View Poll Results: Why do we have lost freedoms?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Political parties- Should we have political parties?

2 7.69%
  • Media

3 11.54%
  • Public education

7 26.92%
  • Career politicians

1 3.85%
  • Third parties not winning- If we should have them is the two party system holding us back

2 7.69%
  • Other-explain

11 42.31%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the biggest problem facing our nation regarding our lost freedoms?

What is the biggest problem facing our nation regarding our lost freedoms?

Everyone has their own opinion so I think we start somewhere to address the issue.it
    Last edited by dude58677; 05-26-2016 at 12:01 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The regulatory state. ( Administrative agencies.)

Didn't even see the pole, my bad .
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 05-24-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Other: because of the Constitution.

I think its a combination of political parties and career politicians. Its feels impossible to vote out incumbents due to the many advantages they enjoy. This leads to voter apathy.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Interest thread considering Rand's recent speech on the Bill of Rights. Trump is leading the polls being very anti-first amendment. Voters keep electing politicians whom erode our rights more each year. This country does not hold our government accountable.

I blame lazy voters. They/we have the power to elect officials that believe in limited government but don't.

Polls. That's "Why do we have lost freedoms"
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The fake money system called the Federal Reserve.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

All of the above, and more. But mostly indoctrination in my opinion.
    "The Patriarch"

The worship of the state.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Endless war. Most of the spending goes to fuel our global interventions around the world. Freedoms always decline during periods of war.

All the above.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unfounded Patriotism
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    All of the above, and more. But mostly indoctrination in my opinion.
    Winner
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Winner
    Agreed. It's not "public" education, it's government schooling. As TJ said, "The natural progress of things is for the government to gain ground and for liberty to yield."

There is no better way for a government to "gain ground" than to teach the nation about their benevolent omnipotence.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Agreed. It's not "public" education, it's government schooling. As TJ said, "The natural progress of things is for the government to gain ground and for liberty to yield."

There is no better way for a government to "gain ground" than to teach the nation about their benevolent omnipotence.
    Yep.

Public school was formulated to provide compliant factory workers- The Matrix.

Worked pretty good, I would say.
    There is no spoon.

I picked public education, although I would really say -

Societal and governmental forces that encourage complacency, ignorance and apathy, of which public schooling is the leading culprit.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

An ignorant populace more concerned with snapchat and Marvel movies than actual issues and responsibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    An ignorant populace more concerned with snapchat and Marvel movies than actual issues and responsibilities.
    WAIT-

Can't we have Freedom AND Marvel movies????
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To those who answered "public education"....what excuse do you have for those who went to parochial and private schools who keep making the same dumbass choices over and over and over?

For me, the answer is political parties.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    To those who answered "public education"....what excuse do you have for those who went to parochial and private schools who keep making the same dumbass choices over and over and over?

For me, the answer is political parties.
    If they are "accredited" they are still part of the state and still have to teach the prevalent lies.
    There is no spoon.

I think the blame always comes back to the people.

No matter what system of government you have, or even if you have no government at all, if people exhibit no interest or willingness whatsoever maintain their freedom, they will lose it. Complacency and apathy are good terms for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Other: because of the Constitution.
    I was going to say "the existence of a federal government", but I like this better^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I think the blame always comes back to the people.

No matter what system of government you have, or even if you have no government at all, if people exhibit no interest or willingness whatsoever maintain their freedom, they will lose it. Complacency and apathy are good terms for it.
    Ah, victim-blaming. How not-so-unexpected. :P You realize that by this reasoning a rape victim is at fault for her/his own rape, yes? :P Fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

All of the above, with public indoctrination taking first chair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast