Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump Picks Former Goldman Partner And Soros Employee As Finance Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    who would you pick? there was a thread a couple days ago on how Hillary is way ahead in fundraising. who would you pick to beat Hillary?

Hes gonna pick the best people for the job and hes gonna pick whoever he needs to win. Curious how so many people here wanna get away from trump threads, but love posting about Trump.
    Line in sand, Trump points, makes claim about other opponents. Trump voters froth and fume, mock opponents. Trump erases line when opponents are gone, offers nonsensical excuse for doing same thing he hung on his opponents' shoulders for being unelectable much less untrustworthy. Trump voters, without skipping a beat, shrug and proceeded to see nothing wrong with what Trump is doing when they foamed at the mouth over others association with GS. Some people don't like hypocrites, go figure. In Trumpland, it is just another day in paradise. Now, that others aren't persuaded by the lack of a convincing argument, again, go figure.

ETA hypocrite referring to Trump, himself.
    Last edited by moostraks; 05-07-2016 at 06:52 AM.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    My experience has been that Sanders supporters tend to be equal with Trump ones on social media and news comments sections.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    My experience has been that Sanders supporters tend to be equal with Trump ones on social media and news comments sections.
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

The bernies on reddit are definitely as aggressive as the trump ones. There was a truce with /r/randpaul for a while, but they occasionally go to war against /r/thedonald

The day Rand suspended his campaign, some of them came over trying to recruit, we told them just wait a day or 2, they said "OK see you tomorrow."
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    who would you pick? there was a thread a couple days ago on how Hillary is way ahead in fundraising. who would you pick to beat Hillary?

Hes gonna pick the best people for the job and hes gonna pick whoever he needs to win. Curious how so many people here wanna get away from trump threads, but love posting about Trump.
    Being as I'm still a Ron Paul supporting liberty activist, I'll be voting for whomever the LP nominates. And being as I'm not a fear based voter, I don't give a $#!+ which of the two crony insiders may win

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    We don't know how the question was asked, but I have a feeling the rating has more to do with perception of actual physical aggression than internet trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    From ZeroHedge

I feel sorry for those being duped by this guy
    LOL. OMFG! I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. "We gotta support Trump because Ted Cruz got a loan from Goldhman Sachs. We gotta support Trump because Cruz missed an audit the fed vote."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

"not beholden to special interests"

Trump set to headline first campaign fundraiser in Albuquerque Tuesday

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is slated to headline his first official fundraiser in conjunction with the Republican National Committee Tuesday when he makes a campaign swing through Albuquerque, kicking off an urgent drive to raise $1 billion for his general election bid.

The event, which requires a $10,000 donation, is being hosted by Kevin R. Daniels, the owner of a funeral services company and prominent GOP donor, according to details obtained by The Washington Post.

In an interview, Daniels said he was putting on the fundraiser at the request of RNC Chairman Reince Priebus. "I am a pretty big supporter of Republican causes and the United States, and always vowed to support whoever our nominee is," Daniels said.

Between 20 and 25 people are expected to attend the reception, which includes a photo line with the candidate. "I’m sure it's going to be one of many," Daniels said.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

[Here’s how a wealthy Trump supporter could give $783,400 to support his campaign and the RNC]

It's the first high-dollar fundraiser for the real estate developer, who spent much of the GOP primary contest decrying the influence of wealthy donors on his rivals. But since securing the nomination, Trump's campaign has scrambled to set up an infrastructure to bring in large contributions to finance a costly fall get-out-the-vote operation. Trump has said he believes that he and the party can jointly raise $1 billion.

Earlier this month, he established a joint fundraising committee with the RNC and 11 state parties that can accept checks up to $449,400 per person. That's more than has ever been sought by presidential nominees through such ventures, thanks to legal changes made in 2014 that expanded the fundraising abilities of national parties.

From Albuquerque, Trump is set to head to Los Angeles, where investor Thomas Barrack Jr. is hosting a high-priced fundraiser at his home. Tickets start at $25,000 per person, according to the Los Angeles Times.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...uerque-tuesday
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

"self-funding"

Eisenberg and Mnuchin. Champions of the people, not the bankers, I'm sure.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump for swamp draining.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-pl...ary-1480459950

In 2008, IndyMac Bank in Pasadena, Calif., collapsed in one of the largest bank failures in U.S. history. Mr. Mnuchin led a group of investors, including funds run by Mr. Soros and other hedge-fund and private-equity titans, who bought it from the government for about $1.5 billion. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation agreed to cover a portion of any future loan losses, a lucrative arrangement for Mr. Mnuchin and his partners. Regulators who negotiated with Mr. Mnuchin found him to be the kind of detail-oriented person who would “know the cost of every pencil,” according to a person familiar with their thinking.

Mr. Mnuchin, who became chairman of the renamed OneWest Bank and CEO of its parent company, relocated to Los Angeles and bought a mansion in the Bel Air neighborhood.

The deal soon became controversial. In 2011, community activists descended on Mr. Mnuchin’s Bel Air home to protest over the possible eviction of a homeowner who was behind on her mortgage payments to OneWest.

In 2014, OneWest was sold to CIT Group Inc., earning Mr. Mnuchin and Dune hundreds of millions of dollars in profits, according to a person familiar with the matter. He later pocketed $10.9 million in severance payouts when he left the company.

Despite the huge profits, OneWest’s legacy continues to trail Mr. Mnuchin, who now sits on CIT’s board and owns more than 1% of its shares.

A portion of OneWest’s mortgage business is under investigation by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Last July, CIT said it was forced to take a $230 million charge as it cleaned up accounting problems at OneWest. And two California housing groups this month accused OneWest of discriminating against minorities by not putting branches in their communities.

Meanwhile, 14 years after leaving Goldman, Mr. Mnuchin remains in the firm’s orbit, showing up at alumni events and involving other ex-Goldman executives in his finance deals.

Not very pleased. Anything goldman sachs makes my skin crawl

The more things change........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12