Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebekah Bydlak - We need this woman in Washington really bad

Rebekah Bydlak - We need this woman in Washington really bad

Module Voice Image
    Jack Hunter, Rare Editor | Posted on April 15, 2016 10:22 pm

“The most significant threat to our national security is our debt” – Adm. Mike Mullen, former Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman, 2012

Remember the tea party movement a few years ago? The protests? The rallies?

“Taxed enough already?” “Stop Spending!”

In 2010, a number of tea party Republicans took Washington by storm: Outsiders like Kentucky’s Rand Paul and Utah’s Mike Lee were elected to the U.S. Senate; Michigan’s Justin Amash, Idaho’s Raul Labrador, South Carolina’s Mick Mulvaney and others were elected to the House. Kentucky’s Thomas Massie and others would follow in 2012 and 2014.

Each quickly developed reputations as diehard fiscal hawks, hell-bent on shrinking government, cutting spending and putting Washington back in its constitutional box.

They even called themselves “constitutional conservatives” to signify that, yes, they were conservative, but more importantly…

It wasn’t just a campaign slogan: They meant it.

They even formed their own group, the House Freedom Caucus. Why? Because the existing groups weren’t serious enough.

These new leaders didn’t come to Washington to get some prestige and a comfy office.

They came to change how the system works.

In 2012, Jonathan Bydlak founded the Coalition to Reduce Spending. Said Jonathan at the time, “What makes us different than most is that there are few groups solely focused on the issue of spending. Many groups focus on a multitude of issues, but in the last few years spending has become THE issue that matters to Americans of all political stripes.”

He wasn’t kidding.

In 2010, when the tea party was in full swing, the national debt was $13 trillion.

Today it’s $19 trillion. That’s more than $58,000 for each man, woman and child living in the United States.

Constitutional conservatives need backup in Washington.

Badly.

Candidate for Florida’s 1st Congressional District Rebekah Bydlak and her husband Jonathan are friends of mine. Rebekah has also been a contributor at Rare Politics where I serve as editor.

These things have almost nothing to do with why I’m writing this column.

If I didn’t know Rebekah—frankly, if I even despised her—I’d still be writing this.

This isn’t about friendship or niceties in any way: Our monstrous debt really is the number one threat to America’s security and stability, as former Chiefs of Staff Mike Mullen said four years ago.

I really don’t have time for any politician who doesn’t get this.

I tend to get overly enthusiastic about anyone who does.

In her years working at the Coalition to Reduce Spending, Mrs. Bydlak learned how to determine who was and who wasn’t serious about addressing this problem.

“If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my work with the Coalition, it’s that we need more people with a track record of being serious about cutting spending,” Rebekah Bydlak told Rare.

“I have the knowledge and tenacity to cut wasteful spending, having fought big spenders in Washington, and I can’t wait to do so on behalf of my district,” she added.

Like the House Freedom Caucus, the purpose of her organization was to hold politicians’ feet to the fire when it comes to deficit and debt reduction.

Think about it: How many generations of Republicans have ran as “conservatives?”

How many decades has the debt continued to grow—even when Republicans are in power?

Mrs. Bydlak has also learned hands on, every day at her job, economically and politically, what it would actually take to take to reduce our debt.

Since her announcement on Tuesday, some have taken interest in the fact that Rebekah is 25. Some might think that’s too young.

They’re wrong.

This criticism is something I could take seriously if an entire slew of politicians much older than Mrs. Bydlak hadn’t gotten us to this dire point. It’s something I’d entertain if it wasn’t Rebekah’s generation who will be paying the heaviest price for a debt their supposedly responsible elders racked up with reckless abandon.

Not to mention, Bydlak would also only be just a few years younger than many members of Congress serving now—and still more serious and wise beyond her years than nearly all of them.

“The First District deserves innovative solutions, not just more of the same,” Bydlak told NorthEscambia.com. “A vibrant, 21st century economy that benefits all demands a federal government that abides by our Constitution.”

“Washington is broken,’ she added, ‘and I have the experience to be part of the solution.” Every child born today will face tens of thousands of dollars in debt they did not ring up, thanks to career politicians who have no interest in stopping business as usual.”

“I will fight for my generation’s right to be free from this burden,” Bydlak said.

That’s a fight that’s long overdue.

It’s not enough just to have a GOP Congress. It will take a certain kind of Republican to take on our greatest problems and threats.

There aren’t many.

Rebekah Bydlak is one of the very few.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

The most significant threat to our national security is our debt” – Adm. Mike Mullen, former Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman
    Ditto
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/730133113330794497

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/Rebekah_2016/sta...38067046686720

Are you signed up for updates on our website? Big news next week... stay tuned! http://www.rebekah2016.com/join #Rebekah2016 #fl1 #sayfie

https://twitter.com/Rebekah_2016/sta...07384369156096

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Topped 6 figures fundraising.

North Escambia Native Rebekah Bydlak Tops $100K Raised In Congressional Race

June 7, 2016

“Every day, I talk to people in Northwest Florida who are sick and tired of politics as usual,” Bydlak said, “Our early success is a clear sign that I offer these voters the outsider alternative they are looking for. We need a strong advocate who will cut spending, protect our veterans, and fight for individual liberty and getting the federal government out of our lives. I am that advocate.”
    Nicely strong quote there ^^^

Rare article below

This liberty-loving conservative could become the youngest member of Congress—and just showed she’s a force to be reckoned with

Jack Hunter
    June 7, 2016 10:42 am

Two months ago, I wrote: “Our monstrous debt really is the number one threat to America’s security and stability… I really don’t have time for any politician who doesn’t get this.”

Rebekah Johansen Bydlak is still the underdog, though it appears she’s now raised the most money (based on the available information as of this writing) other than one other candidate in her nearly 10-person race. That’s an uphill battle, but she’s off to a good start.
    I watched as section of the debate vid footage from the Rare article. Surprised to see multiple candidates with "End The Fed" tones...

Onward!
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Washington Examiner picked up on this story

One of the youngest House candidates had big fundraising haul

At a time when the GOP is facing controversies at the top of the ticket that are unlikely to endear it to younger voters, Rebekah Johansen Bydlak's six-figure haul is a rare bright spot.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Justin Amash endorsed her

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Her response to RLC's Endorsement,

"I am thrilled to be endorsed by the Republican Liberty Caucus. I have long admired the vital work the RLC does in identifying constitutional candidates at all levels, and I am honored to be included among this group. In Congress, RLC members can count on my strong and continued advocacy for the cause of individual liberty, constitutional governance, and economic freedom." said Mrs. Johansen-Bydlak.
    http://rlc.org/blog/we-endorse-rebekah-johansen-bydlak

~ C.Coolidge

Rebekah Bydlak: Right out of the gate, she was the only one who identified the national debt as conservatives’ great white whale that requires harpooning. She’s smart. She’s polished. And she’s a scary-good public speaker for someone in her 20’s. ... If Gaetz is a LeBron-Curry hybrid, Bydlak is a first-round draft pick for Florida Republicans. If she doesn’t win this race, someone needs to get her elected for something else. Anything else. County Commission. State Legislature. Mayor. Whatever. Want to improve politics? Bydlak is a prototype for the sort of young, smart and informed human beings that the country is going to need more of if we’re going to avoid repeating the fate of the Roman Empire.
    http://www.pnj.com/story/opinion/201...-hug/86386594/

~ C.Coolidge

Her husband was a fundraiser on the 2007-08 Ron Paul campaign.

excellent! The panhandle is popular among us Georgians.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Ron Paul offically endorsed her today.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Meet the 25-year-old female congressional candidate who's just been endorsed by Ron Paul

By RED ALERT POLITICS
    7/1/16 3:11 PM

Rebekah Johansen Bydlak is on track to become the youngest female congresswoman in United States history. The conservative millennial is running for an open seat in Florida's 1st Congressional District and has already gained the support of constitutional conservatives like Rep. Justin Amash. Now she's earned the endorsement of the original liberty congressman, Ron Paul.

"I am pleased to endorse Rebekah Bydlak for Congress," Ron Paul said in a statement on Tuesday. "Rebekah's commitment to and experience in advancing the principles of liberty show that she is the type of leader the GOP, Florida and the country need."

The candidate, who some are calling the future of the Republican Party, has a background as the director of outreach for the Coalition to Reduce Spending, working with elected officials, federal candidates and members of the public to help people understand our government's spending problem — something that has racked up $19 trillion in debt.

read more:
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/me...rticle/2595469

I had no idea she was running till today. $100 donation thanks Rebekah

Endorsed by Morton Blackwell, as well...

Latest fundraising email:

When we launched our renegade campaign just a few short months ago, I knew I had a lot to prove.

Any first-time outsider candidate facing off against the establishment will have skeptics. But time and again throughout this race, I've been proud to prove what can be done with support from people like you.

We are on the brink of a historic campaign – here’s why we will win this race.

It began with strong early fundraising -- six figures in six weeks!

I stood out on the debate stage, earning praise across the district, with the Pensacola News Journal declaring me a "first-round draft pick for Florida Republicans."

Then came prominent endorsements from small-government standard-bearers who trust in me enough to buy in and go on the record -- most recently, conservative hero Morton Blackwell, who called me "truly outstanding" and "a brilliant, principled, energetic constitutional advocate."

And just a few days ago, quarterly filings proved what we have known for some time: This field is a two-person race, and I am the only candidate with the means and ability to beat the establishment.

I raised over $140,000 in the campaign's first quarter, and have over $90,000 cash on hand. As local media noted , it appears there are "only two candidates with enough primary cash on hand to fully fund their campaigns to the August 30 GOP primary."

I'm not wasting money on pricey consultants or flashy campaign gimmicks. We're putting every dollar to good use and running a fiscally conservative campaign that will absolutely dominate on the ground. My burn rate is the lowest in the field. And thousands of voters are being contacted every single day.

I need you to come on board with the campaign and help us put the final pieces in place. Will you support the campaign with $100, $250, or more today?

The establishment doesn't like when a political outsider, someone who will not be more of the same “go along to get along” representation, offers an alternative to business as usual. Many would avoid such a tough fight, or retreat until told otherwise.

But the cause of liberty, fiscal conservatism, and honorable government is too important to listen to the naysayers.

And I've never been one to back down.

Help me keep fighting.
    #Onward

~ C.Coolidge

Dare we hope for another Brat style upset?

Quite well written editorial, imo...

My name is Rebekah Johansen Bydlak, and I am running for Congress.

If elected, I will be the youngest woman to ever serve.

I am a member of the Uber and Lyft generation, of Facebook and Twitter and new technologies that change the way we work and live our lives.

We’re creative. We’re hardworking. And we’re focused on outcomes and solutions, not just following the status quo. Which is why we’re also going to be today’s problem-solvers for tomorrow’s generations.

If one thing is clear, it’s that the American people won’t be accepting business as usual in 2016.

They’re frustrated, and rightfully so.

Not only are we faced with historic debt, but for decades the American people have had to live their lives with government failures that have created this massive liability. Regulations have gone rogue, health care is too expensive, people are punished for their deeply-held beliefs by an administration that thinks it knows better, and we have an unprecedented threat of terror attacks on our home soil.

It’s time to say enough is enough.

I have had the privilege of calling Northwest Florida home for most of my life. I grew up here. The community is my family, my friends, and my neighbors.

Which is why I am so motivated to make a difference on their behalf.

On behalf of the veterans who sacrificed everything to defend us, only to be treated like a burden by the VA.

On behalf of the families who are trying to make ends meet with stagnant wages and widespread unemployment.

And on behalf of the young Americans who are saddled with debt and are left to grapple with the consequences from the actions of generations before them.

Their stories are diverse. The solutions need to be, too.

I am committed to this cause.

My career has been spent tackling government’s spending addiction, serving as the Director of Outreach for the Coalition to Reduce Spending, which is the only national organization dedicated to reducing spending and debt. Every day I fight to defend hard-working taxpayers from the special interests, and will continue to do so in Congress.

My organization was placed on the notorious IRS Enemies List, and I intend to remain an enemy of the IRS and every big government agency that threatens the livelihoods and freedoms of my fellow Americans.

The residents of Northwest Florida, and regions all across this country, aren’t being heard by Washington. Their voices are being drowned out by bureaucrats in cubicles in D.C.

This is not how our government was intended to function. Government must serve the people, not the other way around.

It is up to us, the outsiders, the American people, to take back our government from the career politicians, the bureaucrats, and the yes-men. We must stand together and say, “No more!” No more $19 trillion debt, no more tax-and-spend policies, no more scandals, no more executive overreach, and no more disregarding the Constitution of the United States of America.

I want to be your partner in this effort, which is why I want to be your next Congresswoman.
    https://donate.rebekah2016.com/

~ C.Coolidge

Donated!! Let's do this!
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Why did Rep. Justin Amash spend his entire weekend trying to get this woman elected?

Rep. Justin Amash is a Republican congressman for Michigan’s third congressional district and a founding member of the House Freedom Caucus who’s become a hero to many grassroots conservatives and libertarians. He spent the weekend campaigning with for Republican candidate Rebekah Bydlak, who’s running for an open seat in Florida’s first congressional district. Rep. Amash and Bydlak sat down with Rare’s Kurt Wallace to discuss why the congressman has gone out of his way to support her candidacy.

https://soundcloud.com/jack-w-hunter...rebekah-bydlak

http://rare.us/story/why-did-rep-jus...woman-elected/

"The Patriarch"

She got a nice write up in the National review.

In Florida’s First District, a Millennial Republican Hopes to Shake Up Congress

As Republicans attempt to appeal to young Americans and females, why not try this? Send a Millennial woman to Congress. Rebekah Johansen Bydlak fits that demographic bill — and more. As a passionate activist for limited government, she would become a leading voice for fiscal conservatism on Capitol Hill. But first, she must win Tuesday’s primary in Florida’s first congressional district, in and around Pensacola. “There is a $19-trillion problem in this country, and without dedicated political outsiders across America stepping up to take on a stale political class, my generation and every one that follows will be left picking up the pieces,” Bydlak says from her home in Cantonment, Fla. “I’m running for Congress to be part of the solution, and I can’t wait to be the youngest-ever female member and make history by actually taking on spending and debt for the next generation.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...blican-primary
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Unfortunately she will not win tomorrow.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Unfortunately she will not win tomorrow.
    Has she taken the leadership course, and is she microtargeting?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Has she taken the leadership course, and is she microtargeting?
    From what I can tell, I think so.... but she has two things going against her: 1- she is running in the wrong race, and 2- the guy who will probably win has raised close to 7 times as much money.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast