Thread: ‘Blue Lives Matter’: Louisiana to become first US state to make attacks on police hate crime

‘Blue Lives Matter’: Louisiana to become first US state to make attacks on police hate crime

The governor is expected to sign it into law, the first ever of its kind in the US.

Passed by both the House and the Senate, HB 953 expands the state’s hate-crime law to include law enforcement officers, firefighters and medical first responders.

Under the bill, anyone convicted of a hate-motivated felony against an officer may face up to a $5,000 fine and up to five years of prison, while a misdemeanor hate crime against an officer comes with a maximum $500 fine and six-month prison sentence.

It is now awaiting the signature of Democratic Governor John Bel Edwards, who has expressed his support for the measure.

“The members of the law enforcement community deserve these protections, and I look forward to signing this bill into law,”
    the governor said in a statement, stressing his “greatest respect for the men and women who put their lives on the line every day.”

Edwards, a “son and brother of a sheriff” himself, could sign the bill into law as early as this week, according to Talking Points Memo.

The Bill - HB 953

Report - ‘Blue Lives Matter’: Louisiana to become first US state to make attacks on police hate crime

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like somebody who attacks a kop would ever see the inside of a kourtroom......

Some animals....

Likely to become a national policy narrative...

I would say I'm never leaving home again, but that won't help when they barge in at 3 a.m. (wrong address), and kill Snickers (my 3 lb. Yorkie.)

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Like somebody who attacks a kop would ever see the inside of a kourtroom......

Seems like the govt is assuming authority to legislate morality here. Will likely become an enforcable national initiative for moral relations with blue lives and citizens who reside in the home of the brave. For instance, if a blue life gives you a ticket and you call the feller a jerk and whatnot, it's a hate crime. You're supposed to just say Thank You and tell them to be safe out there.

It's a verifiable given that most incidents of any elevated demonstration of disrespect to blue lives won't likely ever make it to a courtroom. Sometimes blue lives fear for their blue lives.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 05-25-2016 at 07:07 AM.

Dear God, my state has just literally become a police state. Where's that picture of the silly girl thanking the police for raiding every home in Boston? That's us now. We have no choice, right? We'd better thank 'em, or its a $#@!ing hate crime. $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Dear God, my state has just literally become a police state. Where's that picture of the silly girl thanking the police for raiding every home in Boston? That's us now. $#@!.
    Yo. Watch yer mouth. That's disrespectful. Blue lives are here to protect you. Please don't refer to their duty as a police state. Pull that crap again and you're teetering on a $5,000 fine with up to five years of prison. If you say you're sorry and won't ever do it again, then, maybe a misdemeanor hate crime with only a maximum $500 fine and six-month prison sentence

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We'd better thank 'em, or its a $#@!ing hate crime. $#@!.
    Oops. Nevermind. I see you've reflected upon your position here. That's the spirit, serf. Back down to a misdemeanor, maybe. Very good, grasshoppa. And yer little dog, too. Snickers, was it?
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 05-25-2016 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Yo. Watch yer mouth. That's disrespectful. Blue lives are here to protect you. Please don't refer to their duty as a police state. Pull that crap again and you're teetering on a $5,000 fine with up to five years of prison. If you say you're sorry and won't ever do it again, then, maybe a misdemeanor hate crime with only a maximum $500 fine and six-month prison sentence

Blue lives are here to protect you.

That's the spirit.

Goons gonna goon... Oops, there I go again committing a hate crime...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Wikipedia:

A hate crime (also known as a bias-motivated crime) is a prejudice-motivated crime, often violent, which occurs when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her membership (or perceived membership) in a certain social group.

Examples of such groups can include but are not limited to: sex, ethnicity, disability, language, nationality, physical appearance, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation.
    Merriam-Webster:

any of various crimes (as assault or defacement of property) when motivated by hostility toward a victim as a member of a group (as one based on color, creed, gender or sexual orientation)
    dictionary.com:

a crime, usually violent, motivated by prejudice or intolerance toward an individual’s national origin, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
    thefreedoctionary.com:

Hate crimes are based, at least in part, on the defendant's belief regarding a particular status of the victim. Hate-crime statutes were first passed by legislatures in the late 1980s and early 1990s in response to studies that indicated an increase in crimes motivated by prejudice. Approximately 30 states and the federal government have some form of hate-crime statute. Many localities have also enacted their own hate-crime ordinances.
    The precise definition of hate crime varies from state to state. Some states define a hate crime as any crime based on a belief regarding the victim's race, religion, color, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or ancestry.
    uslegal.com:

A hate crime is usually defined by state law as one that involves threats, harassment, or physical harm and is motivated by prejudice against someone's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical or mental disability.
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation:

A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.”
    Is the state of Louisiana admitting that the law enforcement agencies within that state discriminate on the basis of race, creed, orientation, gender, or what? Because they're obvously admitting that they are discriminating against somebody.

I particularly like this note on uslegal's site:

The underlying criminal offenses that are designated in hate crime laws include, but are not limited to, crimes against persons like harassment, terroristic threats, assault and crimes against property like criminal trespass, criminal mischief and arson.
    Does retaliating against hate crimes count as committing a hate crime? Because the police have made these sorts of crimes standard operational procedure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Republican party have majority in both houses of Louisiana State Legislature. So much for 'republicans are for small government and freedom' .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can I opt out of the mandated blue hero thing?

No?

blue life > my life

Who hates who first?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Can I opt out of the mandated blue hero thing?

No?

blue life > my life

Who hates who first?
    I dunno, but if you break into my residence I have it set up so that I have enough time to put many a man into a fatal funnel and run their day.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Likely to become a national policy narrative...

Scary times ahead no doubt about it.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."