Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump: U.S. can never default because it prints money

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    They call him God-Emperor on his reddit channel
    And Obama supporters called him Messiah.

Now it's eight years later. Guess what they call him now.

By the time Trump gets through printing money, you won't be able to afford a loaf of bread. You'll be calling Trump a lot worse then. Or you would be, if it weren't for the fact that Trump is obviously running to lose--and will obviously succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I am embarrassed for his supporters. This is just sad.
    Other than Ron Paul, there really aren't any respectable people to vote for. This is the dilemma of living in the USA, it is always voting for the least evil instead of an honorable person of integrity and knowledge.

In this current election cycle have the voters had anyone that wasn't embarrassing to support, other than Rand?

It is a damn shame that Rand never got the traction that I expected and hoped for.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    ... In this current election cycle have the voters had anyone that wasn't embarrassing to support, other
    than Rand? It is a damn shame that Rand never got the traction that I expected and hoped for.
    1000%

So, a vote for the Wizard of Oz is the result.
    Who knows, it might even buy us some time...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Is this guy insane?!
    Probably. But within the context of his debate points, he talked about how other nations devalue their currency and create problems for us. Reframing the discussion that way is a veiled threat to nations holding the note is that he plans to fight fire with fire. They will be repaid, but with US dollars that are worth nothing.

Convoluted thinking, for sure.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    LOL. Are you serious or trolling?
    Why can't it be both?

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Probably. But within the context of his debate points, he talked about how other nations devalue their currency and create problems for us. Reframing the discussion that way is a veiled threat to nations holding the note is that he plans to fight fire with fire. They will be repaid, but with US dollars that are worth nothing.

Convoluted thinking, for sure.
    Oh, it's actually very simple.

A weak dollar is good for corporations, because it allows us to export more. And it's bad for us, because it automatically gives us all a cut in pay every day that we don't get a raise.

And since Trump has never made any secret of thinking like a businessman, or of screwing his employees, you can't even call him out on it. He is basically promising to screw us, but his fans refuse to believe him.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    .... the debt is gone, no problem. Which, of course,
    really is no problem at all. If you're Trump ...
    Please reconsider this whole "debt talk" issue. Is this about "fully controlling" inflation?

The US Treasury "prints" the money. (The smoke and mirror aether tells them to do it.)

It's not Trump who set up this system of perpetual debt, but he sure does know how
    to play it from the outside. Can he run it from the inside and/or make it any better?

What debt do they keep talking about paying off or paying down?

That money (currency) was printed up, used up and poof - it's already
    long gone. Happened last year, every year or decades ago, it's all gone!

Lot's went for bombs, cars from Japan, and stuff from China and home lawn care.

It does not go into default or get paid back. It just grows larger and larger on paper!

How is the mainstream explanation valid? Who had those trillions of dollars stashed away
    to borrow from (and/or loan out) in the first place?

Why worry about paying anyone back WHEN THE USA PRINTS THE MONEY?

Any bonds, loans or interest "promised" still must be funded with some source in the
    current year's budget. Problem is the same; the taxes, fees and tariffs collected from
    this (and future) year's budgets fall WAY too short of the required amount. EACH YEAR,
    the budget always comes up SHORT even though it even fudges a bit by counting income
    tax money collected from government employees who are being paid with the printed
    money trickling in from the prior year's deficit budget, ...and so on.

It's neat how major banks can fail and then, poof QE, poof everything is OK and paid off.
    It all runs on smoke and mirrors. By law, we have to use this money/currency.

Only kicking the can, (keeping the printing press) more out-of-thin-air funny-money can
    keep this beast alive. Of course there is inflation that cannot be completely resisted. Only
    the official reports and speaking points read by the MSM along with some price controls can
    apparently keep inflation somewhat in check. The trick is not to expose/fiddle with it too much.

