Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Adviser: Trump Will Outsource Being President to His VP

Trump Adviser: Trump Will Outsource Being President to His VP

Trump Adviser: Trump Will Outsource Being President to His VP

Being president of the United States of America is, to put it mildly, hard work. It’s an incredibly taxing job that involves making an untold number of decisions—a few big and splashy, the vast majority small-bore and likely to go unnoticed unless something goes catastrophically wrong—that will impact millions and millions of people. Setting aside the power and the prestige, the day-to-day job doesn’t sound like one Donald Trump would actually want. And, according to his top campaign strategist, he doesn’t.

Here’s Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort in a recent Huffington Post interview talking about the importance of his boss’ selection of a running mate. Pay particular attention to the bit where Manafort talks about “the part of the job” of being president that his boss has no interest in actually doing:

The vice presidential pick will also be part of the process of proving he’s ready for the White House, Manafort said. “He needs an experienced person to do the part of the job he doesn’t want to do. He seems himself more as the chairman of the board, than even the CEO, let alone the COO.”

“There is a long list of who that person could be,” Manafort added, “and every one of them has major problems.” The campaign probably won’t choose a woman or a member of a minority group, he said. “In fact, that would be viewed as pandering, I think.”

For those of you don’t speak MBA, the chief executive is a company’s top decision-maker while the chief operating officer or president typically handles the day-to-day operation. (POTUS is probably best thought of as a combination of the two, though his or her chief of staff also has some COO-like duties.) A company’s chairman of the board takes a significantly broader view of long-term strategy and ​stays out of the daily grind all together.

Manafort has had a long and (sadly) successful career reinventing some of the world’s nastiest tyrants as noble defenders of freedom, and he’s already off to a solid start repeating that here since being hired by Trump earlier this year. He’s tried to assure the Republican establishment that much of Trump’s primary performance was all just an act, and many in the party have either been convinced or realize it’s in their best interest to pretend to agree.

Here we see Manafort make that no-reason-to-be-terrified pitch directly to the general public. Manafort is laying the groundwork for something resembling a GOP unity ticket, where Trump die hards focus on their man at the top of the ticket and Trump-skeptical Republicans focus on the establishment figure sitting in the No. 2 slot, who they’re told will actually run the government day to day. I guess he has good evidence that the party would be cool with that.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...o_day_job.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Translation: I won't do anything but go to funerals and smile for the cameras. Please don't have me shot like Bush did Reagan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Maybe he'll be able to get the POTUS job done better and at significantly lower costs, by a VPOTUS in India.

He just contradicted his campaign chair's statement about female/minority VP and said during ND press conference that he'd likely pick a female or minority VP. He doubletalks and flip flops so much he makes Mitt look principled.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Maybe he'll be able to get the POTUS job done better and at significantly lower costs, by a VPOTUS in India.
    Maybe he will run with a temporary VP and then do a season of "The Apprentice: VP".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I foresee much golfing in Trump's future.

Be a truly great POTUS, play golf all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Be a truly great POTUS, play golf all of the time.
    Don't forget $40 million vacations for the whole family.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

DONALD TRUMP 2016 PART 2: REPUBLICAN BENEDICT ARNOLDS AND THE DEATH OF ‘CONSERVATIVE’ REPUBLICAN

Republicans, Conservatives, Tea Partiers, and some independents, you’ve been had! The “Big Rs” engineered a massive reverse psychology measure that more or less has been cheerleading Trump to victory.
    Sadly, it won’t be until “The Donald” is having his inaugural speech and the man behind the curtain steps out will conservatives, Tea Partiers, and Republicans realize they have been had. Buyers remorse without a returns department to assuage their rage.
    Trump, the faux Conservative Republican messiah that is no different from the party of Barack Obama and President Obama himself, waxes conservatism and does a disservice to both philosophies.
    Of course, they couldn’t outright support or endorse the former Democrat, pro-abortion, Clintonian BFF.
    Especially not when they were once all about their establishment “Big R” BFF Bush. So, how do he win? Reverse psychology. Vehemently oppose and scrutinize every little nook and cranny of the candidate until the moderate Democrat comes out smelling like the die-hard Conservative Republican the people wanted. Win,Win,Win!
    The “Big R” establishment lacks principles and stands disconnected from their constituency. They bow to media pressure, not public pressure. They force feed their voters with the crass mantra of the “Lesser of Two Evils,” which this writer has written ad nauseam about in this article, but to be fair it is a false ideal already embedded and ingrained in the American psyche for decades. When did it start? No one knows. The better question is when do the voters stop allowing it control their precious right to vote?

Why are you linking leftist pages on a conservative website?

Is it supposed to be satire?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Why are you linking leftist pages on a conservative website?

Is it supposed to be satire?
    Try debating the ideas sometime, you are disrespecting the forum by attacking people and their sources all the time.

I asked a question.

Was it intended to be satire?

I asked a question.

Was it intended to be satire?
    I could post the constitution word for word on a leftist domain name and you would call it satire and question the source. Debate the idea you chicken.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I predicted this would happen back in 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Debate the idea you chicken.
    Debate what?

It's an article on a leftist site which states that there is no difference between the establishment conservatives who have been doing backflips for a year to prevent Trump from getting the nomination,....and Trump.

It's idiotic,..like all leftist drivel.

The only thing to debate is, why people on this site post leftist crap?

Debate what?

It's an article on a leftist site which states that there is no difference between the establishment conservatives who have been doing backflips for a year to prevent Trump from getting the nomination,....and Trump.

It's idiotic,..like all leftist drivel.
    What it's actually saying is that the "establishment" has been putting on a show by fighting Trump, when he's really the guy they want.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

You fillin' in for Wilf while he's on lunch break?

The only thing to debate is, why people on this site post leftist crap?
    I read several feeds that are aggregated by key words. I don't read echo chambers, except when I come in here. There is more to the article than what I posted, you should read it.

Do not get confused, as the “Big R” Republican establishment has not learned. Their distancing themselves from the like of Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Thomas Massie, and Justin Amash, the use of the Romney attack dog, and their refusal to do anything meaningful in the wake of Barack Obama’s destructive presidency is a clear shot across the bow that they are fundamentally lost, and they shall fall like the Whig party before them.

You fillin' in for Wilf while he's on lunch break?
    ^^^ words.

evidence vvv

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I read several feeds that are aggregated by key words. I don't read echo chambers, except when I come in here. There is more to the article than what I posted, you should read it.
    This is "Slate". It's a hardcore leftist site of the Hillary variant. I really don't care to waste my time reading sites which display a painfully obvious leftist, establishment slant. In fact, that would be a better name for that site. Instead of "Slate", go with "Slant".

Have a good day.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double...e_sanders.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/double...rsive_act.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...a_mistake.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...t_blow_it.html

This is "Slate". It's a hardcore leftist site of the Hillary variant. I really don't care to waste my time reading sites which display a painfully obvious leftist, establishment slant. In fact, that would be a better name for that site. Instead of "Slate", go with "Slant".

Have a good day.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double...e_sanders.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/double...rsive_act.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...a_mistake.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...t_blow_it.html
    Always good to read both sides of an equation- helps to perceive hidden truths.

The biggest problem is the constant name-calling that Trumpies love to do. If your Candidate is actually worthy, then post convincing stuff instead of calling names and flinging insults. All this does is convince opponents that there is nothing worthwhile to talk about as insults are always the last resort in a failing argument.
    There is no spoon.

Have a good day.

you know how i know you didn't read the article I linked?

OPINION
    MAY 28, 2016DONALD TRUMP 2016 PART 2: REPUBLICAN BENEDICT ARNOLDS AND THE DEATH OF ‘CONSERVATIVE’ REPUBLICAN

DAVID JOSEPH
    THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE IS ENTIRELY THE OPINION OF DAVID JOSEPH AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE INQUISITR.

Too much leftist crap being dumped on this forum to keep it all organized these days.

you know how i know you didn't read the article I linked?

OPINION
    MAY 28, 2016DONALD TRUMP 2016 PART 2: REPUBLICAN BENEDICT ARNOLDS AND THE DEATH OF ‘CONSERVATIVE’ REPUBLICAN

DAVID JOSEPH
    THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE IS ENTIRELY THE OPINION OF DAVID JOSEPH AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE INQUISITR.

Interesting list of articles by David Joseph. He can't seem to make his mind up between covering politics or comic books. He really should pick just one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast