Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dandelion root extract found to kill leukemia cells, prostate cancer cells and chemo-resistant

Dandelion root extract found to kill leukemia cells, prostate cancer cells and chemo-resistant

Dandelion root extract found to kill leukemia cells, prostate cancer cells and chemo-resistant melanoma

May 17, 2016
    by: Isabelle Z.

They might not be welcome in your yard, but it turns out that dandelions have tremendous potential when it comes to helping people who are suffering from cancer.

Chemo-resistant melanoma is now the most common type of cancer affecting Americans aged 25 to 29. The only option doctors can presently offer these patients is surgery to remove the tumor and its surroundings, followed by immunotherapy, which does not usually work when the melanoma has metastasized.

However, all that looks set to change, thanks to a humble plant that many people pull out of their gardens and throw away. At the University of Windsor in Ontario, the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry has shown that dandelion root extract can cause human melanoma cells to essentially kill themselves without leading to any type of toxicity. In fact, their initial study saw cancer cells disintegrating within 48 hours, while healthy cells remained unaffected. The study was led by Professor Siyaram Pandey, PhD.

Concentrated dandelion root tea being used in clinical trials

These promising results prompted the non-profit organization Mitacs to reach out to AOR Inc., a Calgary company that produces natural health products, in order to develop a dandelion tea powder that is significantly stronger than that found in health food stores. They accomplish this by milling dandelion root, creating an extract from it, and then freeze-drying it into a powder that patients dissolve into hot water and then drink.

AOR is producing 6,000 doses of this tea for a clinical trial that will take place at the Windsor Regional Cancer Centre, and will involve 30 patients with various types of cancer, including leukemia, who have not had success with conventional therapy.

Read more: http://www.naturalnews.com/054052_da..._medicine.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Repeat after me....lots of things kill cancer cells in a petri dish.

Another allopathic remedy?

The Efficacy of Dandelion Root Extract in Inducing Apoptosis in Drug-Resistant Human Melanoma Cells
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3018636/

Cancer Cells Decompose After Several Weeks With The Use of This Herbal Tea
    http://dailyhealthpost.com/dandelion...-cancer-cells/

Selective Induction of Apoptosis and Autophagy Through Treatment With Dandelion Root Extract in Human Pancreatic Cancer Cells
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...c_Cancer_Cells

This Plant Extract Forces Cancer Cells to Commit Suicide in 24 Hours!
    http://www.davidwolfe.com/extract-ca...ommit-suicide/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Another allopathic remedy?
    The same people announced their own line of dandelion extract for sale- announced at the same press conference as claiming they had found it kills cancer cells. Conflict of interest?

http://windsorstar.com/news/dandelio...rket-it-formed

Also at Thursday’s event was the announcement of the creation of Windsor Botanical Theraputics Inc. to market the dandelion root extract.

“The main purpose of any company such as this is to bring the research and technologies to the market,” said CEO Dr. Joseph Elliott.

“We are the next step in bringing Dr. Pandey’s research to where patients can actually benefit.”

There are many dandelion natural health products on the market currently which can’t claim the anti-cancer benefit. Should the clinical trials reflect a benefit, the company would then be able to market on that basis, Elliott said.

“We will begin with standard claims, then cancer claims,” Elliott said.

The product will be available in capsule form.
    To claim an anti- cancer benefit they have to prove it prevents/ cures cancer.

I think it is odd that the dandelion has been assaulted by poison manufacturers. It is nutritious, wine can be made with the flowers and now they are finding it kills cancer cells what does that tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I think it is odd that the dandelion has been assaulted by poison manufacturers. It is nutritious, wine can be made with the flowers and now they are finding it kills cancer cells what does that tell you?
    A lot.

"Cause the only good weed is the weed that's dead."

I do believe dandelions have promise .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post

Some don't like beneficial weeds.
    and it is a beneficial weed. (another of many)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I have a coworker who was always bitching about his hydrangea not blooming and that he was going to dig it up and throw it in the trash. I told him to give it to me instead and assured him that it would bloom after I planted it. He asked what I would do to "make it bloom" to which I replied that I would do absolutely nothing except water it from time to time. This went on for a few years and finally he told me that he was pruning it to the ground every year because he didn't like the way the limbs looked with no leaves in the winter. /sigh

All of that to say, he religiously plucked the dandelions out of his yard and put them in a trash bag for the city to pick up. I though it was ironic that he tortured the poor hydrangea and threatened to kill it because it wouldn't bloom yet here was this pretty little yellow flower that blooms all throughout spring and summer, is both nutritional and medicinal, requires no care whatsoever and he kills every one he sees.

His hydrangea is blooming now that he quit pruning it to the ground, by the way... Imagine that.

We used to have dandelions .. haven't seen any around here in ages. I bet the neighbors that have "professional" lawn services had something to do with it.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Dandelion root extract found to kill leukemia cells, prostate cancer cells and chemo-resistant melanoma
    @JK/SEA needs this information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    BUMP

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    We used to have dandelions .. haven't seen any around here in ages. I bet the neighbors that have "professional" lawn services had something to do with it.
    Glyphosate testing in Portugal detects highest levels ever recorded in people with no professional exposure

Friday, May 20, 2016 by: Julie Wilson

Worldwide, glyphosate contamination is rampant. Around 650,000 tons of the chemical, the primary ingredient in Monsanto's Roundup, were applied globally in 2011. Unsurprisingly, the widely used weed killer is in our water supplies, soil and conventionally grown crops. Now, thanks to independent testing, we're beginning to understand how glyphosate, a probable carcinogen, accumulates in people.

Testing conducted by the Portuguese No GMO Coalition and the Detox Project is the latest to discover the presence of glyphosate in human urine. However, their results are unique in that they detected substantially higher levels of the weed killer than any other tests performed in Europe in people with no professional exposure to glyphosate.

The urine of 26 Portuguese volunteers was tested; glyphosate was identified in 100 percent of the samples. Sadly, children had the highest amounts of the weed killer in their urine. This revelation follows on the heels of a report linking pesticide exposure to childhood cancers.

Scientists have long understood the vulnerability of children regarding pesticide exposure.

"Quickly growing bodies take in more of everything; they eat, breathe and drink more, pound for pound, than adults. As physiological systems undergo rapid changes from the womb through adolescence, interference from pesticides and industrial chemicals—even at very low levels—can derail the process in ways that lead to significant health harms," explains the Pesticide Action Network.

Read more: http://www.naturalnews.com/054091_gl..._Portugal.html

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    nah...prostate cancer is not a problem, but a stroke is...

stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    nah...prostate cancer is not a problem, but a stroke is...

stay tuned.

I hope you are not serious?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More people die WITH prostate cancer than FROM it. It is a very slow growing, non- aggressive form of cancer.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostat...key-statistics

About 180,890 new cases of prostate cancer
    About 26,120 deaths from prostate cancer
    That says that 14% of people diagnosed with prostate cancer end up dying from it (less than one percent of all deaths).

Risk of prostate cancer

About 1 man in 7 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.

Prostate cancer develops mainly in older men. About 6 cases in 10 are diagnosed in men aged 65 or older, and it is rare before age 40. The average age at the time of diagnosis is about 66.
    Prostate cancer can be a serious disease, but most men diagnosed with prostate cancer do not die from it. In fact, more than 2.9 million men in the United States who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point are still alive today.
    Meanwhile, more than five times as many die from strokes:

http://www.strokecenter.org/patients...ke-statistics/

Stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United States. More than 140,000 people die each year from stroke in the United States.
    Stroke is the leading cause of serious, long-term disability in the United States.
    Each year, approximately 795,000 people suffer a stroke. About 600,000 of these are first attacks, and 185,000 are recurrent attacks.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-20-2016 at 06:47 PM.

I hope you are not serious?

yep...doc wanted me on blood thinners. Told him no. I'm taking 325mg aspirin daily instead...so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    yep...doc wanted me on blood thinners. Told him no. I'm taking 325mg aspirin daily instead...so far so good.
    Oh good Lord, i am so sorry to hear that JK. I will keep you in my prayers. Do some research on what aspirin can do long term.

Top 10 Herbal Blood Thinners List
    http://naturalbloodthinners.org/herb...thinners-list/

Oh good Lord, i am so sorry to hear that JK. I will keep you in my prayers. Do some research on what aspirin can do long term.

Top 10 Herbal Blood Thinners List
    http://naturalbloodthinners.org/herb...thinners-list/
    well all i know is that aspirin is supposed to keep me from a stroke, so any 'down' side to aspirin is met with a 'meh'...

The risk of aspirin is slower clotting of the blood- which is how it helps prevent strokes. It was a problem for only 40 in ten thousand people taking aspirin daily.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-...n-safe-for-you

Taking low-dose aspirin for “secondary prevention” is not controversial. Secondary prevention is for people who already have had a heart attack, certain kinds of strokes, or other diagnosed cardiovascular disease that puts them at high risk of additional problems.

“If somebody already has evidence of cardiovascular disease, there’s no question they should be on an aspirin unless they have some major bleeding issues or an allergy that prevents them from taking aspirin,” Dr. Bhatt says.

In a group of 10,000 such people, aspirin can prevent 250 cardiovascular events, like heart attacks, strokes, and sudden death. Meanwhile, 40 cases of serious bleeding will occur. The ratio of risk to benefit is roughly six people helped for every one harmed. That’s little consolation if you’re sent to the hospital with internal bleeding, but as a public health policy this risk equation is acceptable.

When aspirin is used to prevent cardiovascular disease, the scales tip more toward harm. For every 10,000 people taking low-dose aspirin, seven people will be helped—mostly by preventing heart attacks—to every four harmed. These numbers are averages, so the risk faced by an individual depends on his or her particular characteristics. The chance that aspirin will help rises with additional risk factors, like older age, being overweight, smoking, and having high cholesterol. The risk of bleeding also rises with age—but then so does the risk of heart attacks and strokes, and the potential benefit of taking aspirin.

A study in the June 6, 2012, Journal of the American Medical Association stoked the ongoing debate about low-dose aspirin for primary prevention. Researchers examined the health records of nearly 400,000 people in the Italian National Health Service. Twenty out of every 10,000 people experienced a major bleed—five times higher than the bleeding rate seen in previous clinical trials. Is this bad news for people taking aspirin?

Maybe—maybe not. Dr. Bhatt says that comparing the Italian results to previous clinical trials isn’t as simple as it seems. “The Italian study examined real-world patients, including some who were probably at much higher baseline risk of bleeding than the patients in the trials. So, that might explain why the bleeding was higher,” Dr. Bhatt says. “Also, what is missing is the degree of benefit of aspirin. Maybe that was higher too, but we don’t know.”

Because millions of Americans are now taking low-dose aspirin, even a small increase in the risk of major bleeding could affect a lot of people. But fundamentally, the Italian study told us what we already knew: “The balance between risk and benefit of aspirin for primary prevention is very narrow,” Dr. Bhatt says, “and in many people the bleeding risk may outweigh the potential benefits.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The risk of aspirin is slower clotting of the blood- which is how it helps prevent strokes. It was a problem for only 40 in ten thousand people taking aspirin daily.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-...n-safe-for-you

There is a risk of bleeding in the brain and stomach, so long term use can cause problems.

A study in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that aspirin’s blood-thinning properties can increase the risk of stomach or brain bleeding by 55 percent.
    http://www.menshealth.com/health/asp...r-heart-health

But the downside to this anti-clotting benefit, is that aspirin can also cause serious harm, the best known of these being the small but important increased risk of stomach irritation and bleeding.

And, ironically, while daily aspirin can help prevent a clot-related (ischemic) stroke, it may actually increase the risk of a bleeding (hemorrhagic) stroke.

Although aspirin's risk-reduction benefits are different between men and women (and among women, it also depends on age), the risk of bleeding with daily aspirin is about the same in both sexes.
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/243265.php

Safe, Natural Alternatives to Aspirin

Depending on the reason you take aspirin, you can find safe alternatives. However, it’s vital that you first consult with your health care practitioner to be sure that none of the other medications you may be taking will interact in an adverse way with the all natural therapies.

Anti-inflammatory Diet

An anti-inflammatory diet is the one of the best ways to reduce unhealthy, painful inflammation in the body. When you follow a diet based on eating lots of fish, nuts, fruits, vegetables, beans, and healthy oils like olive and coconut oils you’ll not only reduce inflammation in the body, but this can also lead to a reduced risk of heart disease.

Ginger

Adding this little root to your daily diet can really help to not just fight nausea but also ward off inflammation. Ginger has been a common staple in Asian, Indian, and Arabic healing therapies to treat inflammation associated with arthritis and ulcerative colitis for years. You can take ginger in it’s whole form, capsule form, or as a tea.

Turmeric

Turmeric, also known as curcumin, is a common ingredient in many dishes. This spice also has been used for thousands of years to fight inflammation. Add a bit to your eggs, soup, salad dressings, pasta sauces and more. This spice not only reduces inflammation but aides in digestion. Add a bit of cayenne pepper to help your body make the most of the turmeric.

MSM

This compound with the official name methyl sulfonyl methane combats inflammation with sulfur. Found naturally in cow’s milk, fruits and veggies, as well as meat and seafood, MSM works by adding sulfur to the body which in turn strengthens vital collagen. MSM is available in tablets, capsules, and creams for topical application.

Bromelain

One of the most commonly sold German supplements, this enzyme found in pineapples is often used to treat inflammation in conditions such as arthritis. It is sold in tablet form and also at the grocery store as a meat tenderizer.

Wobenzym N

This is a commonly used over-the-counter all natural supplement effective in treating inflammation and related conditions. This powerful combination of plant enzymes, antioxidants, and pancreatic enzymes encourages and supports the body’s own inflammation response. If you are taking or thinking about taking aspirin on a regular basis I hope you’ve now thought again. The side effects of regular aspirin consumption far outweigh the benefits. Consider any one of these all natural therapies after consulting with your health care practitioner to avoid possible drug interactions. It’s your life, your body, and your choice. Make it an informed one!
    http://draxe.com/an-aspirin-a-day-ca...arm-than-good/

As noted, the risks of such complications are small. I know you only like to emphasize potential bad effects. You ignored another part of your link:

In those studies, Professor Peter Rothwell of Oxford University in the UK, a world expert on aspirin, and colleagues, confirm that for people in middle age, a daily dose of aspirin can cut the risk of developing several cancers, with effects starting after only two to three years rather than the ten or so previously thought.

Moreover, they propose that treatment with daily aspirin may also prevent an existing, localized cancer from spreading to other parts of the body, which Rothwell says is just as important to know about, since that's when cancer becomes deadly.
    It also notes:
    Nevertheless, the balance of the pros and cons may alter in the light of their evidence, because not only does low dose aspirin therapy appear to increase the pros, it may also reduce the cons, in that the researchers found the risk of internal bleeding reduced with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    As noted, the risks of such complications are small. I know you only like to emphasize potential bad effects. You ignored another part of your link:

It also notes:
    I know you like to dismiss the side effects, altogether. One-size does not fit all--each individual must pay attention to these things. Aspirin is harsh on the stomach and intestines and people who have ulcers (or do not know they have ulcers) can run into some serious problems from long term use of aspirin.

Baby Aspirin Caused a Catastrophic Collapse
    http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2016/...phic-collapse/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everything has side effects- even air. The question is how common are such side effects and are they really worth worrying about. One anecdotal report is not proof of a common side effect. How often does that occur? They report only the one case. If the risk of something is one in a million and a product causes a 25% increase in that risk- the risk is now 1.25 in a million. It sounds like a lot- but is it? The same link also reports:

Aspirin has also been found to have anti-cancer activity. One study of 60,000 women found that regular aspirin users were 21 percent less likely to develop melanoma (Cancer, online Mar. 11, 2013). Men could benefit, too: The Physicians’ Health Study found that men who took aspirin three times a week were about 25 percent less likely to be diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer and 39 percent less likely to die from it
    If a person is at risk for bleeding, then yes, they probably should be careful about taking aspirin. For most people, benefits far outweigh possible risks. And in one of my previous links, the risk of bleeding decreases over time you are taking aspirin.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-21-2016 at 07:54 PM.

Safe, Natural Alternatives to Aspirin

Depending on the reason you take aspirin, you can find safe alternatives. However, it’s vital that you first consult with your health care practitioner to be sure that none of the other medications you may be taking will interact in an adverse way with the all natural therapies.

Anti-inflammatory Diet

Ginger

Turmeric

MSM

Bromelain

Wobenzym N
    One thing that I notice all of these have in common is that they're allopathic.

One thing that I notice all of these have in common is that they're allopathic.
    Really then why do you suppose the allopathic doctors push the prescription blood thinners, more?

Really then why do you suppose the allopathic doctors push the prescription blood thinners, more?
    Not all do. Dr. Axe, whose website you got that from, IS an allopathic doctor.

At any rate, it's a simple fact that all those remedies are allopathic, by definition.

Not all do. Dr. Axe, whose website you got that from, IS an allopathic doctor.

At any rate, it's a simple fact that all those remedies are allopathic, by definition.
    About Dr. Axe

Dr. Josh Axe, DNM, DC, CNS is a certified doctor of natural medicine, doctor of chiropractic and clinical nutritionist with a passion to help people get healthy by using food as medicine. In 2008 he started Exodus Health Center, which grew to become one of the largest functional medicine clinics in the world.
    http://draxe.com/about-dr-josh-axe/

Those remedies are holistic, by the way.
    Last edited by donnay; 05-21-2016 at 08:31 PM.

http://draxe.com/about-dr-josh-axe/

Those remedies are holistic, by the way.
    And notice what is not mentioned on that list: homeopathy. So, like I said, he's an allopathic doctor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast