Thread: Newz Ca. style

Newz Ca. style

From Drudge;

Oregon frat trashes Lake Shasta, leaves behind 90 tents

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/O...ng-7942249.php

Park rangers on their usual Sunday patrol at Lake Shasta encountered a scene of carnage on Slaughterhouse Island — 90 tents, coolers still full of food and alcohol, sleeping bags and yards and yards of garbage.
    The perps were nowhere to be seen.
    Rangers say it's not uncommon for up to 1,000 college students to be on Lake Shasta, but the sheer level of trash from this group was enough for images from the scene to go viral.
    Among the garbage were University of Oregon shopping bags and flip flops and a cooler decorated with the letters of the local chapter of national fraternity Lambda Chi Alpha. It also read "Do you wanna do some blow man?"
    Despite the Shasta trip not being a school event, the university has launched an investigation. In an official statement, Oregon vice president for student life Robin Holmes said Lambda Chi Alpha was suspending the chapter's activities "until the situation is addressed."
    "The manner in which the forest was left was absolutely unacceptable and disgraceful," Holmes said.

A photo of the garbage left behind by University of Oregon students at Lake Shasta over the weekend of May 21, 2016.
    Park rangers on their usual Sunday patrol at Lake Shasta encountered a scene of carnage on Slaughterhouse Island — 90 tents, coolers still full of food and alcohol, sleeping bags and yards and yards of garbage.
    The perps were nowhere to be seen.
    Rangers say it's not uncommon for up to 1,000 college students to be on Lake Shasta, but the sheer level of trash from this group was enough for images from the scene to go viral.
    Among the garbage were University of Oregon shopping bags and flip flops and a cooler decorated with the letters of the local chapter of national fraternity Lambda Chi Alpha. It also read "Do you wanna do some blow man?"
    Despite the Shasta trip not being a school event, the university has launched an investigation. In an official statement, Oregon vice president for student life Robin Holmes said Lambda Chi Alpha was suspending the chapter's activities "until the situation is addressed."
    "The manner in which the forest was left was absolutely unacceptable and disgraceful," Holmes said.

Rangers say they've already gathered 10 cubic yards(!) of garbage from the scene with more cleanup left to do. (A full-size pick-up truck bed usually holds just 3 cubic yards). They're unsure whether the area will be completely clean in time for Memorial Day weekend.
    "Their attitude is we'll pick it up later," Shasta Boating Safety Unit Sgt. Rob Sandbloom told the Daily Emerald. "If you're at your mom's house are you just going to throw a can down and pee on her couch and say you'll clean it up later? No, you wouldn't. And they say they wouldn't, so don't do it here."
    In case you need reminding, littering is a crime.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "scene of carnage." Lol. Still, if you pack it in, pack it out, asshats.

Fingerprints and dna; someone's gotta' pay! Trah-la-la

Too hungover to take down the tents?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Corner of that one tent is in a drainage ditch. For shame. It looks like a bunch of wasted kids ran to the woods when pigs raided the party. No partier worth his/her salt would leave a cooler behind. Pigs or aliens made those kids leave in haste.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Pigs or aliens made those kids leave in haste.
    Was my guess..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Dude...I would TOTALLY VOLUNTEER to help clean that place up if I could keep whatever I wanted. I'd take plenty of rich kid bought tents and camping gear. I mean you can never have enough camping gear...or coolers.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    Dude...I would TOTALLY VOLUNTEER to help clean that place up if I could keep whatever I wanted. I'd take plenty of rich kid bought tents and camping gear. I mean you can never have enough camping gear...or coolers.
    If you want some cheap, Campmor, Walmart tents, full of vomit and whatever....have at it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now a Northface, Kelty or Eureka or even an REI crib....now that's worth a good hose down.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Now a Northface, Kelty or Eureka or even an REI crib....now that's worth a good hose down.
    I have a feeling quite a bit of it would be any of those 4 brands.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Corner of that one tent is in a drainage ditch. For shame. It looks like a bunch of wasted kids ran to the woods when pigs raided the party. No partier worth his/her salt would leave a cooler behind. Pigs or aliens made those kids leave in haste.

Good point.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

They need to raise the park fees, or establish fees if they don't already exist, to cover this type of behavior.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

WIKI

Underneath the waters of Shasta Lake lie buried the traditional lands of the Winnemem Wintu, one of nine groups of the larger Wintu ethnicity of northern California. The Winnemem Wintu tribe is considered to be a ghost tribe because they are not a federally recognized tribe.

keep
    muh parks
    clean
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    WIKI

Underneath the waters of Shasta Lake lie buried the traditional lands of the Winnemem Wintu, one of nine groups of the larger Wintu ethnicity of northern California. The Winnemem Wintu tribe is considered to be a ghost tribe because they are not a federally recognized tribe.

keep
    muh parks
    clean
    It is best to not be Federally recognized . Then , nobody can check your scalp bag or confine ya to the Res.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    They need to raise the park fees, or establish fees if they don't already exist, to cover this type of behavior.
    Who leaves coolers with food & beer ? UnAmerican , deport those $#@!ers to Seattle or Sacramento .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Who leaves coolers with food & beer ?
    Kids,, Scared off by somethin'

Looks like a very quickly abandoned..

and it could be mass rudeness,,, but I suspect there is more to the story.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-26-2016 at 08:38 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.