Thread: President Fox Apologizes, Invites Trump to Mexico

President Fox Apologizes, Invites Trump to Mexico

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...-trump-mexico/

4 May 2016

SANTA MONICA, California — During an exclusive interview with Breitbart News, former Mexican President Vicente Fox apologized Wednesday for the vulgar language he has used regarding GOP frontrunner Donald Trump’s proposal to build a wall along the southern border and invited the likely Republican nominee to Mexico to see the border from the other side.

Earlier this year, Fox said that he would not pay for Trump’s “f*cking wall,” and called Trump ““Ignorant … crazy … egocentric … nasty … [a] false prophet.” Trump then called on Fox to apologize

On Wednesday, he did so — in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News — and added that he wanted Trump to come to Mexico to see the border from the other side.

“I apologize. Forgiveness is one of the greatest qualities that human beings have, is the quality of a compassionate leader. You have to be humble. You have to be compassionate. You have to love thy neighbor,” Fox explained to Breitbart News while sitting in the hotel of the J.W. Marriott in Santa Monica, California on Wednesday afternoon.

“Love your nation. Love the world,” he added. “Yes, I’m humble enough as leadership be, [a] compassionate leader. If I offended you, I’m sorry. But what about the other way around?”

“I don’t think he should follow the strategy of attacking others, offending others, to get to his purpose. There are other ways and means of doing it,” Fox stressed, adding, “I invite him to come to Mexico and to see what Mexico is all about.”

Fox stressed the important trade ties the two countries have, noting that the U.S. benefits from Mexican labor and has much larger trade deficits with other countries.

He urged Trump to be more responsible, and suggested that he could help: “I can convince him to think intelligently” about trade and other issues, he explained.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah, crap. Here we go. Heh.

Does this mean Mexico will pay for the wall?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Heh. Who knows. Maybe it just got ten feet lower, though. Maybe wait and see how low it can go. Maybe down to none at all.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 05-04-2016 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Michael View Post
    Heh. Who knows. Maybe it just got ten feet lower, though. Maybe wait and see how low it can go. Maybe down to none at all.
    We'll be best amigo's now.
    "The Patriarch"

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Just one more example of why people don't like or trust politicians.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He wants to keep our tax money flowing. $#@! him
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

The truth is a very flexible thing, wherein the assertions of politicians are concerned.

What a $#@!ing idiot.

If I offended you, I’m sorry. But what about the other way around?”
    He should have said, "look in the mirror, $#@!." (In regard to Trump demanding an apology). You don't first insult someone and then take it back. You might as well quit your job when you are that stupid.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    What a $#@!ing idiot.

He should have said, "look in the mirror, $#@!." (In regard to Trump demanding an apology). You don't first insult someone and then take it back. You might as well quit your job when you are that stupid.
    It might be the establishment finally warmed up to Trump and had a little chat with Mr. Fox. I mean, why is he even here?

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    What a $#@!ing idiot.

except Trump never insulted Fox. Reading biased liberal media does strange things to the brain.

Donald, look out for the guy wearing a blindfold who's holding a long stick!

They use it to find out if there is any candy inside...

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    They'd pay if we had the testes to force the issue.

More likely, Fox is trying to lure Trump on to his turf in order to affect assassination. Fox is a world-class lowlife of the political ilk, as far as I can see. Such people never apologize unless either their lives depend on it, or they have something of equally monumental value to gain.

Killing Trump would put many powerful people in Fox's debt, and he could blame it on "cartels", thereby avoiding certain of the risks normally associatedwith such a dangerously bold ploy. I'm not joking... much. Were I Trump, there is no way I would go to MX.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    except Trump never insulted Fox. Reading biased liberal media does strange things to the brain.
    Reading itself is a skill. If you read my comment, I never said Trump insulted Fox. I just said Fox is weak-sauce because he's walking back on his comments.

Now in regards to Trump, he has more or less insulted the nation of Mexico and Mexicans in general by generalizing and making outrageous comments, which will come back to haunt him, you can mark my words.
    "I am a bird"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Killing Trump would put many powerful people in Fox's debt, and he could blame it on "cartels", thereby avoiding certain of the risks normally associatedwith such a dangerously bold ploy. I'm not joking... much. Were I Trump, there is no way I would go to MX.
    I don't think they'd have to just blame it on the cartels, it would probably be one of them...
    "I am a bird"

Read between the lines: He basically told Trump that a good leader is compassionate and loves their neighbor, inferring that he was those things and Trump was not.
    It was a clever slam disguised as an apology.

Fox for President.

Fox is a joke. Nothing but a crony corporatist puppet. His masters told him now is the time to make nice with Trump.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Read between the lines: He basically told Trump that a good leader is compassionate and loves their neighbor, inferring that he was those things and Trump was not.
    It was a clever slam disguised as an apology.

Fox for President.
    Lol...yep, it was not a walk back but a very carefully crafted noose for Trump to walk into. Reminded me of how Ahmadinejad would word things.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

To me it sounded like he felt like he better apologize to get something he wants, and in order for his ego to handle it he dressed it up with false modesty.

Btw, Vincente Fox is not the president of Mexico since 2006

Hmm...this was less than a month ago:

Donald Trump isn’t the only bully on Twitter.

Former Mexican president Vicente Fox has launched a days-long, grammatically challenged tweet tirade against the bombastic billionaire, using every excuse imaginable to torment Trump — including his wife’s birthday
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2594414
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Hmm...this was less than a month ago:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2594414
    What a puppet

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quick, build the wall before Trump can get back in!