Thread: Rand Paul slams gun-free zones at NRA-ILA forum

Rand Paul slams gun-free zones at NRA-ILA forum

Rand Paul slams gun-free zones at NRA-ILA forum

By David Sherfinski
    Friday, May 20, 2016

LOUISVILLE — Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky on Friday slammed the idea of gun-free zones in front of a crowd of gun-rights enthusiasts at the National Rifle Association’s annual meetings in Mr. Paul’s home state.

“These terrible, recurring tragedies keep occurring in one place: gun-free zones,” Mr. Paul said at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum. “These terrible tragedies keep happening in areas that we [have] pre-announced are defenseless.”

“Look, I’ve got children. I can’t imagine one of my kids being killed at school by a deranged killer,” said Mr. Paul, a former 2016 GOP presidential candidate. “But as a physician, I was trained to solve problems — to get beyond emotions and find answers.

read more:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...nra-ila-forum/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand is the man!

He also mentioned new legislation that proposes veteran's with PTSD not be allowed to own firearms. "I'll be damned before I let the government take guns from the veterans who fought to preserve this country," he said. "I will do whatever necessary to defend our god-given rights."

nice Rand cheers!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    God save the republic at the end. Does anyone know what he is referencing? I digged around and this is what I could find. It was in a book, and I don't usually read those.
    your image didn't appear in my browser, uploaded to imgur for u

I don't think it was reference to that. More ambiguous.

Buchanan used to use it all the time.
    http://buchanan.org/blog/pjb-the-new-patriotism-329

it was probably reference to campaign for liberty

Last edited by presence; 05-21-2016 at 07:02 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Rand is the man!
    Yep- and

On. The. Nose.
    There is no spoon.

There are many NRA trumpites... They could have had Rand, but now they endorse trump.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

God save the Republic . Well , yes .Because only God can .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

$#@! yeah Rand Paul.

Bout time I waltzed into a positive topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.