JONES MEETS WITH DNI ON 28 PAGES

May 20, 2016

Washington, D.C. – This week, Congressman Walter B. Jones (NC-3) met with General James R. Clapper, Director of National Intelligence, about declassifying the redacted 28 pages of the Joint Inquiry Into Intelligence Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 2001. The pages were initially classified by President George W. Bush and have remained classified under President Barack Obama. On April 12, 2014, Congressmen Jones sent a letter to President Obama asking for the 28 pages to be declassified. General Clapper met with him this week regarding the status of the Obama administration’s response to that request. General Clapper informed Congressman Jones that by the end of this he week he intends to make his recommendation to the White House on whether he thinks the 28 pages should be declassified.

“I’d like to thank General Clapper for taking the time to meet with me,” said Congressman Jones. “While the General did not say what he would advise the White House, I felt encouraged that he understands how important it is for the 9/11 families and the American people to know the truth. I will continue doing everything I can to make sure this important information is made available to the public.”

Last year, Congressmen Jones introduced H. Res. 14, a resolution to call on President Obama to declassify the 28 pages. The resolution states that declassification of the pages is necessary to provide the American public with the full truth surrounding the tragic events of September 11, 2001, particularly relating to the involvement of foreign governments.

Click on the link below to read Congressman Jones' 2014 letter to President Obama.
http://jones.house.gov/press-release...s-dni-28-pages