Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grocery, convenience stores can't sell cold beer, appeals court says

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Do it for the children Tod.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    How ignorant and thoughtless of me..........
    Screw the children
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Sober up, THEN go drive.
    Did your parents drop you on your head when you were a baby?

freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Do it for the children. If just one underage person is prevented from drinking cold beer it will be worth it. Never mind that ID is required at both locations.

I remember being a clearly drunk 10 year old stumbling up to the beer booth at Octoberfest and slurring something like "my Dad would like two more beers please", and purchasing said beers with noone even batting an eye. Thank God I didn't grow up in Indiana, or Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    well now beer drinkers will have time to think about getting drunk while the beer cools.

You know, when you are really desperate, you can put ice in it.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    I remember being a clearly drunk 10 year old stumbling up to the beer booth at Octoberfest and slurring something like "my Dad would like two more beers please", and purchasing said beers with noone even batting an eye. Thank God I didn't grow up in Indiana, or Kansas.
    My Granny used to send me to the "Lemonade Stand" after I got old enough to drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Do it for the children. If just one underage person is prevented from drinking cold beer it will be worth it. Never mind that ID is required at both locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I hope they also require an ID when you buy ice and coolers....just to be extra safe.
    Sometimes I just love you guys.

No... Mr Animal... I didn't mean it like th...

NO CARRIER
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Well at least you weren't driving too
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Find a good lawyer, son. -Rep
    When your dad gets home, he'll whip your butt.
    \
    My Dad is buried in a military cemetery. You couldn't hold a candle to my mom bitch. She has more balls than you ever had.
    "The Patriarch"

\
    My Dad is buried in a military cemetery. You couldn't hold a candle to my mom bitch. She has more balls than you ever had.
    Oh, snap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My Granny used to send me to the "Lemonade Stand" after I got old enough to drive.

Well you see, my Dad wasn't even at the Oktoberfest!

You know, when you are really desperate, you can put ice in it.
    Or have a cooler full of ice already in the car.

Or have a cooler full of ice already in the car.
    Do they sell denatured alcohol, the cheap stuff ? Put your can of beer inside a sock or something that will absorb the alcohol, soak the sock or whatever you are using in denatured alcohol and let the wind evaporate it. Water will work too but something that evaporates faster will work faster... Anyways, when stuff evaporates it takes away heat from the environment, I'm sure @HVACTech could say it much more eloquently but essentially, your wet sock will cool your beer pretty quickly if you do not have any ice or other means of cooling available.

I'll just add that I've tried it and it works but a cooler full of ice is MUCH more convenient.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Do they sell denatured alcohol, the cheap stuff ? Put your can of beer inside a sock or something that will absorb the alcohol, soak the sock or whatever you are using in denatured alcohol and let the wind evaporate it. Water will work too but something that evaporates faster will work faster... Anyways, when stuff evaporates it takes away heat from the environment, I'm sure @HVACTech could say it much more eloquently but essentially, your wet sock will cool your beer pretty quickly if you do not have any ice or other means of cooling available.

I'll just add that I've tried it and it works but a cooler full of ice is MUCH more convenient.
    Especially if the ice is just left in the cooler in the 10 pound bags you buy it in.

Did/do the stores charge extra for the beer being already chilled?

Especially if the ice is just left in the cooler in the 10 pound bags you buy it in.

Did/do the stores charge extra for the beer being already chilled?
    They do here. I never buy chilled beer. I'd rather drink it luke-warm than pay extra. Well except when I'm in a restaurant or a bar or something. But I'm not going to pay more at the same establishment if it's cooled. Frozen vegetables are cheaper than fresh ones, how about that for logic.
    "I am a bird"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12