getting anyone elected.

Here's how he ranks overall:

There already is one.
    Well I don't care about LP. So I guess better than wanting it to do bad. And for the life of me don't understand why the purists here all of a sudden talking about strategy and etc.

If you are not part of the process, yet bitch about it- what does that make you?
    An independent with an opinion? Is having an opinion anti-libertarian?

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast