Thread: Forget New Hampshire...

Forget New Hampshire...

I recently moved to NH. Woohoo FSP member and all right...

Here is the reality I've seen.

First becoming a resident is expensive! I think I'm about 300 bucks deep in registration, license, etc. oh and what the actual $#@! is up with "vehicle inspections."

My truck failed inspection because it's too high off the ground and the tires are too wide.

Granted the state is retarded and still sent my plates (still waiting on my drivers license to arrive because they give you a stupid piece of paper at the dmv that btw TSA is not amused by...which is another rant). I will not bother to pass inspection because my truck is awesome just the way it is.

Next up property taxes...well nevermind me ever buying property up here. That is simply not affordable.

I've also realized that in my brief time here the FSP and really just the locals are screwed because of New York and Massholes want to ruin what few good things the state has going for it.

The weather is god awful. My brother told me this place is great by mid April...spring has not even started and summer officially starts in a month.

Prepare to drive. I have had to completely rebudget. In the South my gas funds for a month don't last a week here. You will simply drive and drive and drive some more for anything.

Gun shops are a joke here and roughly 60 years behind the times. The people are nice enough, but seriously it's the 21st century and everything they have would even make grandpa wonder when modern rifles will arrive. Modern rifles at this point being center fired.

Hunting and fishing laws...why even bother fishing here? The hunting laws seem okay and no more or less confusing than other states but considering streams and rivers can have restrictions completely different just by being on the side of the bend you are on is stupid.

Then again why even bother fishing freshwater as let's be real freshwater fish suck. I guess if I want to actually do real fishing I have to drive across the state.

The open carry laws don't impress me as I have spent the last several years open carrying in NC and VA, but the CCP process is great. It is even free, but good luck keeping your permit in good condition as they are paper...not even care sized or laminated. Now the permits are paid for by out of state permits to CCP but I'd honestly pay to have a real plastic card. Call me a statist on that one...but I'll gladly pay for that service. Although constitution carry would obviously be better.

The cuisine is terrible. My diet before leaving the South was essentially seafood, sushi, and Mexican/texmex. If you like sandwiches you'll love New Hampshire as all you will ever find is sandwich places. You might find a Mexican place but afterwards you might start supporting amnesty to get as many Mexicans around the country as possible...I think we might need to start importing Asians up here as well...oh and Mediterranean food...good luck. Bland and $#@!ty is an understatement.

Radio stations are garbage as well. a third of them are NPR, the next third start off as decent and then when you are finally enjoying a song it goes staticy for a second and somehow you are now listening to country music, and the last third just suck anyways but you will never notice because they are simply static you simply push "seek" again on your radio.

Oh and the language, hey New Englanders...words that end with "er" are not pronounced as "ah." It is really hard to understand, like Cajun bad.

I moved up here to live closer to my brother and his family and start a business up here.

I said before I moved I would only commit a year before reassessing. I've assessed, next April I'm getting the $#@! out of this backwater $#@!hole. I should have simply accepted there is nothing above the Mason-Dixon Line worth living.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like you're having a wonderful time...

Keep us updated. Fun to read (sorry for that but it is).
    "I am a bird"

It has its pluses and minuses.

No state income tax
    Little to no sales taxes
    No seat-belt mandate

Property taxes are by municipality. If you want to live in a town with a lot of government services there is high property taxes. If you want to live somewhere with little government services, there is little to no property tax.

NH is a decent model of how our republic is supposed to work. A place where people can vote with their feet and very accessible representation. Given the electoral successes we have been seeing there on the local level, I expect things to improve.

Sorry to read your experiance has not been stellar
    Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 05-05-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    I said before I moved I would only commit a year before reassessing. I've assessed, next April I'm getting the $#@! out of this backwater $#@!hole. I should have simply accepted there is nothing above the Mason-Dixon Line worth living.
    LOL I say the exact same thing about anything south of the Mason Dixon line.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL I say the exact same thing about anything south of the Mason Dixon line.
    Enjoy the company of Massachussets, New York, and Connecticut?

Before I left the South I could count on one hand how many Bernie bumper stickers and signs I saw...up here...yikes!

I will say this though, while I live in Diaspora we should get up sometime. RPHawaii you too. Either of you near Lebanon?/Hanover?
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Freshwater fish are probably the best . Pumpkinseed , Red Ear , Bluegill , Crappie , Warmouth , Rock Bass, Smallmouth , Walleye , Yellow Perch etc You have to broil some Red Snapper to get close to that .

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    Enjoy the company of Massachussets, New York, and Connecticut?

Before I left the South I could count on one hand how many Bernie bumper stickers and signs I saw...up here...yikes!

I will say this though, while I live in Diaspora we should get up sometime. RPHawaii you too. Either of you near Lebanon?/Hanover?
    I'm in St Louis now for family (and now work) reasons. Lived in NH 2013-14 and hope to invest in some land there eventually/live part time. Completely understand the Mass-hole phenomena and yes, lots of hipsters. Also, lots of great Yanks though, the place may grow on ya...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge