Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump once revealed his income tax returns. They showed he didn’t pay a cent.

Trump once revealed his income tax returns. They showed he didn’t pay a cent.

By Drew Harwell May 20 at 1:00 PM

The last time information from Donald Trump’s income-tax returns was made public, the bottom line was striking: He had paid the federal government $0 in income taxes.

The disclosure, in a 1981 report by New Jersey gambling regulators, revealed that the wealthy Manhattan investor had for at least two years in the late 1970s taken advantage of a tax-code provision popular with developers that allowed him to report negative income.

Today, as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Trump regularly denounces corporate executives for using loopholes and “false deductions to “get away with murder” when it comes to avoiding taxes.

“They make a fortune. They pay no tax,” Trump said last year on CBS. “It’s ridiculous, okay?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b45_story.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Trump makes public a tax return where he paid 0 taxes, legally, ...

He would win President in a landslide (which he might anyway)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If Trump makes public a tax return where he paid 0 taxes, legally, ...

He would win President in a landslide (which he might anyway)
    That's how ya make America Great Again! I'd seriously consider him if I saw it, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    That's how ya make America Great Again! I'd seriously consider him if I saw it, too.
    Ditto.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

So Trump is a libertarian after all.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

He'd probably really much rather give some of that money to his lawyers and accountants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    He'd probably really much rather give some of that money to his lawyers and accountants.
    I would and I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would and I do.
    Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    exactly.
    Paying no taxes yourself while advocating that other people pay (more) taxes would be a negative rather than a positive.

It would be different if he hadn't said that people like him should pay more taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Paying no taxes yourself while advocating that other people pay (more) taxes would be a negative rather than a positive.

It would be different if he hadn't said that people like him should pay more taxes.
    There is no other possible reason why someone would not pay taxes. Not paying taxes absolutely has everything to do with political ideology. Trump is a tea party person, he really was against the bail outs, and all of the wars, and he was even a Ron Paul person. Don't ya remember when he said that Ron Paul shouldn't be ignored on twitter.

I do see your point, just remember, Trump is a wizard of persuasion...

The issue that magically resonates: Who (themselves, not someone else) wants to pay more taxes?

Good. No one should pay taxes.

Too bad Trump doesn't see it that way.

"I don't pay taxes. Only little people pay taxes."

I forget what millionaire/billionaire said that but I'd bet Trump believes the same sort of $#@! and has no problem with it. Why should he? He has no principles.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Now you're making Trump out to be a HERO.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    I'm not making him out to be anything, I just shared an article I thought people would find interesting.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Watch for the pivot; he will turn, "rich guy Trump pays no taxes" into
    a positive for his campaign. He'll get even more support/votes, like a folk hero.

Fooled...

Then, we know what usually happens to the little people after any POTUS gets elected!

...Again

Why is this especially important now in Trump's case, since they all lie in order to get elected...

At least Trump is not promising as much free cheese at this point.

Trump might try something different than obeying the puppet masters script.
    That's why "they" absolutely don't want him on their ballot, cause the game is
    always rigged so either choice (between approved insider names in the R or D
    columns) won't make a lick of difference who wins
    to the status quo machine.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    There is no other possible reason why someone would not pay taxes. Not paying taxes absolutely has everything to do with political ideology. Trump is a tea party person, he really was against the bail outs, and all of the wars, and he was even a Ron Paul person. Don't ya remember when he said that Ron Paul shouldn't be ignored on twitter.
    Agreed 100%
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    Good. No one should pay taxes.

Too bad Trump doesn't see it that way.

"I don't pay taxes. Only little people pay taxes."

I forget what millionaire/billionaire said that but I'd bet Trump believes the same sort of $#@! and has no problem with it. Why should he? He has no principles.
    Interesting, but he never said that. Try again.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    For sure.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Actions speak louder than words.
    So, just make $#@! up, eh? lol
    ================

Isn't this a Trump promotion thread?
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Isn't this a Trump promotion thread?
    No, those aren't allowed on RPFs

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I wish Trump would make a campaign promise to cut the budget by 75%. He would win in a landslide. If he did it our economy would BOOM!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I wish Trump would make a campaign promise to cut the budget by 75%. He would win in a landslide. If he did it our economy would BOOM!
    It would be hard to do that while bombing Iran, Syria, Iraq, North Korea and giving subsidies to practically, if not virtually, every special interest group in America.

How's he supposed to institute an assault weapon ban while cutting taxes?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Government of, by, and for the oligarchs.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    It would be hard to do that while bombing Iran, Syria, Iraq, North Korea and giving subsidies to practically, if not virtually, every special interest group in America.

How's he supposed to institute an assault weapon ban while cutting taxes?
    My post was supposed to say IRS budget.

He could easily bomb the world, ban assault weapons and cut taxes at the same time. The key is to disregard deficits, the national debt and the constitution all at the same time. It has been done by every other president in my lifetime.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

That's why Rand Paul says Trump is an empty suit.
    No. The issue was that Trump was accused of saying something that he did not and when it was pointed out, the person agreed that he had not said it. So, once again, the Trump-haters just making crap up.
    ================

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast