Thread: NYC Bans Bartenders from Denying Booze to Preggos

NYC Bans Bartenders from Denying Booze to Preggos

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...regnant-women/

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio testifies during a state Senate Education Committee hearing on extending mayoral control of city schools in Albany, N.Y., on May 4, 2016. (Associated Press) **FILE** more >

By Bradford Richardson - The Washington Times - Monday, May 9, 2016
    New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s Human Rights Commission released Friday new guidelines forcing bartenders in the city to serve pregnant mothers alcohol.
    The guidelines say discriminatory “stereotypes” about what is in the best interest of the health of the “fetus” are impermissible by law.
    “Judgments and stereotypes about how pregnant individuals should behave, their physical capabilities and what is or is not healthy for a fetus are pervasive in our society and cannot be used as a pretext for unlawful discriminatory decisions in employment, housing, and public accommodations,” the guidelines state.
    The new guidelines were issued to clarify the New York City Human Rights Law, which bars discrimination “on the basis of pregnancy or perceived pregnancy,” according to the guidelines.
    The guidelines provide examples of actions that constitute discrimination toward the pregnant, one of which is “a restaurant policy that prohibits staff from serving pregnant individuals raw fish or alcohol.”
    Another example says bouncers cannot deny “a pregnant individual entrance to a bar based on the belief that pregnant individuals should not be going to bars and/or drinking alcohol.”
    The U.S. surgeon general and numerous major medical associations advise expectant mothers not to drink alcohol.
    Separate New York City regulations require bars to post warnings about the potential of consuming alcohol while pregnant to cause birth defects.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But they don't want to sell you a 32 ounce soft drink. Thank goodness the courts saw that one differently.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Why wouldn't nanny-state okay booze for babes?

It's perfectly acceptable to kill or drug them in-utero...

This is all part-n-parcel of "reproductive rights"........

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    But they don't want to sell you a 32 ounce soft drink.
    Thank goodness the courts saw that one differently.
    Babies born with fetal alcohol syndrome?
    no health impacts here folks - move along

Money talks so babies can't.

State sponsored child abuse, nothing new.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

I am unconcerned with the law . I can tell you I am not denying a pregnant lady anything .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-10-2016 at 05:44 PM.

So the government will force bartenders to serve pregnant women booze, which has proved negative health consequences.

But blow a puff of smoldering plant matter smoke at them.

APOCALYPSE!!!

Just when I thought things could not possibly get more $#@!ed up and bass ackwards.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Why wouldn't nanny-state okay booze for babes?

It's perfectly acceptable to kill or drug them in-utero...

This is all part-n-parcel of "reproductive rights"........
    This. If a mother has the unrestricted right to kill her unborn at any time prior to when he/she escapse the prison of her womb, then why doesn't the mom have the right to kill a few brain sells?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I want to kick New York in the teeth right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I want to kick New York in the teeth right now.
    No hope for it .

Welcome to 2016, where endangering lives is ok as long as the government approves.

I SWAG NYC just must not have enough fetal alcohol syndrome disability cases yet.

According to the news reports I saw, the two examples were of pregnant women being denied entrance to venues that served alcohol. Bouncers would not let them in. It had nothing to do with bartenders serving anyone.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I don't care what the reason is - this whole idea that government can tell people who they have to do business with is extremely dangerous.

In order for a free market to operate, both sides of the transaction need to have the ability to refuse for whatever reason. If you are going to force people into transactions then liberty is gone. Who knows what they'll do next? They might even think they have the power to force consumers into buying things they don't even want! Like insurance?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It's
    For
    The
    Children?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    pregnant women booze, which has proved negative health consequences.
    I'm sure the science makes it look that way but if the government says its fine then it's probably OK.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    all good, small price to pay for ROOOOOOADS
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am unconcerned with the law . I can tell you I am not denying a pregnant lady anything .
    nor should you be FORCED to serve them.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    According to the news reports I saw, the two examples were of pregnant women being denied entrance to venues that served alcohol. Bouncers would not let them in. It had nothing to do with bartenders serving anyone.
    they should be able to be denied for any reason the establishment owner wants.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    nor should you be FORCED to serve them.
    I would consider them bad for business .

Holy double negative.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Babies born with fetal alcohol syndrome?
    fetal alcohol syndrome,, is not caused by mom having a drink or two.

It is from alcohol poisoning,, habitual and excessive consumption.

and as usual a warning about excessive consumption has become prohibition.

it's New York
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

A great example of the confusion of ideas and the waffling of ideologies. It is certainly okay for a bartender to refuse anyone service, there is no right to alcohol from my bar. This guideline prohibits that reason to be your personal estimation whether someone is pregnant or not. As much as women should know it's not a good idea to drink while pregnant, we can't or shouldn't be the ones to tell her no for that reason... (if it bothers you that much, refuse service for another non-discriminatory reason, this isn't mechanical engineering). I can never wrap my head around these types of arguments... it seems very clear to me.

The title of this stupid thread should be: New Guidelines in the City of New York Ban(or Bar) the Refusal of Service Based on Perceived Pregnancy Status of Women.

Followed by my personal commentary: Confused Redhats living in areas of the country with less of a population than my local gas station bathroom slam their keyboards most aggressively while chortling and muttering "Authoritarianism!" and "Tyranny!" -- perpetuated by that evil city that most certainly did not bore them their beloved Trump.

Perhaps booze is a major contributing factor in how some of those preggoes got in that situation in the first place.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.