Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malware Removal

Maybe dll hijack on the 32 bit. Hard to tell without having in front of you. Maybe re-register it if so. Not sure.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    One of his IE instances from that screenshot is the 64-bit IE, so it should have a different file path. Kinda curious the *32 ones are using hella memory compared to the other one.

The (x86) in the path leads to the 32-bit program versions. The other path to program files leads to 64-bit versions.
    The *32 ones have a check mark by the "UAV virtualization" and the non *32 file doesn't, does that mean anything?

- ML

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    check each instance; make sure all of the internet explorers in your task manager all point back to that location
    The Internet Explorer without the *32 leads to this location:
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer

The Internet Explorer with the *32 leads to this location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer

- ML

nothing there then... sometimes a malware will spoof a copy of IE or chrome and it will trace back to a different directory

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    The *32 ones have a check mark by the "UAV virtualization" and the non *32 file doesn't, does that mean anything?

- ML
    If unchecked/disabled, it means certain file/registry locations only have write access by administrator, if turned on, it gives other accounts permission to write to "virtual" space like it were the real registry.
    Last edited by CPUd; 05-12-2016 at 06:03 PM.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Curious which browser are you using? I'd recommend either Firefox or Chrome and install the Adblock Plus addon or uBlock Origin (I prefer this one). It'll block those pesky ads, especially on unknown websites that you may not trust 100%. You can always turn it off although I'd still be careful. Also make sure to keep Flash updated, check at least once a week. Oh and if you don't use Java I'd uninstall it (again personal preference).

Other advice given is good as well.

Uninstall Java. Its virusbait. I use Firefox and noscript. Look free operating systems: http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=slackware

Slackware 14.2 is coming out soon!

Important question? Do you safe compute? Do you have an administrator account (to add/remove programs) and a user account which to surf the web. If you do not use a user account then that means all the bad things go straight into your system like herpies and HIV.
    Last edited by Rad; 05-18-2016 at 05:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12