Thread: Wendy’s Serves Up Big Kiosk Expansion As Wage Hikes Hit Fast Food

Wendy’s Serves Up Big Kiosk Expansion As Wage Hikes Hit Fast Food

[Wendys] said that self-service ordering kiosks will be made available across its 6,000-plus restaurants in the second half of the year as minimum wage hikes and a tight labor market push up wages.
    It will be up to franchisees whether to deploy the labor-saving technology, but Wendy’s President Todd Penegor did note that some franchise locations have been raising prices to offset wage hikes.
    Rest of the article: http://www.investors.com/politics/po...st-food-group/
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Place is kind of pricey for fast food and its not that good, reminds me of Steak & Shake but worse . They probably have trouble filling jobs in my area . So I would expect to see a kiosk pronto.

Why is it that Chic-fil-A generates more revenue per store than any other fast food chain despite wage hikes and a tight labor market AND only having a six day work week?

Chick-fil-A is dominating fast food.

The company generates more revenue per restaurant than any other fast-food chain in the US, according to QSR magazine.
    Despite its relatively small size, Chick-fil-A also ranks highly in terms of its total sales.

The chain generated nearly $5.8 billion in revenue in 2014, making it the eighth-largest fast-food chain in the US, according to QSR.
    Beyond the food, which gets high ratings from customers, many analysts point to Chick-fil-A's exceptional service.

The chain consistently ranks first in restaurant customer-service surveys. In reviews, customers rave about the restaurants' cleanliness, quick, convenient service, and hardworking employees.

Highly regarded customer service is uncommon in fast food — an industry notorious for paying low wages.

But it appears that Chick-fil-A doesn't pay much more than the industry average. Chick-fil-A pays about $8.44 an hour, according to Glassdoor. The average hourly wage in the fast-food industry is $7.98, according to PayScale.

Chick-fil-A says its service is so consistent because it invests more than other companies in training its employees and helping them advance their careers — regardless of whether those careers are in fast food.

Franchisees are encouraged to ask their new hires what their career goals are and then to try to help them achieve those goals.
    For Kevin Moss, a Chick-fil-A manager of 20 years, supporting his team has meant funding an employee's marketing degree and paying for another worker to take photography classes.

Moss says he also tries to support his employees in times of need. For example, if an employee's family member is in the hospital, he will send food to the family and hospital staff.

"I've found people are more motivated and respond better when you care about them," Moss told Business Insider.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/why-c...cessful-2016-5

And then there is Sheetz....

Full-Time Hires Buck the Trend at Fast-Food, Retail Chains

Companies report better customer service, lower staff turnover—leading to higher profits

The orders came in fast during a recent Friday lunchtime rush at a Sheetz Inc. convenience store here. Behind the counter, Alexis Cooper layered tomatoes on two sandwiches, refilled a container of onions and swirled a peanut-butter milkshake.

Six weeks into her job at Sheetz, Ms. Cooper easily distinguishes the beep of the deep fryer from the boop of the convenience store’s order-taking system and knows to have a pepperoni roll ready for a regular who shows up around noon.

Ms. Cooper, 20 years old, is something of a rarity in the realm of fast-food and retail work: a full-time employee.

At a time when many chains are shifting workers to part-time, the Altoona, Pa.-based Sheetz is making a big bet on full-time hires, who now comprise 53% of the company’s 17,000-person workforce. Leaders at the convenience store-and-gas-station chain say having full-time workers behind the register results in better customer service, lower turnover and a more engaged workforce—all of which, executives say, will lead to higher sales and profits.
    https://populardemocracy.org/news-an...-retail-chains

They just opened two stores in my town. $#@! a kiosk.

I am not using a kiosk , but I do not use these places anyway .

more and more Kiosk technology everywhere. I've used it to pay for parking. One less meter maid on the dole. I see them at the doctors office to check in. Its already here and aint going away.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Dang. Imagine all of the nasty fingers and hands touching the kiosk all day long. It might get a casual wipe down with some windex or something once or twice a day if you're lucky. That thing will be passing germs/disease back and forth constantly.

I used to stop at McDonald's for a coffee years ago. I can't begin to count how many times I've been in there and some dolt comes in, takes a piss, and, then, just walks out to go order his fried tater stick and McEgg thing or whatever without washing his hands.

Thanks but I'll pass on the kiosks.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 05-12-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Dang. Imagine all of the nasty fingers and hands touching the kiosk all day long. It might get a casual wipe down with some windex or something once or twice a day if you're lucky. That thing will be passing germs/disease back and forth constantly.

I used to stop at McDonald's for a coffee years ago. I can't begin to count how many times I've been in there and some dolt comes in, takes a piss, and, then, just walks out to go order his fried tater stick and McEgg thing or whatever without washing his hands.

Ummm,

That was the guy fixing your food not another customer....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Ummm,

That was the guy fixing your food not another customer....

Heh. No, I just get the coffee. The lil brunette vixen there doing the coffee looked like she took care of herself. Plus my chances are slim. Much slimmer than using a kiosk that a few thousand different freaks are tinkering with in the course of any single given day.

But still, though, you're likely right in many cases. I remember when I was in High School, some kids said they used to play broom hockey with the frozen burger patties after close. They just put them back in the freezer. They did all sorts of dirty stuff. And on purpose, no less. They likely never washed their hands.

Then, again, with the kiosks you might get the hookers there in the city coming in after their night shift to punch in a number 3 meal. Gosh knows how many Johns they might have spanked off before the break. Sigh. Yuck. I don't even want to think about it.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 05-13-2016 at 01:53 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post

BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.