It would cause shock waves, but the income taxes could be eliminated and replaced by more
    BS printed money and the debt could be paid off by tacking on the entire amount to one year's
    budget deficit since the printing press was already running anyhow. It's possible by printing more
    money, but could the resulting inflation be kept in check? Maybe a wizard could adjust the ratios
    and BS like Bill Clinton did when he found a big gob of hidden money just sitting around, and made
    everyone happy ...for a while. Trump might be able to pull that same kind of "magic" trick again
    by negotiating better deals for America. I'd buy it (solve budget problems, restore near-full
    employment, keep taxes low and hold back inflation, etc.) if he could do it convincingly just like
    WJC did.

What am I missing? (Be nice to me 'cause I took my idiot pill this morning.
    It's a placebo tab 1000; the placebo tab 500's were just not strong enough
    and I must have started to worry about thinking, again. I think I don't care now.)

At what point do the principles of sound money give way to debating relative
    adjustments made to strengthen the dollar via more government manipulations.

I think we are so screwed in the long run...

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Did Justin Amash really just use the $#@! icon in his tweet? lol
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is right in theory and in practice. The hyperinflation doomsdayers have been perpetually wrong forever. And they will continue to be wrong.

The debt is not a problem. Servicing the debt is not the problem. Spending is the problem. The reason to cut spending isn't because of some inflationary holocaust where people turn into cannibals and are fighting each other in the streets. The reason to cut spending is because government is inefficient and slows growth. The bigger problem than the debt is that it is almost impossible to default or wreck a currency in a market based economy so people like Trump will use it as a reason why spending more is okay which reduces long term innovation and productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I am embarrassed for his supporters. This is just sad.
    I think it's amusing. The sound bite, short attention span campaign model is perhaps at its apex. Trump is no worse than any other general election candidate. It makes perfect sense that a reality TV person would have a decided edge over his primary competitors. I suspect we have underrated its potential for the general election. We are about to find out.
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-09-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And Obama supporters called him Messiah.

Now it's eight years later. Guess what they call him now.

By the time Trump gets through printing money, you won't be able to afford a loaf of bread. You'll be calling Trump a lot worse then. Or you would be, if it weren't for the fact that Trump is obviously running to lose--and will obviously succeed.

many Obama supporters still worship him.........sad
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

ZOMG! TeH Donald will bring on hyperinflation and the U.S. will be Zimbabwe under his rule! I guess all you survivalist will finally get your chance to be at the top of the food chain. TRUMP '16!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Please reconsider this whole "debt talk" issue. Is this about "fully controlling" inflation?

The US Treasury "prints" the money. (The smoke and mirror aether tells them to do it.)

It's not Trump who set up this system of perpetual debt, but he sure does know how
    to play it from the outside. Can he run it from the inside and/or make it any better?

What debt do they keep talking about paying off or paying down?

That money (currency) was printed up, used up and poof - it's already
    long gone. Happened last year, every year or decades ago, it's all gone!

Lot's went for bombs, cars from Japan, and stuff from China and home lawn care.

It does not go into default or get paid back. It just grows larger and larger on paper!

How is the mainstream explanation valid? Who had those trillions of dollars stashed away
    to borrow from (and/or loan out) in the first place?

Why worry about paying anyone back WHEN THE USA PRINTS THE MONEY?

Any bonds, loans or interest "promised" still must be funded with some source in the
    current year's budget. Problem is the same; the taxes, fees and tariffs collected from
    this (and future) year's budgets fall WAY too short of the required amount. EACH YEAR,
    the budget always comes up SHORT even though it even fudges a bit by counting income
    tax money collected from government employees who are being paid with the printed
    money trickling in from the prior year's deficit budget, ...and so on.

It's neat how major banks can fail and then, poof QE, poof everything is OK and paid off.
    It all runs on smoke and mirrors. By law, we have to use this money/currency.

Only kicking the can, (keeping the printing press) more out-of-thin-air funny-money can
    keep this beast alive. Of course there is inflation that cannot be completely resisted. Only
    the official reports and speaking points read by the MSM along with some price controls can
    apparently keep inflation somewhat in check. The trick is not to expose/fiddle with it too much.

It would cause shock waves, but the income taxes could be eliminated and replaced by more
    BS printed money and the debt could be paid off by tacking on the entire amount to one year's
    budget deficit since the printing press was already running anyhow. It's possible by printing more
    money, but could the resulting inflation be kept in check? Maybe a wizard could adjust the ratios
    and BS like Bill Clinton did when he found a big gob of hidden money just sitting around, and made
    everyone happy ...for a while. Trump might be able to pull that same kind of "magic" trick again
    by negotiating better deals for America. I'd buy it (solve budget problems, restore near-full
    employment, keep taxes low and hold back inflation, etc.) if he could do it convincingly just like
    WJC did.

What am I missing? (Be nice to me 'cause I took my idiot pill this morning.
    It's a placebo tab 1000; the placebo tab 500's were just not strong enough
    and I must have started to worry about thinking, again. I think I don't care now.)
    Good post. I'm not certain that it makes much difference whether debt owners accept a reduced return now vs. a larger return later on a higher risk bond. It seems that either scenario will reduce investor confidence. And move us closer to the currency crisis. It seems that either scenario would beckon higher stated rates of return, which will presumably spiral to absurdity at the onset of the currency crisis and presumably quickly lurch into a collapsed debt market and non use of U.S. dollars or other currencies heavily invested in U.S. dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    ZOMG! TeH Donald will bring on hyperinflation and the U.S. will be Zimbabwe under his rule! I guess all you survivalist will finally get your chance to be at the top of the food chain. TRUMP '16!
    I think a currency crisis sooner is better than later. I don't want a reformation left to the whims of a fully advanced police state apparatus.

Trump can't tell the Fed to print more money. He can try but they are independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump can't tell the Fed to print more money. He can try but they are independent.
    Somebody needs to send him an e mail , probably need to CC Clinton & Bernie too .

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    ...i heard some goddamned fool conservative republican on the radio claiming, 'trump wants to print money to pay off the debt'..

...this display of ignorance is very typical among supporters of these miserable republican and democrat dullards..

(hint for any fool supporting any stinking republicrat: "THE GOVERNMENT" DOESN'T PRINT/CREATE MONEY TO PAY 'DEBT'...IT (gov.) ISSUES TREASURY BONDS WHICH PRIVATE COMMERCIAL BANKERS ACQUIRE WITH 'MONEY' (deposit creation) THEY CREATE...NOT THE GOVERNMENT, MONEY DUMMIES!!

(i know a couple of 10 year olds who under$tand the REALITY better than MANY MANY MANY (vitually all) monetary ignoramus republicrats!!

...sorry for 'yelling'...but sheesh!...
    Who are you listening to on the radio ?

You're a cuckservative SJW minority loving, border hating globalist! Trump Trump Trump, Trump Trump Trump Trump.

Its funny though, how many so called 'conservatives' are not just willing, but eager to jettison all their principles just because they like the 'balls' of this guy.
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Probably Mark Levin whose getting Cruz Super PAC money and whose son worked on the Cruz campaign. Either that or that clown Glenn Beck, who is obviously not a credible source of information.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The Bureau of Engraving and Printing, a U.S. Department of the Treasury prints our money, not the Federal Reserve dummy.

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/uscurrency.html
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Yes cleaner4Dd, BINGO (but please don't call others names - or did you mean the FED dummies?).

Fed does not print money - they only "loan it", independently, from their vast
    Aether reserves. Independent applies if it means cabal. They are appointed
    and approved by the USG before they are hired. I'm not sure how they get paid...

Trump probably doubts if they even expected it to be "paid back". If they do,
    well there may be a small problem, a glitch unless they can wait a few minutes
    so we can "borrow" even more money from them and immediately use it to pay
    this new interest payment loan down (up!) 'till the end of time because the total
    amount owed just keeps rising. Forever. It's never been a problem 'cause our
    credit is as good as gold with them. Don't worry, now fuhgettaboutit!

Congress "orders it" by responding to requests, orders and "needs". It
    usually comes garnished with extra bacon, wrapped in bacon with even
    more crumbled bacon that sprinkled on top. Some of that fat is used to
    grease the revolving corporate door that we sometimes hear about.

Senate and POTUS might play too, IDK about Senate, but the POTUS
    needs to sign off on the whole "deal" lol Some Trump haggling may occur!

Then the US Treasury buys some ink and paper and only prints up
    what has been requested, without spilling a drop. Electronic money
    is a "bit" easier and costs a lot less to produce with a couple clicks
    of the mouse. (I'm just guessing, but I bet they spend a lot of time
    double-checking account numbers before birthing hundreds of billions
    of bouncing new baby bucks where millions fly out every minute...)

It's all pretty slick! Taxpayers are not required and need not apply.
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 05-09-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Its funny though, how many so called 'conservatives' are not just willing, but eager to jettison all their principles just because they like the 'balls' of this guy.
    I understand the temptation... but I also know history.... I am in no way saying that Trump is Hitler, but Hitler said a lot of great things about restoring Germany before he became the dictator. He appealed to a lot of people.

Just because a politician hits all or at least some of the right notes, doesn't mean they are going to be good, even if they are replacing some previously elected morons.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I understand the temptation... but I also know history.... I am in no way saying that Trump is Hitler, but Hitler said a lot of great things about restoring Germany before he became the dictator. He appealed to a lot of people.

Just because a politician hits all or at least some of the right notes, doesn't mean they are going to be good, even if they are replacing some previously elected morons.
    Make that especially if they are replacing some previously elected morons.

'The thing about revolutions is--in fact, they're like most wars in this respect--is nobody knows what they are fighting for.'--Will Rogers

The American Revolution was very unique in that respect, IMO. Like the exception that proves the rule.

Exactly. Americans have been exposed to about 20 years of
    "single leader" conditioning and now conditions are about "ripe".

Is it me, or is the whole world now following the same script?
    The EU is a few years ahead of this,
    ...in this pursuit towards doom.

A benevolent dictator can seem/be great, for a while...

Then suddenly, or delayed four, eight or twelve years
    later BOOM HITLER TYRANT. Not kidding. No Liberty.

The USA certainly has the police state at the ready now.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    semantics

...pray tell...is it 'semantics' to point out to a bunch of LOUD, CONFIDENT, (despite their miserable ignorance) brainwashed republicrat monetary ignoramuses who 'think' 'the government prints the money' that in REALITY (a place foreign to the gd fool republicrats) OUR MONEY IS CREATED/DESTROYED/LARGELY CONTROLLED (EXTREMELY SECRET-SQUIRRELISHLY) BY PRIVATE COMMERCIAL BANKSTERS!! (strangely, i never hear any loud ludwiggers condemn this...maybe because they 'believe' that largely-secret, private control over the public's money is a good/smart thing?) ...(psssst...i think they're gd fools)

...pray tell...is it 'semantics' when i point out the twisted ignorance of the MANY MANY MANY (virtually all, ime) republicrats who 'believe' they 'know' that THE "FEDERAL" "RESERVE" is both 'federal' and that there are honest 'reserves'?....

...btw, it's all 'semantics'...you, me, jesus the christ, etc. ad nauseam, everyone everywhere always.....words mean different things to different people based on individual experiences, chemistry, etc. ad nauseam...and unlike the many gd fools who demand adherence to dogma(crap), it seems to me differing viewpoints ought to be celebrated as the beautiful variety 'spice of life'...but no, we have republicrats instead...

...and i understand, 'the truth will never be expressed in words'...but c'mon republicrats...all of you...we can do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than thi$...it seems to me, there is hardly one person in 'the public eye' worth a sh!t when it comes to under$tanding and $olving root problem$... (of course the banksters make sure of thi$)
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 05-10-2016 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    The Bureau of Engraving and Printing, a U.S. Department of the Treasury prints our money, not the Federal Reserve dummy.

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/uscurrency.html
    ( i believe you'll find that 'the federal reserve' uses the bonds it gets for nothing as collateral to 'secure an issue of federal reserve notes/the little green rectangles)

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    (please don't make me reveal my shame)

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Maybe Justin should get back to kissing up to the guy he endorsed. Good 'ol Ted "Trans Pacific Partnership/North American Union" Cruz.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast