Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Picks Former Goldman Partner And Soros Employee As Finance Chairman

Trump Picks Former Goldman Partner And Soros Employee As Finance Chairman

From ZeroHedge

In addition to Goldman, Mnuchin also worked at Soros Fund Management, whose founder, George Soros, has funded many left-leaning causes. Where it gets even more bizarre is that Mnuchin has donated frequently to Democrats, including to Clinton and Barack Obama.
    I feel sorry for those being duped by this guy
    Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 05-05-2016 at 09:01 PM.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is exactly why I do not support Trump. He will exploit his power in office to offer the mundanes practices that benefit either and old or new Status Quo and the people only experience a Change of Robber Barons at most. Sadly, I now believe that absolutely nothing will improve for the people until the current system, which threw the common man overboard long ago, completely collapses under the weight of the devastating fiscal and monetary policies that the system itself has perpetuated and glorified for far too long.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Feel the greatness starting up already...

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    This is exactly why I do not support Trump. He will exploit his power in office to offer the mundanes practices that benefit either and old or new Status Quo and the people only experience a Change of Robber Barons at most. Sadly, I now believe that absolutely nothing will improve for the people until the current system, which threw the common man overboard long ago, completely collapses under the weight of the devastating fiscal and monetary policies that the system itself has perpetuated and glorified for far too long.
    I'm not quite that pessimistic. There have been people moving the ball our direction, in other areas and in lower offices...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

We must take the narrow road indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post

$#@!, don't look at me. I called it from the day Trump declared his run, right here on RPF. It was obvious he's a plant.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    $#@!, don't look at me. I called it from the day Trump declared his run, right here on RPF. It was obvious he's a plant.
    Ditto that!

~ C.Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bwahaha! "Anti-establishment" they said. "Outsider" they said. Bwahahaha!

Even Rand had a private sit down with Goldman Sachs. Trump just hired away their skilled labor. What is the issue here?

You can also look at this way at least Trump stopped far worse Ted Cruz. Cruz was playing the role for the idiots as being the libertarian leaning constitutional conservative and non-interventionist which is a load of bull$#@!.

People equate Cruz with Rand Paul. So if Cruz had won it would be a total blow to true Conservatives and libertarian leaning Republicans like Rand when Cruz eventually would appear as total fraud that he is.

Ron Paul warns Republicans not to vote for Ted Cruz
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-for-ted-cruz/
    "They think he's for the free market, and he's owned by Goldman Sachs," Paul said. "He and Hillary have more in common than we have with Trump or anyone else."
    Last edited by kahless; 05-05-2016 at 10:59 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Trump Relied on Funding from George Soros to Build Chicago Trump Tower

In 2004, progressive-leaning philanthropist and investor George Soros provided millions in financing for Donald Trump's Trump Tower Chicago development.

By Barry Donegan -
    Mar 14, 2016

2016 Republican presidential candidate and billionaire real estate investor Donald Trump borrowed money from progressive-leaning billionaire George Soros back in 2004 to build the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago.

In October of 2004, Thomas A. Corfman wrote in The Chicago Tribune, “Donald Trump has lined up three New York hedge funds, including money from billionaire George Soros, to invest $160 million in his Chicago skyscraper, a key piece in perhaps the largest construction financing in the city’s history, according to real estate sources and public documents. … The $160 million investment is in the form of a mezzanine loan, a kind of second mortgage that typically charges a much higher interest rate than a first-mortgage construction loan.”

[RELATED: GOP Debate: Trump Calls on Republican Party to ‘Be Smart and Unify’]

The Blaze notes that Trump and Soros were also listed as co-defendants in a 2008 RICO lawsuit disputing the sale of a Manhattan General Motors building. A report on the case by Pensions and Investments listed Trump and Soros as investors in the property.

Soros blasted Donald Trump’s campaign in recent comments to Bloomberg Business, seen below.

“Donald Trump is doing the work of ISIS. ISIS, and before that al-Qaeda, discovered the Achilles’ heel of Western civilization— the fear of death. It interferes with reason, and people do things out of fear which is actually harmful. And that’s what, by fear mongering, Donald Trump and the others, Cruz and so on, are doing the work of ISIS,” said Soros.

He added, “It must be wrong to do what your enemies want you to do. They want people to turn against Muslims, treat them with suspicion, and convince the Muslim community that there is no alternative except terrorism.”

According to The New York Times, Soros is funding a $15 million get-out-the-vote campaign aimed at bolstering Latino and immigrant vote turnouts in swing states in an effort to punish Trump and other Republicans for “anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim rhetoric.”

[Reality Check: The Truth About Trump University — Was it a Scam?]

“It is harmful to our democracy and to our national interests. There should be consequences for the outrageous statements and proposals that we’ve regularly heard,” said Soros.

According to The New York Post’s celebrity gossip column Page Six, Trump and Soros were seen together at a 2009 Christmas party hosted by economist Nouriel Roubini, who has been called “Dr. Doom” for his bearish economic predictions.

An October 2015 statement by Trump, which was cited by The Washington Post, read, “I am self-funding my campaign and therefore I will not be controlled by the donors, special interests and lobbyists who have corrupted our politics and politicians for far too long. I have disavowed all Super PAC’s, requested the return of all donations made to said PAC’s, and I am calling on all presidential candidates to do the same. The character of our country is only as strong as our leaders.”
    http://truthinmedia.com/trump-fundin...o-trump-tower/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Even Rand had a private sit down with Goldman Sachs. Trump just hired away their skilled labor. What is the issue here?

You can also look at this way at least Trump stopped far worse Ted Cruz. Cruz was playing the role for the idiots as being the libertarian leaning constitutional conservative and non-interventionist which is a load of bull$#@!.

People equate Cruz with Rand Paul. So if Cruz had won it would be a total blow to true Conservatives and libertarian leaning Republicans like Rand when Cruz eventually would appear as total fraud that he is.

Oh, goody, are we back to listening to the sage advise of Ron Paul?

Ron Paul: I Won't Vote For Trump

Paul downplayed any differences among the two candidates regarding bail outs, saying "Whether it's Hillary who has a close tie with Wall Street and Trump is not going to disappear and not protect Wall Street because the crash is coming and Trump will bail them out just like Hillary."
    Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ron-...#ixzz47sghLRUY
    Last edited by phill4paul; 05-06-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    From ZeroHedge

I feel sorry for those being duped by this guy
    I don't, most of them are loudmouth $#@!s.
    "The Patriarch"

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

It was part of an internal talk series.

Reportedly, “Paul spoke about foreign policy, the economic recovery, and race relations, … and he was well received.”
    Obviously he was not received well enough on his stances to receive their funding. Which is good.

Don't care about Cruz. He is a non-issue. Was before, is now.

For Trump it is right in line to play ball with his lenders and crony capitalists.

"Anti-Establishment." "Outsider." Bwahahaha!

~ C.Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This kind of reminds me about the debate where he contradicted his position on H1Bs, the position that was posted on his website. With Trump though, it's probably more accurate to refer to them as "positions".

Trump just hired away their skilled labor. What is the issue here?
    Goldman has skilled labor? he must be poaching the executive kitchen staff and some limo drivers.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    Goldman has skilled labor? he must be poaching the executive kitchen staff and some limo drivers.
    I disagree with their philosophy but there is no denying they are successful in lining their pockets and shaping the political landscape.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Doesn't matter. He could walk back ever single thing he has said with the exception of deporting brown people, and he pretty much has, and one issue-xenophobes will still foam at the mouth like rabid dogs in his defense. To them nothing else matters.
    Hell, if he took on Hillary as a V.P. but still kept saying "Deport, build walls" they would say "Well, he's just trying to Make America Great Again and a V.P. doesn't really do anything."

"cause Trump said so"

Trump: I’m Not Selling Out By Hiring A Former Goldman Sachs Partner As Finance Chair

“He’s raising money for the party, and I’m gonna be putting up a lot of money. So this is money that’s going to the Republican National Committee.”

Donald Trump said in a radio interview on Friday that his supporters should not be concerned that his campaign is bringing on a former Goldman Sachs partner as its national finance chair.

The Trump campaign on Thursday announced that it had hired Steven Mnuchin, who co-founded Dune Capital Management and OneWest Bank Group LLC, to head up its finance operations. rump, who for much of the Republican primary railed against special interests and his opponents relying on donations from Wall Street, said Mnunchin’s job would be raising for the party as a whole.

“Well, I need somebody smart and he’s very smart as you know,” Trump told SiriusXM radio’s Breitbart News Daily on Friday morning when asked about the hiring. “He’s done some amazing deals. I actually did a deal with him in Hawaii, I built a hotel with him in Hawaii, he’s great. He’s good guy, he’s a solid guy, as you know, and the family is a wonderful family.”

“To have somebody like that the head — and when you say ‘selling out’ I’m not doing anything, in terms of, I’m gonna keep it more or less the same,” said Trump. “He’s raising money for the party, and I’m gonna be putting up a lot of money. So this is money that’s going to the Republican National Committee. As you know the Republicans, I think we can raise a billion dollars, but the Democrats are gonna have two billion dollars. And to raise a billion dollars for the party, you need somebody good. And I think he’s going to do a great job. But, again, I’m going to be spending a tremendous amount of money and I expect to.”
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczy...ldman-sachs-pa

when you say ‘selling out’ I’m not doing anything, in terms of, I’m gonna keep it more or less the same,” said Trump.
    "More or less" he says. Bwahahaha!

who would you pick? there was a thread a couple days ago on how Hillary is way ahead in fundraising. who would you pick to beat Hillary?

Hes gonna pick the best people for the job and hes gonna pick whoever he needs to win. Curious how so many people here wanna get away from trump threads, but love posting about Trump.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    who would you pick? there was a thread a couple days ago on how Hillary is way ahead in fundraising. who would you pick to beat Hillary?

Hes gonna pick the best people for the job and hes gonna pick whoever he needs to win. Curious how so many people here wanna get away from trump threads, but love posting about Trump.
    No Trump is not going to get the "best" people, (mod edit). He is going to get the "bestest" people. The "bestest" people with regard to foreign interventionism when it comes to American interests. The "bestest" people with regards to banking and the Federal Reserve. The "bestest" people for everything. You need to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No Trump is not going to get the "best" people, ******. He is going to get the "bestest" people. The "bestest" people with regard to foreign interventionism when it comes to American interests. The "bestest" people with regards to banking and the Federal Reserve. The "bestest" people for everything. You need to catch up.
    So who would you pick? Maybe a Jesse Benton type? Yeah maybe if Ron Paul pays $73k for another endorsement he could run third party and win.
    Last edited by spudea; 05-06-2016 at 06:51 PM.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

This chick is the leader of the Trump trolls now?
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

So who would you pick? Maybe a Jesse Benton type? Yeah maybe if Ron Paul pays $73k for another endorsement he could run third party and win.
    WTF are you talking about or even alluding to you nonsensical individual, you? Bless your pea picking heart.

How can Hillary be "way ahead in fundraising?" Trump said he has 10 BILLION in the bank. Did Hillary raise more than 10 BILLION dollars? Trump supporters. Dumb as rocks.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Let's keep it civil everyone. Focus on the issues and the topic at hand, not each other.

Thanks.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast