Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Degenerate #BLM storms stage to censor Milo; security does NOTHING

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    ????

No, it depends on what that means. Exactly what I said and not hard to grasp.
    If the media turns it into a race-biting issue would not the alt-right oppose it?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilf View Post
    If the media turns it into a race-biting issue would not the alt-right oppose it?
    What are you babbling about? When has the media turned criminal justice reform into a "race baiting" issue, other than maybe to chastise the system of "white supremacy"?

What is the policy being discussed? "Criminal justice reform" is meaningless if you don't specify just what it is you're talking about.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What are you babbling about? When has the media turned criminal justice reform into a "race baiting" issue, other than maybe to chastise the system of "white supremacy"?

What is the policy being discussed? "Criminal justice reform" is meaningless if you don't specify just what it is you're talking about.
    I am talking about the militarization of the police system.

http://www.independent.com/news/2016...heated-debate/
    ‘Feminism is Cancer’ Banner Sparks Heated Debate

UCSB Demonstration Held Ahead of Thursday Lecture by Breitbart Journalist

Thursday, May 26, 2016
    By Nicholas Bogel-Burroughs for the Daily Nexus

Shortly after students unfurled a banner above Pardall Tunnel on Tuesday afternoon declaring that “Feminism is Cancer,” passersby congregated around the tunnel at UC Santa Barbara, forming several pockets of heated arguments.

Members of the student group Young Americans for Liberty (YAL) held the 16-by-4 banner above the tunnel for about two hours because university posting rules forbid fixing a banner of that size to the wall.

The banner’s text is the name of an upcoming lecture by Breitbart journalist Milo Yiannopoulos, who said on Twitter that his UCSB event “will blow your minds.”

The lecture is at 7 p.m. on Thursday in Corwin Pavilion and is sponsored by YAL.

Students and faculty walked and biked under the tunnel, many stopping to shout at the students holding the banner, either in support or disgust.

“You have more balls than I do,” said one man as he patted a YAL member on the back. Another man said he supported the group’s message but feared being associated with them publicly.

Dozens of students stood on the Isla Vista side of the tunnel, arguing over issues including abortion, rape statistics, and the definition of feminism.

YAL President Dominick DiCesare, a second-year computer science major, said the group hoped to spur a conversation about feminism on campus.

“What came from [the banner] is seven or eight groups of people having their own productive discussions,” DiCesare said. “I will admit it is Machiavellian by all extents, but the fact that it gets people discussing academically on campus is most important for me.”

DiCesare said Yiannopoulos is a “provocateur,” and so “it makes sense that the event’s advertisements would be as provocative as the event.”

Beneath the tunnel, many students disagreed that the banner resulted in constructive conversations.

“These people aren’t trying to have a productive conversation in any way,” said a third-year zoology major who declined to give her name. “There are two different groups that are having this conversation and they’re both just yelling at each other.”

Maria Velez, a second-year political science and feminist studies double major, said she planned on going to Yiannopoulos’s event to show her disagreement. Velez said comparing feminism to cancer is distasteful.

“I just finished being a team leader for Relay For Life, where the university raised thousands of dollars for cancer, and now [YAL] is using the term so lightly,” she said.

Several UCSB students responded to the banner on Twitter.

Jason Garshfield, a fourth-year political science major and former YAL vice president, yelled to passing students from the top of the tunnel as he held a corner of the banner.

“Dr. Milo is giving out free cancer vaccines,” Garshfield said. “I can tell some of you have a strong case of feminism.”

While Garshfield said cancer is “not a perfect analogy” for feminism, he said that feminism “is something that spreads rapidly and is a parasitical movement.”

Garshfield said there are forms of feminism he agrees with, like legal equality for men and women, but he believes that the majority of feminists at UCSB are propagating false rape statistics and infringing on men’s due process rights.

“Before YAL came to campus, there was only one opinion that you could say,” Garshfield said. “Now, there are two. Moderates might say, ‘I don’t agree with those YAL people, but I do have problems with feminism.’”

One UCSB student encouraged bystanders to walk to the area above Pardall Tunnel and speak with the YAL members holding the banner.

“They’re not as crazy as they seem,” she said.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    So , we're supposed to care about one freak show attacking another.
    Yes. That is, if you want anyone to care when your own self is attacked.

What about the concept of free speech? Last I knew, liberty-lovers defended that.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 05-27-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Does this video get chopped to $#@! right around 34:10 when he comes on for anybody else?

Seems to clear up around 36:00..
    Last edited by dannno; 05-26-2016 at 11:04 PM.

Are these people in college?

"We good". "Whatchoo got to say"?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Wilf View Post
    I am talking about the militarization of the police system.
    I'm opposed to that. I'm also opposed to the rampant criminal degeneracy that comes mostly from poor, minority neighborhoods that make said militarization such an easy sale.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, personal, and social rights for women.[1][2] This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. Feminists typically advocateor support the rights and equality of women.[3]In spite of what the 20-somethings on this board think feminism is, or what some are trying to make it out to be, the real definition is laudable, and is not comparable to "cancer" in any way -- except, maybe, to cavemen.
    If you actually knew anything about Milo, you'd know his problem is with 3rd Wave feminism. He's done numerous talks with Christina Hoff-Summers, who is a 2nd Wave feminist. I don't buy that you've read anything by him. I was absolutely right to lump you in with those leftist degenerates. Go home to them. They'll accept you, as long as you grovel to minorities and he-shes.

Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, personal, and social rights for women.[1][2] This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. Feminists typically advocateor support the rights and equality of women.[3]In spite of what the 20-somethings on this board think feminism is, or what some are trying to make it out to be, the real definition is laudable, and is not comparable to "cancer" in any way -- except, maybe, to cavemen.
    Like "liberalism", the original semantic of "feminism" is long lost. Sorry, you're probably not going to get that one back either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Does this video get chopped to $#@! right around 34:10 when he comes on for anybody else?

Seems to clear up around 36:00..
    It does for me. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Feminism outlived its usefulness as soon as we got the vote. Now they're all about special rights, not equal rights.

Oh, and not slut shaming.

Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, personal, and social rights for women.[1][2] This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. Feminists typically advocateor support the rights and equality of women.[3]

In spite of what the 20-somethings on this board think feminism is, or what some are trying to make it out to be, the real definition is laudable, and is not comparable to "cancer" in any way -- except, maybe, to cavemen.
    If you watch the video I posted where he just gave a talk, he said that feminism was originally good when they were for equal rights many times, but that it has outlived its usefulness and now it is hurting men. He thinks women would be happier if they lived conservative lifestyles, had kids and helped raise a family but that it is important that they are treated equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    1000 for security?

Money well spent.
    Yeah... uh, not when the security is worth $0.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I must commend the College Republicans for being far more sane than I am. I would have clubbed someone. If there's gonna be a war, then let's get it on.

Side note, according to Tom Woods, not only did they pay for the venue, they were charged a last minute security fee of $1000. They should get their money back.
    Yeah, no kidding. Security was a joke. Clearly they didn't get anything like what they paid for.

I'm withdrawing all previous comments of mine from this thread, not because what I said is incorrect, but the thread is not about feminism and no one gets it anyway. You can't ask women to go back to "conservative lifestyles" where all we do is pump out kids and mop the floor and expect that, without feminism, men will just magically continue to treat us equally (what could go wrong? That worked so well in 1952, right?) Whatever. Reply if you want. Flame away. I've said all I want to say.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I must commend the College Republicans for being far more sane than I am. I would have clubbed someone. If there's gonna be a war, then let's get it on.
    Ready, willing and able.......

You can't ask women to go back to "conservative lifestyles" where all we do is pump out kids and mop the floor and expect that, without feminism, men will just magically continue to treat us equally (what could go wrong? That worked so well in 1952, right?) Whatever. Reply if you want. Flame away. I've said all I want to say.
    Pump out kids? You cannot be serious.

Since when did that define "conservative"? I can recall no time in the past 60 years of my life that this has been the case, not even in the 50s. You seem to harbor some misbegotten belief that women were oppressed, which they were not in any pattern that could be credibly labeled as "general". If so, then how is it that I missed it all? I saw no woman in any household I knew who had been forced into marrying, "pumping out" kids, doing housework, and so on. This was the culture at the time; people did this of their own free will, by and large. Nobody was kidnapping women and making them take the vows at the end of muzzles.

Live the way you see fit. That is your prerogative - the basis of your freedoms. Nobody today, save perhaps a Muslim (1/2 ) is going to reduce you to the status of a servant.

Jesus... get serious here.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

She was clearly talking about Milo. The alt-right is pretty "fundamentalist" when it comes to free speech, other than the 1488 crowd, and they're mostly decried as entryists.
    Phuk a brick... what in hell are you talking about? I have no idea what any of those things means.

Is is me, or has there lately been something of an explosion of new jargon in the world? Sometimes I feel as if I no longer speak English... like Rip Van Winkle having just awakened after a 500-year nap. "Trigger", "microaggression", "safe space", "cis-gender**".

** Seriously, what in copulating hell is that supposed to mean? It is waved about by these angry lesbo-trannies as if it were some sort of grave insult. The world no longer makes the least sense to me.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

If there's gonna be a war, then let's get it on.

I will not say war is anything for which anyone should champ, but I do share the impulse. The pall of non-resolution of all these pending issues revolving around the vast landscapes of stupidity that have replaced the most basic rational sanity have become a source of fatigue to many good people, and even a few bastards such as myself. At this point I am ready to see this brought to a conclusion, come what may. There are many things I would yet like to do in life - to accomplish - but if the choice is placed before me to fight or submit to a reduction in status to that of serf, I hope to God I have the courage to eschew the latter.

The violent doggerel of the regressive-left loonies is now quite enough, and yet they are now piling it on ever higher. This is no way to live, and to be honest I feel that stupidity this brazen with hubris and conceit deserves the consequences for which it so insistently begs on all fours like a dog. This nation needs some of that little bit of revolution to which Jefferson once referred because the stupidity in question now poses a clear and present threat to good and sane people all over the land. My cruel hope is that when this dam breaks, the torrents will sweep every last one of these mentally and morally retarded people into the Stygian pit. They no longer constitute a body of mere and innocent ignoramuses, but rather that of a very dangerous adversary who would literally see all with whom there is disagreement, killed. The violence in their thinking and explicitly expressed sentiments makes clear the need to deal with them sans equivocation. The relationship has swung far from that of mere differences of opinion and right into the lap of malevolent intention, replete with their hope that the "authorities" will act to deliver unto them the world for which they demand with such venomous hankering.
    Last edited by osan; 05-27-2016 at 07:18 AM.

expect that, without feminism, men will just magically continue to treat us equally (what could go wrong?

Yeah. "We're" definitely the weaker sex - delicate $#@!ing flowers who need government to level the playing field because "we" can't compete seriously on "our" own merits.

Milo is supposedly the face of the new right-wing. It's a depressing thought.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Phuk a brick... what in hell are you talking about? I have no idea what any of those things means.

Is is me, or has there lately been something of an explosion of new jargon in the world? Sometimes I feel as if I no longer speak English... like Rip Van Winkle having just awakened after a 500-year nap. "Trigger", "microaggression", "safe space", "cis-gender**".

** Seriously, what in copulating hell is that supposed to mean? It is waved about by these angry lesbo-trannies as if it were some sort of grave insult. The world no longer makes the least sense to me.
    No, it's not just you. It's like watching a bad old sci-fi movie, but it's real. I guess.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    "I didn't leave the right wing, the right wing left me".
    "The Patriarch"

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

Alt-right-An umbrella term that refers to to right wing contingents not represented by the GOP, the UK Conservative party, and most other mainstream "right wing" parties and organizations. It includes, but is not limited to: white nationalists, paleos, traditionalists, reactionaries, neoreactionaries, monarchists, national-market anarchists and the European "New Right".

1488-Neo-Nazis. 14 represents a white nationalist slogan called "the 14 words", and 88 means "Heil Hitler".

Entryists-Refers to people who join organizations or movements in order shift them in a particular direction. A tactic used mostly by leftists in the mid-20th Century.

So, most of the alt-right is pro-free speech, except the neo-Nazis who are mostly seen as entryist infiltrators.

It's true that political discourse has become very lingo-heavy, but terms like "entryist" are pretty old at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    You like Sargon of Akkad, but not Milo Yiannopoulos? Rather odd, considering Milo is way more libertarian than Sargon is.

I'm withdrawing all previous comments of mine from this thread, not because what I said is incorrect, but the thread is not about feminism and no one gets it anyway. You can't ask women to go back to "conservative lifestyles" where all we do is pump out kids and mop the floor and expect that, without feminism, men will just magically continue to treat us equally (what could go wrong? That worked so well in 1952, right?) Whatever. Reply if you want. Flame away. I've said all I want to say.

Nobody is asking them to do anything, he is saying that women are happier that way and that is what the science shows and women should be aware of the science rather than being told lies. They should be equal. Milo applauds feminism for making women equal and applauds early feminism. What we are saying is that the things you disagree on are not points to disagree on because there is total agreement there between you and Milo, except for the part where you deny the science that having children and raising children makes women happier.

You like Sargon of Akkad, but not Milo Yiannopoulos? Rather odd, considering Milo is way more libertarian than Sargon is.
    Milo Yiannopoulos does do some good things, for sure. But I dislike his fanatical support for Donald Trump. He seems to think that being against political correctness is the only thing that matters, which I strongly disagree with. I'm much more concerned with limiting government and withdrawing from foreign conflicts. He also uses the word "cuck."

I also don't like how he presents himself. I've probably watched close to 100 Sargon of Akkad videos but I can't make it through any of Milo's videos that are longer than 10 minutes. Sargon comes off as a much more intelligent and likable person.
    Stop believing stupid things

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast