Thread: Donald Trump is going to troll his way to victory

Donald Trump is going to troll his way to victory

http://nypost.com/2016/05/08/donald-...ay-to-victory/

May 8, 2016

In internet parlance, a troll is a malevolent mischief-maker, a commenter who says something politically incorrect, then sits back and enjoys the resulting furor — sometimes even fanning the flames under multiple contradictory identities.

In politics, the master troll is Donald Trump.

During the recent GOP nominating process, he gave the media the vapors by criticizing John McCain’s war record, and promising to ban all Muslims from the US and build a giant fence across the Mexican border. Each time, bien-pensant society (largely consisting of leftist politicians and fellow-traveling journalists) assured their increasingly nervous followers that this time the troll had gone too far, that Trump was finished.

Instead, he only got stronger. Why? The public was tired of politics as usual, sick of polite society. In the internet age, they loved the troll.

Last week, The Donald set off another tempest in a piñata when he posted a Cinco de Mayo tweet of himself sitting at his desk about to dine on a taco bowl from the Trump Grill. What really frosted his critics was his line: “I love Hispanics!”

It was classic Trump, being simultaneously innocuous (what was he going to say — “I hate Hispanics”?); funny (is he serious?); and sure to get plenty of attention. Once again, there was the master troll, on every news show and political website in the country. “Dumb and condescending and racist,” groused Gawker.

Meanwhile, his fans just laugh and sit back to await the next outrage. Trump has disrupted the conventional wisdom of politics, where every speech is focus-grouped into blandness. Some think he says whatever pops into his head, but it’s more likely that he often makes statements just to be mischievous, in order to discomfit and disrupt his enemies.

Whatever he says doesn’t have to be particularly consistent, it just has to get the goats of the right people, to keep everyone focused on him, not on Hillary Clinton. Heck, even Hillary isn’t focused on Hillary.

What does this mean for his chances of being elected?

Well, the people who hate Trump aren’t going to stop if he no longer says outrageous things. The people who love Trump aren’t going to stop backing him. Those who haven’t made up their minds will, I suspect, not take everything Trump says seriously. But they may be amused, especially when compared to Hillary Clinton’s scandals. Setting up your email server to hide your correspondence from the public while the Romanians hack into it sounds a bit worse than tucking into a taco bowl.

The only worry Trump should have is if he fails to follow through on his promises. If his fans find out he’s trolling them, it really will end him.

Politics today, as Trump understands, is largely a narrative-driven reality show with good guys and bad guys.

His campaign is a gamble that the good guys — the scorned white working class, economically struggling inner-city blacks to whom President Obama and the Democrats have consistently given the back of their hand, patriotic Americans in general — vastly outnumber the bad guys moving jobs overseas, racking up debt, allowing immigrants to flood in unchecked.

And if you don’t believe that, just ask Obama, whose juvenile foreign-policy guru, Ben Rhodes, recently confessed that the White House shamelessly manipulated its own useful idiots of the press and others (“the Blob,” he called it) in order to foist its disgraceful Iran deal upon a trusting but duped public.

But I suspect the liberal politician attitude toward “shaping narratives” will be a typical one — it’s only right when we do it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He is playing the media and half the people on this site like a fiddle.. He has people here posting bull$#@! MSM pieces making themselves look ridiculous when the real issues with Trump are:

Constitutional (1st, 4th)

Consistency on anti-war positions

Can he be trusted? Is he really anti-establishment?

Instead we get BS stuff like the guy he hired to raise money for the RNC (who cares?), posts saying he wants to raise taxes on the wealthy when it appears he actually wants to reduce them significantly, he wants to raise minimum wage like Bernie Sanders, and that's just from today..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

dannno, it should be obvious by now that stright answers will not be forthcoming.

What else is there to go on besides what evidence is available? Those who are too impatient to sift through evidence will never prove anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Ron is wrong...
    Amash is wrong...

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Can he be trusted? Is he really anti-establishment?

...posts saying he wants to raise taxes on the wealthy when it appears he actually wants to reduce them significantly, he wants to raise minimum wage like Bernie Sanders, and that's just from today..
    It is his back pedaling and "all over the map" statements on that exact subject that leads me to say no, he can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It is his back pedaling and "all over the map" statements on that exact subject that leads me to say no, he can't.
    Absolutely not, or probably not? Maybe he is saying this stuff just to get elected?

I won't support him on a "probably" but I might sit back and root for a "probably not" over a "definitely not".
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Absolutely not, or probably not? Maybe he is saying this stuff just to get elected?

I won't support him on a "probably" but I might sit back and root for a "probably not" over a "definitely not".
    Pretty damn close, 99%, to "absolutely".

Like I said in the other thread, I've had a lifetime to watch him in the news over the years and read his books and editorials and so on.

Instances like this, as an example:

As it turns out, all five of the teenagers accused were innocent.

The cops had beaten confessions out of them.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...-case-new-york
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-09-2016 at 06:03 PM.

^^ the puzzling thing about that- most death penalty states will sentence cop killers to death already. So for non death penalty states, he's going to mandate it as well via executive order.
    Last edited by CPUd; 05-09-2016 at 06:05 PM.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who keeps eating my popcorn?

I need more popcorn already and it's not even November yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    ^^ the puzzling thing about that- most death penalty states will sentence cop killers to death already. So for non death penalty states, he's going to mandate it as well via executive order.
    And we all know that nobody that gets convicted of a capital crime is ever ever wrongly convicted.

Well , how exactly is he going to troll his way to winning some Dem states that have been Dem locks since Johnson ? Because that is what it will take to Troll to Victory .

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Isn't that, like, the very definition of cuckolding for liberals?

Actually, I'm pretty sure what that is is true colors shining through.

Ron is wrong...
    Amash is wrong...

In politics, the master troll is Donald Trump.
    I've been saying exactly this in my conversations about this whole POTUS circus since the Donald became a successful media whore. His trolldom is SO obvious to me that I don't know why it hasn't been a joke in popular media and in casual conversation everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I've been saying exactly this in my conversations about this whole POTUS circus since the Donald became a successful media whore. His trolldom is SO obvious to me that I don't know why it hasn't been a joke in popular media and in casual conversation everywhere.
    Because it isn't just trolling. It's reality TV too. Scripted reality television not disguised as an election, nor about an election, but in lieu of an election.

huggyboy, I know you're an anarchist, but don't you want to join in just to $#@! up Hillary's script? Don't you want to screw this WWE Wrestlemania match up, and then dare the referee to call it the way they told him to call it? Don't you ancaps want to wreak a little performance art havoc on this charade?

I don't know about you, but I say the core members of this forum are a match for any trollery on the face of the Earth.

Do you know where the Republican Party came from? It grew out of nothing when the Whig Party started acting just about like the GOP does today.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-09-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    Ron is wrong...
    Amash is wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Because it isn't just trolling. It's reality TV too. Scripted reality television not disguised as an election, nor about an election, but in lieu of an election.

huggyboy, I know you're an anarchist, but don't you want to join in just to $#@! up Hillary's script? Don't you want to screw this WWE Wrestlemania match up, and then dare the referee to call it the way they told him to call it? Don't you ancaps want to wreak a little performance art havoc on this charade?

I don't know about you, but I say the core members of this forum are a match for any trollery on the face of the Earth.

Do you know where the Republican Party came from? It grew out of nothing when the Whig Party started acting just about like the GOP does today.
    Most certainly! That's why I hopped on the Vermin Supreme bandwagon! He's truly the sanest, most relevant, and most entertaining of the bunch. At this point, the whole mess of politics is so depressingly absurd and pointless, we may as well at least have some fun, eh?
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Most certainly! That's why I hopped on the Vermin Supreme bandwagon! He's truly the sanest, most relevant, and most entertaining of the bunch. At this point, the whole mess of politics is so depressingly absurd and pointless, we may as well at least have some fun, eh?
    Old news.

Besides, all he can do is lampoon them. There is a possibility this time around for the LP to make them sweat. That could make them much more entertaining than Mr. Supreme.

You know the powers that be always get kind of crazy when we make them sweat. Even made Nixon hilarious, and before he got desperte, he was funny as a crutch.
    Ron is wrong...
    Amash is wrong...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Old news.

Besides, all he can do is lampoon them. There is a possibility this time around for the LP to make them sweat. That could make them much more entertaining than Mr. Supreme.

You know the powers that be always get kind of crazy when we make them sweat. Even made Nixon hilarious, and before he got desperte, he was funny as a crutch.
    I highly doubt it, but would be impressed if it panned out that way. It would mean they didn't rig the election quite right.

I highly doubt it, but would be impressed if it panned out that way. It would mean they didn't rig the election quite right.
    Or that someone (present company not excepted) jacked up their plan.

Which could lead them to do some last minute serious rigging. Which, in turn, increases the odds of them getting caught at it.

Could get really interesting, if we put some real effort into it.
    Ron is wrong...
    Amash is wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

As it turns out, all five of the teenagers accused were innocent.

The cops had beaten confessions out of them.

Not exactly.

Trump made no specifics and basically implied the ultimate perp, should be hung.

Trump has railed against trade & law & order while others have waffled on trade & the death penalty.

Where's this BS from SCOTUS that teenagers can't be put in prison for life sentences or that the death penalty for teenagers is wrong. Complete BS and i dont see Reason Magazine or others calling it out, instead attacking Trump.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    Not exactly.

Trump made no specifics and basically implied the ultimate perp, should be hung.

Trump has railed against trade & law & order while others have waffled on trade & the death penalty.

Where's this BS from SCOTUS that teenagers can't be put in prison for life sentences or that the death penalty for teenagers is wrong. Complete BS and i dont see Reason Magazine or others calling it out, instead attacking Trump.
    Did you read it? Trump was calling for the death of these "angry young men" before they had even had a trial.
    There is no spoon.

The article was BS from NY Times or similar. These people jumped on people's heads called them Crackers and got 5 years and 50 million in a big lawsuit. They deserved time served for the assaults they did.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    The article was BS from NY Times or similar. These people jumped on people's heads called them Crackers and got 5 years and 50 million in a big lawsuit. They deserved time served for the assaults they did.
    These boys were INNOCENT.

From the Guardian:

‘He’s still the same person’

In 2002, after Salaam had served seven years in prison, Matias Reyes, a violent serial rapist and murderer already serving life inside, came forward and confessed to the Central Park rape. He stated that he had acted by himself. A re-examination of DNA evidence proved it was his semen alone found on Meili’s body, and just before Christmas that year, the convictions against each member of the Central Park Five were vacated by New York’s supreme court.

By this point, Trump had gotten his wish: the death penalty had been reinstated in New York since 1995, at great cost to the state. It was subsequently abolished in 2007, without a single execution carried out.

Following a 14-year court battle, the Central Park Five settled a civil case with the city for $41m in 2014. But far from offering an apology for his conduct in 1989, Trump was furious.

In an opinion piece for the New York Daily News, he described the case as the “heist of the century”.

“Settling doesn’t mean innocence, but it indicates incompetence on several levels,” Trump wrote, alluding to how police and prosecutors initially involved in the case have long maintained the five boys were involved in the rape, even after the convictions were thrown out.

D’Antonio, the biographer, met with Trump shortly after the settlement was announced. The billionaire was once again considering a shot at the presidency and would, this time, actually run.

Trump was asked if he worried that his publicly confrontational style would affect his political prospects. He retorted instantly with a reference to the Central Park Five.

“I think it will help me,” he said. “I think people are tired of politically correct. I just attacked the Central Park Five settlement. Who’s going to do that?”

The biographer was shocked by what he heard. “His insensitivity and inability to adjust to reality is sometimes shocking,” D’Antonio said of Trump. “But I don’t think that he is necessarily interested in reality as others experience it or as it’s determined by the courts.

“There have been few cases of injustice that are as clear and profound as this one is, but he’s not able to consider that.”
    There is no spoon.