Thread: Trump calls Warren ‘Pocahontas’ during NYT interview

Trump calls Warren ‘Pocahontas’ during NYT interview

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/poli...M2H/story.html

The feud between Donald Trump and Elizabeth Warren is surfacing yet again.

In an interview with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd, the presumptive GOP nominee called Warren “Pocahontas” when asked about their ongoing public rancor.

Dowd wrote that when she “asked if he had been chided by any Republicans for his Twitter feud with Elizabeth Warren, he replied, ‘You mean Pocahontas?’”

Trump’s insult focused on her unsubstantiated claims of Native American ancestry.

It’s the latest in the war of words between the real estate mogul and the US senator from Massachusetts, which seemed to kick off in March when Warren called Trump “a loser” on Facebook. The two recently went at it on May 6, and then picked up where they left off on May 11.

On Twitter, Trump called Warren a “flunky” and debuted a new nickname for her: “Goofy Elizabeth Warren.” During the digital debate, Warren called Trump “a bully” who “spews insults and lies.” He called her a “fraud” who is “weak and ineffective” and “not Native American.”

The digital clash seems to benefit both politicians: Trump tosses red meat to his base by going after a politician that many on the right love to hate. And Warren raises her national profile as an able 2016 surrogate able to hold her own against the top Republican.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Funny.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Uniting with liberty ideas! It's trumpalicious! It's trumpa-sexy!

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

I dont like Trump, but that is funny right there.

Clearly a uniter, not a divider.

And making it so obvious he wants to win more than he wants to piss people off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Clearly a uniter, not a divider.

And making it so obvious he wants to win more than he wants to piss people off.
    Unite against the idiot sheeple! (And the crowd goes wild!)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But what is Warren's native name? Maybe it is Pocahontas...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    But what is Warren's native name? Maybe it is Pocahontas...
    Warren is about as Native American as John Smith was. I'm actually surprised that she was able to take advantage of some affirmative action loophole to get her position based on a 1/32nd claim, because my mother is 1/4 Lakota Sioux and she couldn't get a scholarship when she applied unless she actually lived on a reservation. Maybe the laws are different in New York/Pennsylvania vs. Massachusetts?

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Warren is about as Native American as John Smith was. I'm actually surprised that she was able to take advantage of some affirmative action loophole to get her position based on a 1/32nd claim, because my mother is 1/4 Lakota Sioux and she couldn't get a scholarship when she applied unless she actually lived on a reservation. Maybe the laws are different in New York/Pennsylvania vs. Massachusetts?
    Well, you know, the tribal governments actually have standards. Unlike Washington, D.C, where all you have to do is self-identify and you get to go be creepy in the ladies' room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Elizabeth Warren's Senate Challenger sends her a 23andMe DNA kit for her birthday. Ha! Ha!

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

It's odd how some attempted to turn this around and claim that Trump is Anti-Native American. Pocahontas was not a slur against Indians. It was a satirical remark pointing out the ridiculousness of her claim. The same people crying "racism" would be the same to call Ivanka Trump a privileged white woman if she had tried to get the same $350,000, 1 class teaching gig while claiming to be a NA.

I'm no fan of Warren's but I do know that looks can be deceiving. I have a strong Cherokee & Lumbee ancestry but look pretty much like my avatar. It IS possible that she has enough Cherokee heritage to be legally considered part Indian. If true, it would certainly help her to make it public.

Also, my friend, who is Tungva Indian, had his DNA done and it came back with him being about 95% Ainu. Blew his mind.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LMAO
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

https://twitter.com/sarahedolan/stat...60468020596736