Thread: Lemonade stand protection bill headed to the governor’s desk

Lemonade stand protection bill headed to the governor’s desk

Sell $501.00 and you need a license.SMDH...

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Louisiana’s neighborhood lemonade stands will soon be off-limits for ticketing.

Lawmakers have given final passage to a bill exempting minors engaging in sales of less than $500 a year from having to pay an occupational license tax.

Sen. Gary Smith, a Norco Democrat, says he introduced the measure after municipal officials have written tickets to children for not having an occupational license to sell lemonade at their local stands.

Stunned — and dismayed — lawmakers unanimously approved the bill in both the House and Senate. A 35-0 vote Monday in the Senate sent the measure to Gov. John Bel Edwards, who intends to sign it into law.

The new law will take effect Aug. 1.
    http://klfy.com/2016/05/17/lemonade-...overnors-desk/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sweet. They'll be more code enforcement positions available at city hall.

Maybe I can get a gig tattling on five year olds trying to make a grand.

But without an occupational license, how do we know that lemonade will be safe to drink?

I think they will soon regret this bill. Many lives will be lost.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I was afraid they were going to make exceptions for minors. Special laws for special people. Now all this law does is undercut the equally legitimate business of a normal adult trying to make money by selling lemonades.