Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never Gary Johnson: He’s Not Conservative and Not Even All That Libertarian - James Spiller

Never Gary Johnson: He’s Not Conservative and Not Even All That Libertarian - James Spiller

"In fact, Johnson inherited a debt of $1.8 billion and left a debt of $4.6 billion, a rate of increase unmatched by the 22 governors in either party who have filed for presidential primaries in the past two decades, with the exception of Governor Tom Vilsack (D., Iowa) in 2007. During every year that Johnson, as he says, balanced the budget, he added to the debt."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-conservatives

I know the article in question is from a questionable source. I also haven't really researched the man so don't shoot the messenger just yet. I just thought you all may want to take a gander at something not Trump.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought his ONLY libertarian credential was that he cut spending and dialed back government in NM.
    If he doesn't even have that.......
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Gary Johnson nearly tripled both spending and debt, especially bad when compared to neighboring states which did not do as bad and had real population growth. In addition to not understanding Libertarian principles, his fiscal record as governer was horrible.

Haven't read the whole article but one exception I take is pundits referring to tax breaks as subsidies. I'm for tax breaks. I think everyone should be. N.C. has lost a lot of business opportunities to Georgia because the state gov. ended the tax break it was giving the industry.

Anyone else familiarize themselves with the other candidates? Here's one with Kevin McCormick, Darryl Perry, and Mark Feldman. All three are quite interesting... McCormick answers several questions pragmatically by saying basically "I'm running to get spending under control first and all other issues second", Perry is a microsecessionist, and Feldman openly called Trump an $#@! twice on TV.

There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Anyone else familiarize themselves with the other candidates? Here's one with Kevin McCormick, Darryl Perry, and Mark Feldman. All three are quite interesting... McCormick answers several questions pragmatically by saying basically "I'm running to get spending under control first and all other issues second", Perry is a microsecessionist, and Feldman openly called Trump an $#@! twice on TV.

I don't have two hours to watch at this time. I really wish there had been more candidates on stage at the Fox/Stossel debate. I'll mark for later viewing. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Haven't read the whole article but one exception I take is pundits referring to tax breaks as subsidies. I'm for tax breaks. I think everyone should be. N.C. has lost a lot of business opportunities to Georgia because the state gov. ended the tax break it was giving the industry.
    Georgia at the same time was expanding tax breaks. The thing is that you can still play 'pick winners and losers' by playing with the tax code, so in a way, I can kind of see how some people see them as subsidies. I mean, say I've got a business already established in Georgia, but my competitors from out-of-state get tax breaks for relocating that I can't get (because I'm already here), that doesn't sit well with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

#NeverTrump
    #NeverHillary
    #NeverGary

who are we allowed to vote for again?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    #NeverTrump
    #NeverHillary
    #NeverGary

Wouldn't it be awesome if one of these years they held an election and nobody showed up to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Wouldn't it be awesome if one of these years they held an election and nobody showed up to vote?
    It would be glorious.
    "The Patriarch"

#NeverTrump
    #NeverHillary
    #NeverGary

#noonebutverminsupreme2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    #noonebutverminsupreme2016
    #neververmine

Ponies are pure pork.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    #neververmine

Ponies are pure pork.
    Pssh. Like everyone else out there (with a realistic chance of winning) doesn't have a boondogle planned. Might as well have a boondogle that we can enjoy and get free energy from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Johnson is an "alpha" male:

That was pretty funny.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

The thing that bothers me most isn't that Gary has marginal libertarian credentials. It is that Gary thinks his positions are strongly libertarian. He doesn't know enough to be able to understand and debate alternative views.

He still should be the nominee by default but I much prefer Mark Sanford or Mitch Daniels to this guy and his running mate.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    #NeverTrump
    #NeverHillary
    #NeverGary

#NOTA
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I plan on voting for Johnson again, but I would like to hear Johnson's response to the article. If tax breaks are being considered as spending (heard of this before) these numbers are not credible. Polling in double figures, DNC and RNC are going to spend millions to make him look bad.

Trump is a p$%#y is a good slogan!

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Pssh. Like everyone else out there (with a realistic chance of winning) doesn't have a boondogle planned. Might as well have a boondogle that we can enjoy and get free energy from.
    Who doesn't want a pony?

You can't take credit for tax cuts or tax subsidies when you fund the government with debt. Debt is a tax.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

The future will be powered by zombies.

rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    #neververmine

Ponies are pure pork.
    Yeah but all of his offensive policies aren't part of executive powers he would get as a president. He would just be good on policy X Y Z, that he does have power over as a president, and Policy A B C, that you don't agree with he wouldn't be able to do it anyways.

I think it's time to put away the impossibly nuanced positions. We have a LP candidate who I think everyone can agree is a good guy and not a criminal like the 2 major party candidate. He's polling double digits. He's a former governor with name recognition likely to be joined on the ticket by another former governor. This is a huge deal. There are cracks showing in the 2 party system.

Out of ammo.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If we enter an alternate reality more bizzaro than Frontrunner Trumprunner and Johnson landed in the white house... I have the most confidence that he would actually put an end to this ridiculous drug war.

The reality is that the Libertarian candidate is not going to win this cycle but Johnson/Weld would receive more votes than any LP candidate in history and could maybe get matching funds for the party in the future. Gary has a slim chance at sneaking into the debates too. McAfee and especially Petersen don't have a chance at either. Gary isn't a bad person, he's certainly better than Bob Barr. I don't see the point of voting at all if nothing good comes from it, just helping Hillary win would be sickening.

The reality is that the Libertarian candidate is not going to win this cycle but Johnson/Weld would receive more votes than any LP candidate in history and could maybe get matching funds for the party in the future. Gary has a slim chance at sneaking into the debates too. McAfee and especially Petersen don't have a chance at either. Gary isn't a bad person, he's certainly better than Bob Barr. I don't see the point of voting at all if nothing good comes from it, just helping Hillary win would be sickening.
    I ask you how is Johnson going to perform if he got in the debates? What evidence do you have that the other two would not make the debates?

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    If we enter an alternate reality more bizzaro than Frontrunner Trumprunner and Johnson landed in the white house... I have the most confidence that he would actually put an end to this ridiculous drug war.
    I don't. He doesn't want to legalize drugs harder than marijuana. He's said as much numerous times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

I don't see the point of voting at all if nothing good comes from it
    Something good always comes out of voting.

It's usually a sticker but sometimes there's candy.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Haha he called Trump a pussy. LMAO!

Presidential elections are awesome I wish we could do this every year
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast