Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reverse Racism isn't Real

Reverse Racism isn't Real

Good grief I'm so sick of this crap. Please help me refute this nonsense.
    Go!

And if you agree with the video please explain.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Who cares though?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Who cares though?
    All false notions need refutation or else they become the truth.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Good grief I'm so sick of this crap.
    Why do you subject yourself to such things?

No they don't..........

I can type over and over how great I am and I'm still going to be just a carpenter...

Some idiot screaming from the rooftops is just an idiot.....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    No they don't..........

I can type over and over how great I am and I'm still going to be just a carpenter...

Some idiot screaming from the rooftops is just an idiot.....

When I have a belief system, I have a philosophical basis as to why. I don't just end with "The guy is an asshat and I should ignore him".

Please just disregard the thread if you don't wish to contribute.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Just stirring the pot, attempting to keep the conversations lively?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not a matter of truth or falsehood. It's like debating which is a better rule for baseball, pinch hitter or no pinch hitter.

She is right. There is no such thing as reverse racism. That would imply that there is some type of set or exclusive racism. Racism is just racism, no forward or reverse involved.

Obsession with racism is simply a distraction, generally used by leftists to guilt someone or push an agenda, which in an ironic reversal, sometimes is a racist agenda itself.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

When I have a belief system, I have a philosophical basis as to why. I don't just end with "The guy is an asshat and I should ignore him".

Please just disregard the thread if you don't wish to contribute.
    Well pardon me.........

I didn't realize you were seeking to bolster your belief system by picking apart some idiots video.

Which aspect of her diatribe would you like to discuss?

Or which aspect of your philosophically based belief system is being eroded by subjecting yourself to such nonsense?

Could I contribute the idea that nobody is entitled to preferential treatment by virtue of birth? In a nutshell that's what she's asking for.

She didn't even begin to discuss racism let alone reverse racism, she carried on about discrimination in both the private sector and in government.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    She is right. There is no such thing as reverse racism. That would imply that there is some type of set or exclusive racism. Racism is just racism, no forward or reverse involved.

Obsession with racism is simply a distraction, generally used by leftists to guilt someone or push an agenda, which in an ironic reversal, sometimes is a racist agenda itself.
    I agree. But her reasoning for the claim is really absurd. A real stretch, at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

This place used to be the sorts where you could float a premise (stupid as it may be) and people would at least attempt to use logic to refute it.

(BTW. I know of some really intelligent people who believe this premise)

So I'll surmise that 1. No one has an answer 2. No one wishes to answer 3. People put more effort into why they don't wish to refute the premise than actually doing so.

Really appreciate the links Truth Warrior, but I wanted to hear your reasoning. Most of those links are also the premise's supporters arguments in favor of.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

This place used to be the sorts where you could float a premise (stupid as it may be) and people would at least attempt to use logic to refute it.

So I'll surmise that 1. No one has an answer 2. No one wishes to answer 3. People put more effort into why they don't wish to refute the premise than actually doing so.

Really appreciate the links Truth Warrior, but I wanted to hear your reasoning. Most of those links are also the premise's supporters arguments in favor of.
    I have no reasoning, I'm just a messenger on this thread, too.

Really appreciate the links Truth Warrior, but I wanted to hear your reasoning.
    Good luck with that.

Racism is racism and it comes from all sides. Being a California street kid, I can genuinely testify to that.

I didn't watch much of the video because after a few seconds, these kind of vids make me bat**** crazy. However, I will agree that history is written by the winner and most of what we learn about other civilizations is painted to make us look great and them as ignorant savages.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So I'll take a stab at it.

Based off what Bryan said. Racism is just Racism. What this girl is talking about is Collective tyranny of the powerful over the weak. That can be accomplished by different means. Many times it has been accomplished by using shallow differences such as skin color, and cultural differences to invalidate others ability to wield social power and it's the rationale of the majority to wield control. But racism isn't racism simply because it's practiced by a majority. I reject her premise.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

It doesn't really take a racist to recognize that Africa has never been a paradise on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    It doesn't really take a racist to recognize that Africa has never been a paradise on Earth.
    Actually it was fairly paradisaical at one time- until all the resources were discovered and invaders began stripping out all the goodies.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Actually it was fairly paradisaical at one time- until all the resources were discovered and invaders began stripping out all the goodies.
    Ah, the Noble Savage myth returns to RPFs!
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

"Reverse racism" is a misnomer and a phrase that is used only with the assumption that all racism originates from white people and that any racism toward whites is the reverse of it. The definition of racism would have to be "when whites hold prejudices against non-whites" for a phrase like "reverse racism" to make sense. "Reactionary racism" would be a better term if one wanted to have a term for racism in response to racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    "Reverse racism" is a misnomer and a phrase that is used only with the assumption that all racism originates from white people and that any racism toward whites is the reverse of it. The definition of racism would have to be "when whites hold prejudices against non-whites" for a phrase like "reverse racism" to make sense. "Reactionary racism" would be a better term if one wanted to have a term for racism in response to racism.
    True.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Ah, the Noble Savage myth returns to RPFs!
    Ah, the Everybody But Us Western Europeans Types Were Savages Myth as been unveiled once more.

The Africans were tribal- they fought each other and sold each other to slave traders. If they had actually come together as a unit, there is no way the Dutch could have captured them for the slave trade.

BUT- the same can be said of the Scots. They were tribal- and were much more brutal than the Africans. They would bury their enemies alive after hanging them until almost dead. Then they would bend them backwards and bind their heads to their feet and then throw them in the graves.

If the Scots had ever joined together there is no way England could have conquered them.
    There is no spoon.

Ah, the Everybody But Us Western Europeans Types Were Savages Myth as been unveiled once more.

The Africans were tribal- they fought each other and sold each other to slave traders. If they had actually come together as a unit, there is no way the Dutch could have captured them for the slave trade.

BUT- the same can be said of the Scots. They were tribal- and were much more brutal than the Africans. They would bury their enemies alive after hanging them until almost dead. Then they would bend them backwards and bind their heads to their feet and then throw them in the graves.

If the Scots had ever joined together there is no way England could have conquered them.
    The priciple discussed in the video applies to all "savages" of all races and geographic places.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What years were those?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    knew I could count on Spikender. Always has a good post on race relations.

Folks. I'm no Island. and I think it's always good to test our preconceived ideas. That's all I was trying to encourage. This is one of those areas that I believe as most of you do, but I don't articulate the logical basis of it as well as others do.

I'm not sure if people are aware of this new fangled logic that says that the minority oppressed can't be racists, but it sure threw me or a loop when I first heard it and had to figure out how to refute it.

I think it is simply that these SJW are conflating racism with just general oppression of the strong over the weak by one collective measure. And I think they are worse off for it.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Racism is racism. Putting "reverse" in front of it waters it down.

I'll believe her when I can wear a shirt that says "white girls rock" without being called racist. Not that I want such a shirt, but just saying.....
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 05-24-2016 at 06:56 PM.

knew I could count on Spikender. Always has a good post on race relations.

Folks. I'm no Island. and I think it's always good to test our preconceived ideas. That's all I was trying to encourage. This is one of those areas that I believe as most of you do, but I don't articulate the logical basis of it as well as others do.

I'm not sure if people are aware of this new fangled logic that says that the minority oppressed can't be racists, but it sure threw me or a loop when I first heard it and had to figure out how to refute it.

I think it is simply that these SJW are conflating racism with just general oppression of the strong over the weak by one collective measure. And I think they are worse off for it.
    Anything to continue being a victim....

When I $#@! up it's my own fault, not my ancestors and certainly not your ancestors..

When my country ass doesn't fit in at the upscale country club I'm not being discriminated against.

When I have people look down their nose at me because of my beard or how I dress they're not discriminating against me and if I decide to take a walk through the barrio and get rolled for my temerity then that's on me not the hoodrats.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Racism is racism. Putting "reverse" in front of it waters it down.
    That's one argument I've used a lot as well. I feel like people toss around the term "racist" itself too much anyway and water it down in that aspect as well. It's as if people don't understand that there is a difference between someone being ignorant or naive and actually being racist. I've seen people called racist because they asked a question to learn more about someone of a different race. Racism is active prejudice against people of another race, not being ignorant of another race's history or traditions.

The truth is that Governments have used tools like "racism", "nationalism", "classism", and several other despicable "isms" to control their people for as long as human history stretches back. Anything to foster an "us vs them" mentality in their people to both unite and divide them as necessary to achieve the Government's goals. Back during the days of slavery, racism was a tool used by Governments and individuals alike to convince the populace and themselves respectively that blacks were deserving of being slaves and that using them as economic tools was morally okay. Before, slavery was just a fact of life, but race was used here to battle evolving views of individual worth that likely stemmed from the enlightenment.

Unfortunately, we've carried this cross that our ancestors have put upon us to this day. I agree with Tod that we should owe no debt for what our ancestors did. It becomes especially aggravating for me as a person with an Irish heritage at times whenever the subject of racism, slavery, Jim Crow Laws, and what have you comes up. People don't really understand the history of the Irish in America. But I don't go around acting like people owe me for it and neither does my family. I think we need to talk and be open about race, but instead we have all these insular viewpoints that seek to stifle debate about race and instead put people into "friend" and "enemy" boxes as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

A couple of things to add.

"Africa" is a very large place. Yeah, actually, a lot of it was pretty amazing for a very long time. The particular combination of resources and relative isolation of civilizations, though, made it ripe for other groups to come in and exploit those resources. The very first to exploit slaves, gold, and other resources were fellow Africans. From there, it was only a hop skip and jump for people to swoop in and mine, etc.. It doesn't mean that the people coming in were evil, or that the natives were all noble savages, or any similar idiocy.

Also, I really don't mind racist as a label. I do think it would get tossed around a little less if it weren't the equivalent of shouting "fire" in a crowded theater. Most people are at least a little racist, and some are incredibly (almost comically) racist. Until they take steps to harm someone or institutionalize their hatred into depriving people of rights (real rights, btw, not "the right to free stuff" type rights), it's fine with me. Lynching someone --- ANYONE --- is pretty godawful. It wouldn't be any prettier if the victim were other-than-black. Calling someone a name, though, just reveals your true colors and the person on the receiving end gets to decide how to react to it. Remember that? When you had to decide whether to fight, walk away, or come up with a witty retort? Before people called the cops because their safe space was violated?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast