Thread: Bad driver denied gun permit in New Jersey

Bad driver denied gun permit in New Jersey

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey man who works for a private security company cannot get a permit to carry a handgun because of his driving record.

An appeals court on Thursday upheld a lower court that found allowing Rahman Idlett to carry a weapon was "against the interest of the public health, safety and welfare" even though Perth Amboy police said he could.

The judge found Idlett's license was suspended 15 times in the 15 years that he's been driving. He received 16 speeding tickets, two careless driving citations and other charges.

The judge found Idlett had "one of the worst driving records" the judge had ever seen.

Idlett represented himself and did not dispute his driving record or explain how the court had erred.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/bad-drive...336.html?nhp=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well the Constitution does say its fine to infringe the right to bear arms, if a judge thinks there its good reason for doing so.

Pretty sure that's what it says.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Shall not be infringed .

Think of the children..

New Jermany...next to impossible to get a CCW "permit" there.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Think of the children..
    Yes if the children (posterity)are lucky they will have gun privileges secured by the constitution.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

And there was much masturbating and other rejoicing throughout the land that evening.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Meh... I carried without one for almost 20 years.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Meh... I carried without one for almost 20 years.
    In Jersey???
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    In Jersey???
    And NYC, yes.

more to this than being too stupid to drive...

I doubt we're hearing the whole story. His driving record was mentioned, but was most likely just part of a long list of $#@!-ups. Previously, he worked at a prison and was incompetent at that too - he was suspended repeatedly. Gun permit aside, Rahman Idlett obviously lacks intelligence and has no business being a security guard! Many people seek work as security guards because they are too stupid to pass the tests to be an actual cop. These people are very often mentally impaired.

Rahman Idlett, Communications Operator Secured Facilities, East Jersey State Prison, Department of Corrections, three 15 working day suspensions, three removals effective October 20, 2010, October 29, 2010, and October 29, 2010, on charges of chronic or excessive absenteeism or lateness, unexcused lateness of 15 minutes or more, unsatisfactory attendance, and failure to follow call-off or call-on procedure and 30 working day suspension on charges of neglect of duty and sleeping on duty.
    http://www.state.nj.us/csc/about/mee...s/122111m.html
    The fact that it is being suggested that the Perth Amboy Police "said he could" doesn't say much. (and how was this determined? Is he a fired cop?) That police department has been taken over by social justice warriors and they may have based their decision on his foreign-sounding name… ya know - be PC, have "diversity".

NVM
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-04-2017 at 12:54 PM.

No it isn't, it is remarkably easy. You just have to be a law enforcement person, retired law enforcement person, judge, govt lawyer or politician.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    No it isn't, it is remarkably easy. You just have to be a law enforcement person, retired law enforcement person, judge, govt lawyer or politician.
    But of course, what the hell was I thinking?

But of course, what the hell was I thinking?
    I think he was being sarcastic?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

loveshiscountry

In Jersey???
    In Jersey anything's legal as long as you don't get caught

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    In Jersey anything's legal as long as you don't get caught
    You got bigger balls than me brother.

Exercise freedom at your own risk in New Jermany.

Even before this last year when Missouri became a constitutional carry state, Missouri had a pretty good ccw shall issue system. A friend of mine's son, who is about 30 or so now, applied for a ccw. The prick occupying the sheriff's office denied his application based on a little known ability for the sheriff to arbitrarily deny an applicant. My friend's son had a juvenile history of tom-foolery and stabbed an inflatible Stanta when he was in high school. He now owns a premier body shop in town and employs half a dozen people.

Doesn't matter now...........Constitutional Carry!

loveshiscountry

You got bigger balls than me brother.

Exercise freedom at your own risk in New Jermany.
    Maybe you're right. I guess I'll go to Florida and get myself some sun. There ain't no more opportunity in Jersey, everything's been done

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Maybe you're right. I guess I'll go to Florida and get myself some sun. There ain't no more opportunity in Jersey, everything's been done
    I never thought I would really leave NJ (for various reasons).

But the $#@!-ups in Trenton are making it almost impossible to stay.

loveshiscountry

I never thought I would really leave NJ (for various reasons).

But the $#@!-ups in Trenton are making it almost impossible to stay.
    Good for you. At least you know that you found freedom just across the Jersey Line. Easy as hopping into your car and taking Highway 99.

loveshiscountry

No more comments on this? It's all right, I guess this is the End of the Line.

The Consti... WHAT?