Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump Fans Float Rand Paul As Their Top VP Pick

I'm taking cash bets that Trump doesn't pick a Paul, or anyone even slightly resembling a Paul, for his running mate.

Any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I predicted this would happen back in 1996.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I predicted this would happen back in 1996.
    I'll take the bait. What are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I'll take the bait. What are you referring to?
    I predicted that after Trump won the Indiana primary, there would be a massive discussion on the Donald Trump subreddit, and a Vocativ analysis of the comments would reveal Trump fans want a joint ticket with Rand Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I predicted that after Trump won the Indiana primary, there would be a massive discussion on the Donald Trump subreddit, and a Vocativ analysis of the comments would reveal Trump fans want a joint ticket with Rand Paul.
    In 1996, while Bob Dole was running?

t00b or it didn't happen.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Oh, LE. I keep hoping that one day you'll wake up and recognize Trump for the authoritarian he is. When this finally happens, only then will the Trump haze be removed from your consciousness so that you can understand what the rest of us are seeing. When that happens - and it will - you're going to finally think back to these days and read your posts with embarrassment.
    Won't happen and I will tell you why. I fought long and tirelessly for both Ron and Rand. They failed in their campaigns. Your choice now is to either sit on the sidelines taking potshots at others, or voting for some 3rd party candidate as a protest vote. I just do not agree that is the best course; at least for me. It's as simple as that. I have stated numerous times that Trump is far from a perfect candidate, but I feel that our country is so close to the end that I am willing to take a chance on someone who just might throw a couple of wrenches in the globalist spokes. In that way, we will have more time to get in place a real solution. Could he end up being another POS? Sure. But, the alternative is Hillary. Sorry, but I don't see that as being any boon for liberty.

Personally, I believe the sideline sitters should be embarrassed. Especially since I seriously doubt many of them are doing anything at all to try to stem the destruction, such as working to get Common Core out of their schools in their states, getting Agenda 21 out of their communities, or even getting the voting machines removed in their county.

So, opinions vary. We all have to make our own choices.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 05-06-2016 at 09:12 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Yes, because I agreed with him in his policies. That's why I'm not a Trump supporter.
    You go from thread to thread spinning this fairytale. Doesn't make it any more true than in the last thread.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Sure it does. There was always a fairly large group of RP supporters that just supported RP cuz he pissed people off.
    Uh huh and most of those people are Bernie supporters now. Not Trump.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    And yet you keep grumbling that those of us who are trying to promote a strong third party run will steal more votes from your criminal clown than from the DNC's criminal clown.

Can you offer anything remotely resembling confirmation of that?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I'm taking cash bets that Trump doesn't pick a Paul, or anyone even slightly resembling a Paul, for his running mate.

Any takers?
    What are you talking about? Trump loves Rand! In his own playground kinda way ("slaps and pinches" those he has a crush on)

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I myself have never been an isolationist.
    I favor the very opposite of isolation:
    diplomacy, free trade, and freedom of travel.
    []
    You wanna get rid of drug crime in this country?
    Fine, let's just get rid of all the drug laws.

There's so much violence today, not because people use drugs,but because they're illegal.
    You know, the people who benefit the most by all these laws, are the drug cartels,DEA & law enforcement
    they lobby to keep these laws in place because they can't exist without them."
    []
    Speak up, speak often
    and don't worry about those that
    at this point cannot understand,
    as they can never un-hear
    what we tell them.

- Ron Paul
    Fixed that for you...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Oh, LE. I keep hoping that one day you'll wake up and recognize Trump for the authoritarian he is. When this finally happens, only then will the Trump haze be removed from your consciousness so that you can understand what the rest of us are seeing. When that happens - and it will - you're going to finally think back to these days and read your posts with embarrassment.
    You give LE too much credit. Trump's authoritarianism is the reason she supports him.

VP Rand Paul as Trump’s brain

If Rand Paul were to act as Trump’s brain the way Cheney was Bush’s brain, I would totally support this. Both Rand and Ron have more knowledge than I about if and how, such a thing might be carried out. It’s an unlikely offer, but I would trust whatever response Rand made if it occurred.

Trump lacks an in-depth knowledge of the Constitution, how government is supposed to interact, how our currency has been devalued, and so much of the history of our interactions with other countries - particularly the stuff our government has chosen to obscure. In this respect Rand is the opposite of Donald Trump and would fill in all his blanks. He’s also his opposite personality wise - loud and brash verses calm, thoughtful and polite.

At this moment however, I think Rand is truly more concerned with fixing congress. Also, I doubt that Trump has the humility to consider such a thing, because it would be admitting that he has shortcomings.
    Last edited by Valli6; 05-06-2016 at 03:08 PM.

But that might interfere with Trump's day job--which is very obviously throwing this election to Clinton.

If that weren't what he was doing, he wouldn't be working so hard at pissing off people he doesn't need to piss off in order to get the most mouth-breathingest five percent of the population to nominate him, now would he? One only does that if one's purpose is to lose the general election.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-06-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    If Rand Paul were to act as Trump’s brain the way Cheney was Bush’s brain, I would totally support this. Both Rand and Ron have more knowledge than I, if and how, such a thing might be carried out. It’s an unlikely offer, but I would trust whatever response Rand made if it occurred.

Trump lacks an in-depth knowledge of the Constitution, how government is supposed to interact, how our currency has been devalued, and so much of the history of our interactions with other countries - particularly the stuff our government has chosen to obscure. In this respect Rand is the opposite of Donald Trump and would fill in all his blanks. He’s also his opposite personality wise - loud and brash verses calm, thoughtful and polite.

