Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul On Trump: “I’ve Always Said I’ll Endorse The Nominee”

Rand Paul On Trump: “I’ve Always Said I’ll Endorse The Nominee”

Rand Paul On Trump: “I’ve Always Said I’ll Endorse The Nominee”
    By Nathan McDermott

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, asked on Thursday if he would endorse Donald Trump now that he’s the party’s presumptive nominee, answered that he has always said he would back the winner of the Republican primary.

“You know, I’ve always said I’ll endorse the nominee,” Paul said in an interview with interviewed by radio host Leland Conway. “I said that even when I ran [for Senate] in 2010.”

Paul then turned to criticizing Hillary Clinton.

“To me it’s most important that people know that, for Kentucky, the Clinton’s will be terrible. I mean, she said she’s gonna put coal miners out of business.We’ve lost 10,000 jobs. So I think it’s almost the patriotic duty of anybody in Kentucky to oppose the Clintons because I think they’re rotten at the core, I think they’re dishonest people.”
    More: https://www.buzzfeed.com/natemcdermo...se-the-nominee
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the major networks on the radio was reporting today that Rand had endorsed Trump, presumably based upon this interview. The neoconservative press will be making a big deal out of this.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The problem with drawing attention to the rottenness of your party's opponent, is that it invites attention to the rottenness of your party's nominee.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Rand should have added, it doesn't even matter if he has no heart beat or the IQ the length of a tapeworm in inches, if it has an R after their name, I will endorse it. Then proceed to wink, wink, nod, nod, wink, wink again and then nods one last time. This way, everyone and even some people on here would understand that said endorsement is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Rand should have added, it doesn't even matter if he has no heart beat or the IQ the length of a tapeworm in inches, if it has an R after their name, I will endorse it. Then proceed to wink, wink, nod, nod, wink, wink again and then nods one last time. This way, everyone and even some people on here would understand that said endorsement is meaningless.
    That would be nice. But come on, Rand has trashed Trump so much over the past year that anyone who thinks he likes him now just hasn't been paying attention. But, I suppose it will be just like the Romney thing. Brace yourselves,
    Randlovestrumpmorethanhisownfatherwhowelovemoretha nhisfamilydoes threads are coming...
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    That would be nice. But come on, Rand has trashed Trump so much over the past year that anyone who thinks he likes him now just hasn't been paying attention. But, I suppose it will be just like the Romney thing. Brace yourselves,
    Randlovestrumpmorethanhisownfatherwhowelovemoretha nhisfamilydoes threads are coming...
    That's not what it will be, the Trump supporters will try to use it to come on here and drum up support.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    That's not what it will be, the Trump supporters will try to use it to come on here and drum up support.
    Oh, well that's a given.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I'd anticipate the neoconservatives playing this as Rand has always been a secret Trump supporter, and they'll go ahead and paint Rand with every single utterance from Trump's lips. The left (for example, Maddow) will probably join them in this endeavor. Guess that's a given, as the neoconservatives are essentially big government, war loving leftists anyway.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand should be all right as long as he doesn't go full Hannity

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Remember....

Ron Paul endorsed some pretty bad people too:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Rand Paul confirms again he will endorse the Republican nominee (edit)

"We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

first

2nd

He betrayed someone's tribe!

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Mods, lock or delete this post. It's bull$#@!. He did not endorse Trump.

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, asked on Thursday if he would endorse Donald Trump now that he’s the party’s presumptive nominee, answered that he has always said he would back the winner of the Republican primary.

“You know, I’ve always said I’ll endorse the nominee,” Paul said in an interview with interviewed by radio host Leland Conway. “I said that even when I ran [for Senate] in 2010.”
    Yes, he has said he will endorse the nominee. He did not say he is endorsing Trump at this time as Trump is NOT the nominee at this time.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 05-06-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Rand Paul On Trump: “I’ve Always Said I’ll Endorse The Nominee” (includes audio link)
    “To me it’s most important that people know that, for Kentucky, the Clinton’s will be terrible.”
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/natemcdermo...se-the-nominee
    Rand Paul Will Endorse Donald Trump
    'I've always said I will endorse the nominee," said Rand Paul.
    http://reason.com/blog/2016/05/06/ra...nald-trump-the

Last edited by kahless; 05-06-2016 at 04:27 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Rand Paul On Trump: “I’ve Always Said I’ll Endorse The Nominee” (includes audio link)
    “To me it’s most important that people know that, for Kentucky, the Clinton’s will be terrible.”
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/natemcdermo...se-the-nominee

Rand Paul Will Endorse Donald Trump, the Least Libertarian GOP Nominee in Decades
    'I've always said I will endorse the nominee," said Rand Paul.
    http://reason.com/blog/2016/05/06/ra...nald-trump-the

He did not just endorse Trump. He has said that he will endorse the nominee. Is Trump, now, the nominee? Because I don't think it has not gone to convention yet.

Nothing said in this post is any different than anything he has been saying for...months.

Did Trump just become the nominee? Officially? Then shut the $#@! up.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Mods, lock or delete this post. It's bull$#@!. He did not endorse Trump.

Yes, he has said he will endorse the nominee. He did not say he is endorsing Trump at this time as Trump is NOT the nominee at this time.
    Breaking: Rand Paul endorses Donald Trump, brushes off #neverTrump

THIS IS THE ARTICLE HEADLINE ... YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAN STICK YOUR NEGATIVE REPS.

You're (mod edit)
    "We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by No1butPaul View Post

THIS IS THE ARTICLE HEADLINE ... YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAN STICK YOUR NEGATIVE REPS.

You're (mod edit)
    Bull$#@!. The title was expressly picked. You could have added "( Not really.)" You went with the title for click bait bull$#@! reasons. And you know damn well you did.

You're acting like one of those crazy social justice warriors stomping up and down like rumplestiltskin.
    What kind of put down is that. Here is my response to your ridiculous attack ! You're acting like someone who sold his intellectual honesty for less than an honest livings wage!

OP loves the caps lock

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Remember....

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Jan2017

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, asked on Thursday if he would endorse Donald Trump now that
    he’s the party’s presumptive nominee, answered that he has always said he would back the winner of the Republican primary.

“You know, I’ve always said I’ll endorse the nominee,” Paul said in an interview with radio host Leland Conway.

“I said that even when I ran [for Senate] in 2010.”

BREAKING. Rand Paul Endorses “A Delusional Narcissist And An Orange-Faced Windbag”
    http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016...dbag%E2%80%9D/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Remember....

Did you tell him that when you got payed by him?

You're (mod edit).

phill is right: Rand has not endorsed Trump at this time. Subtle point is that he has committed to endorse whoever the Republican nominee is, when that person is the nominee. Presumably that will be Trump, but it is not a certainty. The nominee will be known with certainty only after the first ballot at the National Convention, sometime after July 18. Who knows what might happen before then, however unlikely.

As it stands, the OP headline is inaccurate and misleading.

Just because the linked source of the OP used a similar misleading headline, doesn't justify using a misleading headline for the forum post.

A reasonable approach to reduce misunderstanding and unnecessary conflict would be to modify the headline to remove ambiguity, such as

Blog ("ETF News") claim: Rand Paul endorses Donald Trump

or even more clearly

Rand Paul reiterates previous commitment to endorse eventual Republican presidential nominee
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    phill is right: Rand has not endorsed Trump at this time. Subtle point is that he has committed to endorse whoever the Republican nominee is, when that person is the nominee. Presumably that will be Trump, but it is not a certainty. The nominee will be known with certainty only after the first ballot at the National Convention, sometime after July 18. Who knows what might happen before then, however unlikely.

As it stands, the OP headline is inaccurate and misleading.

Just because the linked source of the OP used a similar misleading headline, doesn't justify using a misleading headline for the forum post.

A reasonable approach to reduce misunderstanding and unnecessary conflict would be to modify the headline to remove ambiguity, such as

Blog ("ETF News") claim: Rand Paul endorses Donald Trump

or even more clearly

Rand Paul reiterates previous commitment to endorse eventual Republican presidential nominee
    I thought someone might discredit the OP's link which is why I copied additional links to Buzzfeed and Reason. The Buzzfeed link also contains the audio of Rand in a radio interview yesterday making the statement.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

This is making me chuckle...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast