Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump resists calls to disclose his tax returns

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    This describes members of the Trump movement perfectly.

They and the SJWs are mirror images of one another.

It's just a different set of feelings which drive them.
    You sir, are no lover of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When asked about why he would not release his taxes, Trump said:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...of-tax-returns

Mitt Romney lost the presidential race in 2012 because of his tax returns.

"He waited 'til September to give 'em, just before the election. They made him look so bad. It was so unfair," Trump said of the GOP's 2012 presidential nominee on ABC's "This Week."

"I actually think he didn't lose because of the 47 percent [comments]. I think he lost because of a couple of really minor items in a tax return, where he did nothing wrong. ... It is unfair."

Trump, this year's GOP nominee, reiterated that he will release his tax returns after the Internal Revenue Service completes an audit, even though the agency has said he can make them public while an audit is underway.
    He doesn't want to take the risk of releasing his. It has nothing to do with the audits.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-24-2016 at 12:20 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Why aren't these people being banned for this garbage?

They are not going to be banned; however, you can exercise your neg rep function. Wouldn't take much for a scarlet letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Conflicting stories coming from the White House about his returns. http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...dviser-n710511

Donald Trump Will Not Release Tax Returns, White House Adviser Says

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Donald Trump, said Sunday that the president would not be releasing his tax returns, reversing months of repeated campaign-trail promises to do so after an audit is completed.

Conway's comments came in response to a Whitehouse.gov petition with more than 200,000 signatures calling on Trump to release his tax returns. Any petition on the site that receives 100,000 signatures in 30 days receives a response from the White House; this petition reached twice that in two days.

"The White House response is that he's not going to release his tax returns," Conway said in an interview on ABC's "This Week."

Trump broke with decades of precedent during the campaign by becoming the first major party nominee since the 1970s to refuse to release his tax returns. He repeatedly cited an ongoing IRS audit in refusing to do so but said he would eventually release them when the audit was completed.

But Trump and his allies have argued that his tax returns are irrelevant, a statement Conway made again on Sunday.

"We litigated this all through the election. People didn't care," she said.

"They voted for him, and let me make this very clear: Most Americans are very focused on what their tax returns will look like while President Trump is in office, not what his look like. And you know full well that President Trump and his family are complying with all the ethical rules, everything they need to do to step away from his businesses and be a full-time president."

Both of Conway's statements are false — multiple polls showed a majority of Americans believe Trump should release his tax returns, including an ABC News/Washington Post survey out last week that found three-fourths of Americans believe he should release them.

And a ProPublica investigation out Friday revealed that despite Trump's pledge to transfer control of his businesses to his children as part of an ethics agreement as president, he hasn't filed any of the necessary documents to do so in Florida, Delaware and New York.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/conwa...l-under-audit/

Conway Walks Back Statement on Trump Not Releasing Tax Returns: He’s Still Under Audit

Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway is backtracking on a statement which suggested that President Trump is never going to release his tax returns, even after his IRS audit is finished.

During a Sunday show appearance on ABC’s This Week, Conway was asked by George Stephanopoulos about whether the White House had a response to the “We The People” petition which demanded that Trump produce his tax information. Conway had this to say:

“The White House response is that he’s not going to release his tax returns. We litigated this all through the election. People didn’t care, they voted for him.”

As various media outlets took that to mean that Trump will never release his tax returns despite previous promises to do so, Conway took to Twitter on Monday to clarify:

Kellyanne Conway ✔ @KellyannePolls
    On taxes, answers (& repeated questions) are same from campaign: POTUS is under audit and will not release until that is completed. #nonews
    5:01 AM - 23 Jan 2017
    1,481 1,481 Retweets 7,158 7,158 likes
    He is always under audit so no, I do not expect him to release his taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

He is always under audit so no, I do not expect him to release his taxes.

You mean every year of the century he's under audit?

Dude, you're a poor substitute for an already bad original Zip.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    You mean every year of the century he's under audit?

Dude, you're a poor substitute for an already bad original Zip.
    Almost. Century started January, 2001.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/23/politi...o-city-policy/

Trump's tax returns have been audited by the IRS each year since 2002, the letter said, and Trump's tax returns between those years "have been closed administratively by agreement with the IRS without assessment or payment, on a net basis, of any deficiency," the lawyers stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Almost. Century started January, 2001.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/23/politi...o-city-policy/

That ain't always and people go after those with cash.

He has nothing to gain from releasing them, much like Obama had nothing to gain from releasing his college transcripts.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    CPUd and zippy are you two some kind of communists? I call anyone a communist who has a problem with someone who pays no taxes.
    Exactly. Make no mistake - a little part of my cries every time I hit "New Posts" and see Trump Trump Trump. But if Trump isn't paying taxes, then good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You should have a look at my tax filings for the last 6 yrs. I hereby grant the IRS to release them.
    Yep , they can have mine for 2017 and beyond as well .
    Do something Danke

Personally, I do not care about Trump's taxes- I am only interested in how he keeps his word.
    There is no spoon.

Have we seen his taxes yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12