Thread: Facebook Could Be Eavesdropping On Your Phone Calls

Facebook Could Be Eavesdropping On Your Phone Calls

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/05...ur-phone-calls

An anonymous reader writes:

Facebook is not just looking at user's personal information, interests, and online habits but also to your private conversations, revealed a new report. According to NBC report, this may be the case as Kelli Burns, a professor at University of South Florida states, "I don't think that people realize how much Facebook is tracking every move we're making online. Anything that you're doing on your phone, Facebook is watching." the professor said. Now how do you prove that? Professor Kelli tested out her theory by enabling the microphone feature, and talked about her desire to go on a safari, informing about the mode of transport she would take. "I'm really interested in going on an African safari. I think it'd be wonderful to ride in one of those jeeps," she said aloud, phone in hand. The results were shocking, as less than 60 seconds later, the first post on her Facebook feed was about a safari story out of nowhere, which was then revealed that the story had been posted three hours earlier. And, after mentioning a jeep, a car ad also appeared on her page.

On a support page, Facebook explains how this feature works: "No, we don't record your conversations. If you choose to turn on this feature, we'll only use your microphone to identify the things you're listening to or watching based on the music and TV matches we're able to identify. If this feature is turned on, it's only active when you're writing a status update." I wonder how many people are actually aware of this.
    I am sure everyone has heard me say the same thing over and over again. So, I want to pose a question for everyone. For the average person, how do you prove that damage has been done when a persons privacy is violated?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know if you have nothing to hide then what are you worried about?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    You know if you have nothing to hide then what are you worried about?
    How do you prove that you do have something to hide when a moronic majority blindly believes that having something to hide is somehow criminal? How do you prove that damage has been done to a person when their privacy has been truly invaded?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    How do you prove that you do have something to hide when a moronic majority blindly believes that having something to hide is somehow criminal? How do you prove that damage has been done to a person when their privacy has been truly invaded?
    True Freedom is achieved when you have nothing left to prove.