At this moment however, I think Rand is truly more concerned with fixing congress. Also, I doubt that Trump has the humility to consider such a thing, because it would be admitting that he has shortcomings.
    Trump has a long history of surrounding himself with sycophants; he made it through the primaries in spite of this flaw, but it will prevent him from being elected. Rand can't be VP for anyone this cycle now that he's made the call to go with the Senate campaign. He can't be on the ballot in KY for 2 races, and now that the Senate GOP is losing at least 2 seats, the party can't afford to give up a safe seat.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Its quite possible, probably a bit off both. But erowes statement about RP supporters supporting trump could easily be said about those supporting Bernie now.

Another thing is, Ron for all his libertarianism had a very populist pro-US message. Its got different ideological roots and positions from Trump but its a lot of the same pro-US message. That has got to appeal to quite a few RP people too who weren't hard core anarchist. Meh, I just don't believe Trump in anyway.

Personally, I believe the sideline sitters should be embarrassed.
    We aren't "sideline sitters". We just don't agree with the choices between two authoritarians. We believe there are other options. You callously call 3rd parties a "protest vote" as if the two major parties own the rest. We disagree. Most of us think that the candidate, regardless of what party they're occupying, have to earn each vote each election cycle.

We don't subscribe to your false dichotomy. And interestingly, this election cycle presents perhaps the best opportunity in recent history to break through it. But in order for that to happen, people need to wake up from this Trump fantasy. (You know he sells those right? He wrote the book about how to sell people on their own fantasies)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump has a long history of surrounding himself with sycophants; he made it through the primaries in spite of this flaw, but it will prevent him from being elected. Rand can't be VP for anyone this cycle now that he's made the call to go with the Senate campaign. He can't be on the ballot in KY for 2 races, and now that the Senate GOP is losing at least 2 seats, the party can't afford to give up a safe seat.
    That is, sadly, the case. Rand won't be the VP because he is choosing to run for reelection. But it doesn't change the fact that he and Trump would both benefit from being on the ticket together. Nor does it change the reality that Trump's victory against the kingmakers is strategically useful to us, his authoritarian streak nonewithstanding.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 05-06-2016 at 10:31 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    That is, sadly, the case. Rand won't be the VP because he is choosing to run for reelection. But it doesn't change the fact that he and Trump would both benefit from being on the ticket together. Nor does it change the reality that Trump's victory against the kingmakers is strategically useful to us, his authoritarian streak nonewithstanding.
    That is not a fact. If you know that the trestle has been washed away ten miles down the track you don't buy a train ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That is not a fact. If you know that the trestle has been washed away ten miles down the track you don't buy a train ticket.
    This.

Five percent of the American population is enough to:

* Get you the GOP nomination

* Hand the GOP its biggest landslide loss since 1854

...and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    In 1996, while Bob Dole was running?

t00b or it didn't happen.
    I remember it was a beautiful Saturday afternoon in May of 1996..... I had just finished playing a little-league baseball game (we won!) and I was at home enjoying a grilled cheese sandwich along with a hearty bowl of Campbell's Tomato Soup. After the 2nd bite it occurred to me that this guy Trump looks like he's going to be a player. And he's going to consider a libertarian-leaning ophthalmologist to be his running mate on his "Make America Great Again!!" presidential ticket.

Sure enough... I nailed that $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post
    Life insurance.
    LOL. Yeah, that would do it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand has already been asked by the media if he would accept being Trump's VP.

His response?

- "Trump as president would be a disaster, and I would not want anything to do with it."

How did we fail so massively at convincing Ron Paul supporters to reject Trump?
    How did Ron fail to convince them?

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    This is what your reply might look like to a Trump supporter.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I did hear John Bolton is on Trump's short list for secretary of state.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Seems like TheTexan type people are not the minority! Trump/Rand 2016 ! (Rand as VP)

You go from thread to thread spinning this fairytale. Doesn't make it any more true than in the last thread.
    I try to chime in on every thread where erowe1 brings this up.
    To show solidarity with him.
    Others do this too.

Do you have other people on this thread that have bought this xenophobic one-race-one-culture-one-country nonsense you spout here?

Personally I find this distasteful, having to explain our position so many times over. I do it despite the fact that you're once again going to kick and scream and not listen.
    I do it because I know other people are reading this, and they might not have such a visceral reaction to the idea that we may not want to plunge into a police state just to keep the brown people at bay.

Either those who profess to love liberty are going to start listening to this position, or the alternative is for this movement to stay dead.
    Closed borders is an unconstitutional, anti-liberty position. When a professed liberty-oriented individual takes that position he is being as philosophically inconsistent as is humanly possible.
    Check yourself, before you wreck everything.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I try to chime in on every thread where erowe1 brings this up.
    To show solidarity with him.
    Others do this too.

Do you have other people on this thread that have bought this xenophobic one-race-one-culture-one-country nonsense you spout here?

Personally I find this distasteful, having to explain our position so many times over. I do it despite the fact that you're once again going to kick and scream and not listen.
    I do it because I know other people are reading this, and they might not have such a visceral reaction to the idea that we may not want to plunge into a police state just to keep the brown people at bay.

Either those who profess to love liberty are going to start listening to this position, or the alternative is for this movement to stay dead.
    Closed borders is an unconstitutional, anti-liberty position. When a professed liberty-oriented individual takes that position he is being as philosophically inconsistent as is humanly possible.
    Check yourself, before you wreck everything.
    You sir, are no lover of liberty.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast