Thread: Ron Paul on The Alex Jones Show 5/26/16

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Trumphobiacs just blew another fuse, OMG, he went on AJ's show again!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The Trumphobiacs just blew another fuse, OMG, he went on AJ's show again!
    Is Trumphobic anything like transphobic?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

I hope Ron Paul is in Orlando Florida right now seeking the libertarian party nomination. That is all. lol

Wow, Ron crushed Trump in this interview. He didn't beat around the bush. Alex has lost it supporting the communist Trump for president.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Alex was pretty rude cutting him off.
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-06-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Wow, Ron crushed Trump in this interview. He didn't beat around the bush. Alex has lost it supporting the communist Trump for president.
    He had Jesse Ventura on last week. AJ kept changing the subject when Jesse started saying some stupid $#@!, like "climate change" etc. AJ did not want to alienate Jesse.

Jesse supports Democrats over Republicans.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I like Alex, but it's great to see Dr. Paul remind him what a principled libertarian looks like. Alex seems disappointed that Ron doesn't like Trump, but it should have been obvious since in so many ways, Trump is as far from a libertarian as you can get. Just the fact that Trump has shown he's more than willing to use government force for personal gain(eminent domain) is literally the polar opposite, his comments about Snowden being a "traitor" who should be executed show he sides with big government over the constitution and while that should have been enough to know RP would never support Trump, his horrifying comments about printing money should have erased all doubt. BTW, Trump confirmed my suspicion and Dr. Paul's suspicion about executive orders a while back when he said he hoped he got along with congress so he wouldn't "have" to go the executive order route.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRay View Post
    I like Alex, but it's great to see Dr. Paul remind him what a principled libertarian looks like. Alex seems disappointed that Ron doesn't like Trump, but it should have been obvious since in so many ways, Trump is as far from a libertarian as you can get. Just the fact that Trump has shown he's more than willing to use government force for personal gain(eminent domain) is literally the polar opposite, his comments about Snowden being a "traitor" who should be executed show he sides with big government over the constitution and while that should have been enough to know RP would never support Trump, his horrifying comments about printing money should have erased all doubt. BTW, Trump confirmed my suspicion and Dr. Paul's suspicion about executive orders a while back when he said he hoped he got along with congress so he wouldn't "have" to go the executive order route.
    Preach it! Preach on bro.....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by MattRay View Post
    Paul and Jones were talking past each other in the exchange, with Paul of course being the plumbline of liberty principle in talking about the issues, while Jones was talking about Trump's importance for liberty in showing alternative candidates how to succeed. The two emphases are not innately oppositional, in that the tactical compromises could be put at the service of principle in general, as Rand tried to do in his campaign.

Basically, we were already employing different standards when we tolerated Rand's tactical use of compromise, but (most of us) did not hold that against him. Whereas Trump presents with the same compromising dance or conflicting signals, but it's considered necessarily "polar opposite" to accomplishing gains for liberty. Paul was not talking about the strategic element in his comments, and that is what disappointed Jones, as it is an essential part of the liberty movement succeeding going forward.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Paul and Jones were talking past each other in the exchange, with Paul of course being the plumbline of liberty principle in talking about the issues, while Jones was talking about Trump's importance for liberty in showing alternative candidates how to succeed. The two emphases are not innately oppositional, in that the tactical compromises could be put at the service of principle in general, as Rand tried to do in his campaign.

Basically, we were already employing different standards when we tolerated Rand's tactical use of compromise, but (most of us) did not hold that against him. Whereas Trump presents with the same compromising dance or conflicting signals, but it's considered necessarily "polar opposite" to accomplishing gains for liberty. Paul was not talking about the strategic element in his comments, and that is what disappointed Jones, as it is an essential part of the liberty movement succeeding going forward.
    I also supported Rand while he was in the race and completely understood the concessions he made. You have to "have a seat at the table", as Rand would say, to have a chance to get some libertarian ideas implemented. But Trump represents a completely different situation because he doesn't represent a libertarian agenda. As Ron Paul said a while back, he's no better in most areas and a step in the wrong direction on some issues. With Rand, there's no mistaking that he's advancing libertarian ideas in some way and I think most libertarians, even those who don't like or support Rand, would agree that he's at least better than the status quo on most issues important to libertarians, whether they think he's enough of an improvement or not. But that's highly debatable with Trump to say the least.

When I've looked for positives with Trump, I've found myself grasping at straws. Trump's positives are his opposition to regime change and nation building and his skepticism of NATO, but his claims he'll defeat ISIS "easily" and belief that we lack the military strength to do so undermines his foreign policy credentials and shows he doesn't understand the terrorism problem. His plans to increase military spending also show he doesn't understand our financial situation and his support for torture and going after civilians further demonstrate his ignorance of the terrorism problem and are only one example of his penchant for advocating a police state. I suppose there's Trump's apparent support for auditing the Fed, but that seems to have come up more as an excuse to criticize Cruz for skipping the vote. It's certainly not a part of Trump's agenda and he seemed to think printing money was a solution. The supreme court is probably the strongest argument for Trump, primarily because liberals are usually horrendous there, but it's not like Trump has any interest in following the constitution anyway. One of Trump's biggest selling points was that he was going to self-fund, but that proved to be BS.

So I really don't see Trump as having anything to do with the liberty movement in the first place. Jones seems to associate the two, but I haven't heard him present a compelling case for it, and Ron doesn't seem to be buying it either so I think that's a reason RP isn't talking strategy. As far as alternative candidates succeeding, I don't think he provides much of a template for it that applies to anyone except himself considering his celebrity status and free exposure, particularly in a crowded field. He's about as irrelevant to the liberty movement as Bernie Sanders who is also an alternative candidate and you could find a bit of overlap.

Insofar as Trump has an ideology, he's basically a really watered down Pat Buchanan. I like Buchanan and can understand why he supports Trump considering the overlap on most of Buchnan's major issues like immigration, trade policy and nation building. But if you're a libertarian, I really don't see enough.
    Last edited by MattRay; 08-02-2016 at 02:18 PM.