Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brazen Trump supporter taunts protester after smashing his camera

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    And I also know Trump supporters are not libertarian and they are doing much less then supporters of others.
    You're putting your head in the sand if you think that.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    No, of couse not. The argument is how a candidate expresses views on violence, how they step up to condone issues and the like. Didn't Rand's campaign issue a denunciation of this act?

This is very different than Trumps statement about paying for legal fees. Making such statements to a large crowd of people you don't know is problematic at best.

Still, I don't see this as some major issue.
    This is where it comes down to strategy. Ron Paul's way is long term strategy that will not bear fruit right away.

Trump's is here and now. When you persuing Trump's strategy you can't let your opponent's dictate your actions. Where Ron and Rand get bogged down trying to address every distraction Trump just barrels through.

The issue with protesters at Trump rallies is that they are coming in uninvited. They are ranging from disruptive to violent. The golden rule at this point has no problem with treating them this way. I think it is more responsible to let your supporters know you have their back vs letting these individuals to continue to attack your supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    You're putting your head in the sand if you think that.
    Bernie bro's invading Trump rally in Chicago. Cali blockades.

Tyrannyparrot ought to just be banned in my opinion. Give her the ultimatum of removing the avatar, shutting the $#@! up, and sitting quietly to read or gtfo.

It's no wonder why more enjoyable posters have left.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Tyrannyparrot ought to just be banned in my opinion. Give her the ultimatum of removing the avatar, shutting the $#@! up, and sitting quietly to read or gtfo.

Yet Trump can't ban Bernie bro's from rallies...
    😂

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ��
    Oh, he could. Dubya did, quite successfully. He just has nothing to say, so he wants the hecklers to distract everyone from the fact that his blather is meaningless.

Some comedians work better with hecklers. Of course, most comedians don't advocate that the hecklers be physically attacked...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-23-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

How very authoritarian of you.

Indeed. A number of posters have left who haven't enjoyed the observable leftward (liberal) spiral that has happened here over the years and simply got sick and tired of it. But, I doubt those are the ones of which you are speaking.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

��
    I've never said anything of the kind.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

+rep

By the way, get ready. You'll probably get an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    A number of posters have left who haven't enjoyed the observable leftward (liberal) spiral that has happened here over the years and simply got sick and tired of it.
    I suppose that's why, for example, Little Light Shining is no longer here?

At the end of the day, some here will look for alliances with the antiwar 'Left' and some will look for alliances with the closed borders 'Right'. But working to entice the antiwar left to vote Libertarian, despite the fact that they're usually more interested in growing the federal government, is not the same thing as capitulating on all things liberty (or, if you prefer, all other things liberty) in order to ally with a bunch of totalitarians who just happen to want to deport people.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    How very authoritarian of you.
    Do you remember when I posted a picture of Jon McNaughton's painting, 'The Forgotten Man'?

You said that I was the guy 'groveling' to Barack Obama? Then Ender mentioned to you that who you were referring to was actually James Madison?

You see, you're an idiot. Objectively so. It'd suit you better not to respond in any manner whatever as the best you can do is hysterical misrepresentations and irrational exaggerations.

It is not 'authoritarian', you simp, to remove someone from another's property if that is what the property owner so wishes to do.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh, he could. Dubya did, quite successfully. He just has nothing to say, so he wants the hecklers to distract everyone from the fact that his blather is meaningless.

Some comedians work better with hecklers. Of course, most comedians don't advocate that the hecklers be physically attacked...
    I listened to his rallies he has a lot to say.

Starts with current events. Then hits topics of walls, tarrifs and politicians. Then rails against opponents.

Personally found it with a lot of substance. But then I doubt you actually listened to his rallies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

I listened to his rallies he has a lot to say.

Starts with current events. Then hits topics of walls, tarrifs and politicians. Then rails against opponents.

Personally found it with a lot of substance. But then I doubt you actually listened to his rallies.
    I find he lacks anything resembling specificity. Which is understandable, because generally when he does get a tiny bit specific, he contradicts himself.

And, no, I don't consider 'we have half as many Navy ships as we used to and I will increase that number without spending more money by cutting better deals with the shipbuilders' to be specific.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol I think a Bernie fan getting his camera snatched is pretty funny, going to have to beg mom for a new one

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I find he lacks anything resembling specificity. Which is understandable, because generally when he does get a tiny bit specific, he contradicts himself.

And, no, I don't consider 'we have half as many Navy ships as we used to and I will increase that number without spending more money by cutting better deals with the shipbuilders' to be specific.
    Having listened to a few of his speeches I concur.

Bernie bro's invading Trump rally in Chicago. Cali blockades.
    So you're trying to blame violence that occurs at Trump events on Sanders instead of Trump?

I need to see more of the video before I can make a judgement.

I really don't like leftists. If they choose to attened a Trump rally they need to behave themselves.

Many don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I need to see more of the video before I can make a judgement.

I really don't like leftists. If they choose to attened a Trump rally they need to behave themselves.

Many don't.
    Trump is a leftist.

He's far to the right of you.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Some good points have been made but there is too much bickering to keep this open given the low value of this issue.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123