Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reuters: Trump surges in support, statistically tied with Clinton in national U.S. poll

Reuters: Trump surges in support, statistically tied with Clinton in national U.S. poll

Donald Trump's support has surged and he is now running nearly even with Democrat Hillary Clinton among likely U.S. voters, a dramatic turnaround since he became the Republican party's presumptive presidential nominee, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Wednesday.

The results could signal a close fight between the two likely White House rivals as Americans make up their minds ahead of the Nov. 8 election to succeed Democratic President Barack Obama. As recently as last week, Clinton led Trump by around 13 points in the poll.

In the most recent survey, 41 percent of likely voters supported Clinton, the Democratic front-runner, and 40 percent backed Trump, with 19 percent not decided on either yet, according to the online poll of 1,289 people conducted from Friday to Tuesday. The poll had a credibility interval of about 3 percentage points.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN0Y21TN

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    with 19 percent not decided on either yet
    The propaganda is thick with this one.

Methodology: Do not ask if they're bound and determined never, ever to vote for either one of those clowns, so you can use the word "yet" with a straight face.

Ah, Reuters. Goebbels would be proud of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The propaganda is thick with this one.

Methodology: Do not ask if they're bound and determined never, ever to vote for either one of those clowns, so you can use the word "yet" with a straight face.

Ah, Reuters. Goebbels would be proud of you.
    Nice spot! So subtle yet so blatant

Everyone hates Clinton. Half of the Sanders votes from WV said they would take Trump over Clinton.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    Everyone hates Clinton. Half of the Sanders votes from WV said they would take Trump over Clinton.
    She went hard against coal last week in KY, which guarantees KY and WV will go R in the general election.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    She went hard against coal last week in KY, which guarantees KY and WV will go R in the general election.
    Yup. She sure sucks at life.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Reuters National Poll. Trump 40. Clinton 41.

Donald Trump's support has surged and he is now running nearly even with Democrat Hillary Clinton among likely U.S. voters, a dramatic turnaround since he became the Republican party's presumptive presidential nominee, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Wednesday.

The results could signal a close fight between the two likely White House rivals as Americans make up their minds ahead of the Nov. 8 election to succeed Democratic President Barack Obama. As recently as last week, Clinton led Trump by around 13 points in the poll.

In the most recent survey, 41 percent of likely voters supported Clinton, the Democratic front-runner, and 40 percent backed Trump, with 19 percent not decided on either yet, according to the online poll of 1,289 people conducted from Friday to Tuesday. The poll had a credibility interval of about 3 percentage points.
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...ampaign=buffer

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So CPU,, what does the November Electoral College Map look like?

http://www.270towin.com/polling-maps/bMcf

I'd probably give him KY though, after what Clinton did there last week.

Trump would need to win every swing state in the above map, plus FL, VA and PA:

Trump would need to win every swing state in the above map, plus FL, VA and PA:

It didn't take him long at all to overtake Hillary in the three swing States plus the other states are old data and probably underestimated given what he did in the primaries.

Neither Clinton or Trump are popular in Utah- should be interesting.........
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Neither Clinton or Trump are popular in Utah- should be interesting.........
    No one has been polled there for over a month. Kind of sounds like looking at "The Big Dipper".
    Last edited by dude58677; 05-11-2016 at 08:02 PM.

It's gonna be a bloody battle and I can't wait for the fun attack ads to start
    airing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU1xVaxMzEk

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    Just my 2 cents, but I believe it is the Bernie factor which will determine the outcome of the general election.

Just how many of his supporters will hold such a grudge against Hillary that they will cross over to Trump (for spite) or will stay at home come election day?

I believe that if we knew the answer to that question, we would know the outcome of the election.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Comes to Ohio , Penn and Fla I think .

Not just KY and WV, even though we elected a complete retard as our governor because of the whole Penn State scandal, PA is not going to go for somebody as maniacally opposed to any type of mining (including fracking) as Hilldog is. This is the reason why the polls are starting to show Trump polling even with Clinton here unlike a couple weeks ago.
    Last edited by hells_unicorn; 05-11-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    No one has been polled there for over a month. Kind of sounds like looking at "The Big Dipper".
    I think the Bern would be the choice- his politics are NOT the best to the average Utahan but he seems more honest than Trump or Hitlery
    There is no spoon.

The Hillary tank continues. If I were here I would make dead sure the truth doesn't come out so easy. This will be a layup for an attack ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=bB3QVQF7aOs

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Any map showing AZ voting for Hilary is not in touch with reality.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Any map showing AZ voting for Hilary is not in touch with reality.
    They would change it if a poll came out with him leading there.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I have lived in this state since 1979 and I am telling you that your polls and maps are garbage. You don't have to believe me, but the reality is that AZ will vote for Trump.

Maybe you can tell me the last time that AZ voted for a Democrat?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

It's a Big Dipper poll. The rest of the Electoral Map is like looking at the Big Dipper. Only the recent independent swing State polls and the recent independent national polls matter most.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have lived in this state since 1979 and I am telling you that your polls and maps are garbage. You don't have to believe me, but the reality is that AZ will vote for Trump.

I could say the same about Utah, It might have never voted D, but Trump makes that state a swing state, too.

Hillary's husband I believe.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Not just KY and WV, even though we elected a complete retard as our governor because of the whole Penn State scandal, PA is not going to go for somebody as maniacally opposed to any type of mining (including fracking) as Hilldog is. This is the reason why the polls are starting to show Trump polling even with Clinton here unlike a couple weeks ago.
    But Coal is only in the Western part of PA, would it really make a difference?
    Stop believing stupid things

Here the very bestest SOLUTION to stop Trump from winning:

If Clinton's Superdelegates all vote for Jeb Bush and he then runs as the
    Democratic opponent to Trump in November... And [breathless] and and with
    Hillary as his VP, they would just need to then trick Jeb into stepping down
    to achieve the desired outcome! That does not seem impossible to pull off.

The GOP voters would not know any better and vote for Jeb if they could find
    his name anywhere on the ballot. The Democratic voters could just be told
    to vote straight party and ignore any confusing names to keep social benefits
    coming their way.

No harm, no foul... but that sore loser rule would have to... no wait, that
    gets overturned at the beginning of the GOP convention and the voters
    will never figure that out because they were so stupid to vote for Trump
    in the first place. Trump would still be at the top of the GOP ballot and
    R/D voters would simply need to make the other choice. Problem solved.

... happily ever after. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    Just my 2 cents, but I believe it is the Bernie factor which will determine the outcome of the general election.

Just how many of his supporters will hold such a grudge against Hillary that they will cross over to Trump (for spite) or will stay at home come election day?

I believe that if we knew the answer to that question, we would know the outcome of the election.
    I, too, think the Bernie factor will decide this election. But I don't see any significant number of them voting for Trump. I believe that when they say they would vote for Trump before they vote for Clinton, they are saying they'd rather eat $#@! than vote for Clinton. But this does not mean they will vote for Trump, any more than it means they will eat $#@!.

So, the big question is, will the millions who generally vote Republican but hate and despise Trump hold their nose and get in line, or will they say, to hell with the RINO Party, and join in the rush to a third party? And will these disparate groups disagree to agree on a single third party, or will they take the neocons up on their kind offer to split these votes up among a couple of different independent parties?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I could say the same about Utah, It might have never voted D, but Trump makes that state a swing state, too.
    I can pretty much predict that they will not vote in Hitlery. The Bern, maybe.
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast