Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump On Ron Paul

Donald Trump On Ron Paul

But but but but but but but.... [insert excuse such as but not limited to: Trump is smart and says different things to earn votes and isn't an insider politician]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That sums it up really. Bu bu bu Trump is going to be a non-interventionist!!!

I believe the excuse the Trump supporters were using most for spamming up this forum was, Trump is destroying the GOP and I want to watch the GOP burn!

Fine. The Unelectable One is nominated. The message has been sent to the world that the GOP is at the mercy of the most reactionary five percent of the American population, and they won't allow anyone to win the GOP nomination unless and until they offend enough people first to render themselves unable to win the general election. Therefore the GOP is obviously useless. It is set afire. It is destroyed. There is nothing left to do on this front but watch it burn.

Why would we try to slow down that fire by wasting our votes on this loser? He has done his job; if ever people take the Republican Party seriously again, it will be a long time coming. Now. We have other projects. Trump has done his job and we can move on to more important matters--like replacing the GOP with something useful before Democrats pass "regulations" banning all political parties except the Democratic Party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Who has been arguing that Trump is a non-interventionist? This has been common knowledge for a long time, the people who jumped ship to support Trump during the primary did not have foreign policy as a top priority, and I was hammering Trump for this stuff a year ago and nobody supporting Trump at the time gave a rat's coolie about having peace in the Mid-East, the only thing they cared about was having less American lives lost, nothing more.

P.S. - This disclaimer is to once again state that I'm not supporting Trump and will not vote for him, as there are some folks here that are a bit slow on the uptake.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Great! It's burning! What comes next?
    Replace it with something that actually works.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

I have no idea what kind of president Trump would be except a chaotic leader.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    But but but but but but but.... [insert excuse such as but not limited to: Trump is smart and says different things to earn votes and isn't an insider politician]
    Thx! good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Who has been arguing that Trump is a non-interventionist? This has been common knowledge for a long time, the people who jumped ship to support Trump during the primary did not have foreign policy as a top priority, and I was hammering Trump for this stuff a year ago and nobody supporting Trump at the time gave a rat's coolie about having peace in the Mid-East, the only thing they cared about was having less American lives lost, nothing more.

P.S. - This disclaimer is to once again state that I'm not supporting Trump and will not vote for him, as there are some folks here that are a bit slow on the uptake.
    Foreign policy is the main reason I have seen people give for why libertarians should support Trump.

reactionary five percent of the American population

That small % can't hurt the GOP or America, even if they all run around screaming
    while completely naked, wearing only body-paint and backpack nukes.

If Trump only gets 5% of the final vote in the general election, what's the big deal then?

Looking at all % trends since he announced that he will run, his total % might be higher...

Lew Rockwell and company has to some extent.

That argument was made ad nauseum here, I guess you simply missed it.
    "The Patriarch"

If these are his current views, this news need to be spread widely so any Ron Paul ideological supporters do not wrongly jump to assumption that Trump=Ron Paul.

Who is behind this widening perception that Trump foreign policy would be closer to Ron Paul's than neocons'/SWCs Obama/Bush's?

Have neocons been tricked by Trumpster and in turn tricking everyone else? This is confusing.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/statu...75219889737730

Ben Shapiro Verified account ‏@benshapiro

Ron Paul foreign policy + Sanders trade policy + Obama entitlement policy + Giuliani social policy + alt-right pandering = Trumpism

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post

That small % can't hurt the GOP or America, even if they all run around screaming
    while completely naked, wearing only body-paint and backpack nukes.

If Trump only gets 5% of the final vote in the general election, what's the big deal then?

Looking at all % trends since he announced that he will run, his total % might be higher...
    The reason it's a big deal when he gets five percent in the general election is because, if the GOP had not been gerrymandered by the inclusion of about a hundred candidates and the incessant coverage the least electable of these got in the media, the GOP might actually have pitted someone worthwhile against Clinton.

And that would have been a good thing, because that bitch sucks.

That said, I'm not complaining. I am, in fact, happy the powers that be gave the LP the best chance to win it has ever had. I'm just ready for this distracting noise to go away so we can get down to work and get the word out that there's still a sane alternative, even after that dog-and-pony show.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Who is behind this widening perception that Trump foreign policy would be closer to Ron Paul's than neocons'/SWCs Obama/Bush's?
    It seems to me that Trump and/or his campaign staff are the main culprits for propagating this lie.
    Last edited by erowe1; 05-07-2016 at 06:13 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul is a "Libertarian purist," "SJW," "Hillary aiding and abetting," "cuck." Why should we listen to him?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ron Paul is a "Libertarian purist," "SJW," "Hillary aiding and abetting," "cuck." Why should we listen to him?
    Because every adjective you just quoted contradicts every other adjective you just quoted?

'When the newspapers knock a man a lot, there's bound to be a lot of good in him.'--Will Rogers And that goes double whoever internet trolls pick on.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Because we're Ron Paul worshipping shills.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Because we're Ron Paul worshipping shills.
    You're getting paid for this?

Why you selfish son of a buck, why didn't you let me in on this?!

"Let them fight each other and pick up the remnants."
    http://www.voanews.com/content/foreign-policy-dominates-republican-debate/2967368.html

“stop paying to defend countries that can afford to defend themselves.”
    “Pulling back from Europe would save this country millions of dollars annually. The cost of stationing NATO troops in Europe is enormous.”
    http://www.newsweek.com/when-it-comes-foreign-policy-trumps-best-bad-bunch-366806

"We went from mistakes in Iraq to Egypt to Libya, to President Obama’s line in the sand in Syria. Each of these actions have helped to throw the region into chaos, and gave ISIS the space it needs to grow and prosper."
    "Our foreign policy is a complete and total disaster. No vision, no purpose, no direction, no strategy."
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-foreign-policy-speech

If you're wondering why people think Trump's foreign policy is somewhat better than Hillary and Obama and Bernie, above are examples why. I'm sure you can come up with statements that you would also disagree with, but there are many quotes like the above. If you want to honestly understand his positions without putting blinders on, you would have to take everything into account. Saying he's the same as the others isn't true. Bernie is sorta peaceful but takes every chance he can to turn it into Israel ass kissing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Raven View Post
    "Let them fight each other and pick up the remnants."
    http://www.voanews.com/content/foreign-policy-dominates-republican-debate/2967368.html

“stop paying to defend countries that can afford to defend themselves.”
    “Pulling back from Europe would save this country millions of dollars annually. The cost of stationing NATO troops in Europe is enormous.”
    http://www.newsweek.com/when-it-comes-foreign-policy-trumps-best-bad-bunch-366806

"We went from mistakes in Iraq to Egypt to Libya, to President Obama’s line in the sand in Syria. Each of these actions have helped to throw the region into chaos, and gave ISIS the space it needs to grow and prosper."
    "Our foreign policy is a complete and total disaster. No vision, no purpose, no direction, no strategy."
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-foreign-policy-speech

If you're wondering why people think Trump's foreign policy is somewhat better than Hillary and Obama and Bernie, above are examples why. I'm sure you can come up with statements that you would also disagree with, but there are many quotes like the above. If you want to honestly understand his positions without putting blinders on, you would have to take everything into account. Saying he's the same as the others isn't true. Bernie is sorta peaceful but takes every chance he can to turn it into Israel ass kissing.
    How on earth can you take anything he says seriously when he holds opposing viewpoints often in the same breath? I mean if I were to look into what Trump said to try to find some agreement in any number of issues I likely could, but where has he put his money?
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    How on earth can you take anything he says seriously when he holds opposing viewpoints often in the same breath? I mean if I were to look into what Trump said to try to find some agreement in any number of issues I likely could, but where has he put his money?
    Can you give an example?

I've never bought into the flip flopping criticism of anyone. The wise people I know are willing to change their minds when they hear a good argument. Of course, idiots can change their minds a lot too. People who never seem to change their minds tend to be more closed minded, or in the case of politicians, learn what to think by towing the party line. In order to flip flop, you have to not only flip, but flop. As in twice, in a short period of time. At least that's how I see it. Every few years I change how I see lots of things. I don't expect politicians to be magical beings who don't need to do that.
    Last edited by Mad Raven; 05-07-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Can you give an example?

I've never bought into the flip flopping criticism of anyone. The wise people I know are willing to change their minds when they hear a good argument. Of course, idiots can change their minds a lot too. People who never seem to change their minds tend to be more closed minded, or in the case of politicians, learn what to think by towing the party line. In order to flip flop, you have to not only flip, but flop. As in twice, in a short period of time. At least that's how I see it. Every few years I change how I see lots of things. I don't expect politicians to be magical beings who don't need to do that.

Is this fast enough?

Donald Trump took 5 different positions on abortion in 3 days
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is a good example of Trump's "foreign policy" prowess:

Baier: Campaigning in Iowa, you said, quote, "I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me." You obviously know a lot about leadership. But based on – on this, what – what's your assessment of the leader of ISIS, his strengths, his weaknesses, you know.

Trump: Well, they've had numerous leaders and they don't – you don't even – we don't even really know who the leader is. They have different people in different areas. What does amaze me is that they have a leader and that we can't get them. I mean, it's unbelievable. But you have more than one leader of ISIS and they're expanding and they're spreading. And now they've taken over the oil in Libya – which is really pure, great oil – among the best in the world. And they're sending it out on ships and we're doing nothing to blockade it. And we're doing nothing. Now, he may be a great leader, but it just seems to be every time we take out one of their leaders, you know, there's no difference.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Trump wants to tickle and waterboard foreign nationals. That is very popular.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Here is a good example of Trump's "foreign policy" prowess:

WTF did he just say?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    WTF did he just say?

He has the best words

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Uh... Every single one of those quotes by him says he's pro-life. If you're going to count the one where he got tripped up or thinks the laws aren't going to change anytime soon, then that's pretty desperate.

Is this the best example? On a meaningless hot-button issue like abortion, no less? I mean if that's the best example, I think you're convincing me that he's a lot more consistent than I thought. I assumed before that he did change his stances a lot and I never bothered looking into it in detail, but if that's it... ???

Uh... Every single one of those quotes by him says he's pro-life. If you're going to count the one where he got tripped up or thinks the laws aren't going to change anytime soon, then that's pretty desperate.

Is this the best example? On a meaningless hot-button issue like abortion, no less? I mean if that's the best example, I think you're convincing me that he's a lot more consistent than I thought. I assumed before that he did change his stances a lot and I never bothered looking into it in detail, but if that's it... ???
    What are you even talking about? Give me one position that Trump has not flip flopped on. This isn't how the burden of proof works when you make unsubstantiated claims.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast