Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should RPF Endorse a Third Party Candidate?

In 2008, Ron Paul endorsed a third party candidate. He just didn't specify which one.

I don't think we should repeat that. I think we need to try to unify the Anyone But Them vote and make it count--in one column, not watered down.

That will require some negotiation before the best ticket can be determined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will be voting Third party I guess . Looking at my electoral map earlier this week ( our primary was yesterday ) , It looks like the GOP cannot win without Fla assuming the Dems carry the same states they have, which I believe is a safe bet . My vote will not be needed in my state against the Dem's so I would rather it go towards a percentage needed for ballot access . I voted for Rand and he pulled about 100 votes in my county.
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-04-2016 at 09:10 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    In 2008, Ron Paul endorsed a third party candidate. He just didn't specify which one.

I don't think we should repeat that. I think we need to try to unify the Anyone But Them vote and make it count--in one column, not watered down.

That will require some negotiation before the best ticket can be determined.
    That would be ideal, whether it is possible remains to be seen.
    "The Patriarch"

What does it mean I've been "tagged" in this thread? I haven't even posted here... (until now)
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    What does it mean I've been "tagged" in this thread? I haven't even posted here... (until now)
    When you add a person's name to the "tags" they get a notification.

It's a new feature.

The idea's to let one user quickly notify another that there's a thread he should check out.

I tagged you and everybody else listed up there, because I wanted your opinion on this.

P.S. And for anyone I didn't tag, don't worry, it's not because you've been denied entry to the kool klub.

I just tagged everybody who answered "Other" in afwjam's recent poll about who you're voting for in November.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-05-2016 at 01:06 AM.

That's about as bad a strategic move as it gets.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    That's about as bad a strategic move as it gets.
    Will you be voting for Trump?

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the thread and idea. I'm certainly not opposed to it, some thoughts...

- This would certainly be an open system, not just for one party.
    - People can already promote any candidate that receives a positive evaluation within our formal system, this wouldn't preclude promotions to just one person.
    - The goal won't be to try to focus acceptance / conformity, but highlight what is seen as excellence.

A key issue would be the process used. A few thoughts on that...
    - Anything done should build off of our candidate evaluation system. Maybe start there as a baseline and do point-vs-point comparisons being as objective as possible. This would have a side benefit of improving out evaluation methodology.
    - At some level, there has to be a subjective judgement call, the question is, who makes that call? While the site staff doesn't have interest in being control freaks, there has to be some combination of membership involvement and final staff sign-off, which could largely be token but necessary to prevent going off-course. For membership voting, I would suggest that voting be limited to members that actively contribute to the data gathering and evaluation process.
    - An ideal process should be fun, educational and not over-the-top in effort needed. One system that may work is to do multiple head-to-head comparisons and develop a liberty candidate leaderboard of sorts. At the deadline, who ever is at the top of the leaderboard would be the top choice for a site endorsement.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I don't know why the LP or CP wait so long to choose a nominee. With the hindrances against third parties it seems to me that it would make sense to choose very early (like 1 yr. or more) so that a movement can be created behind a candidate.
    I agree, but conversely a strong and timely analysis can help in this process.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    As long as RPF doesn't endorse Trump or Clinton, I'm fine with it..
    That won't be an issue:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ial-Candidates
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    When you add a person's name to the "tags" they get a notification.

It's a new feature.

The idea's to let one user quickly notify another that there's a thread he should check out.

I tagged you and everybody else listed up there, because I wanted your opinion on this.

P.S. And for anyone I didn't tag, don't worry, it's not because you've been denied entry to the kool klub.

I just tagged everybody who answered "Other" in afwjam's recent poll about who you're voting for in November.
    Oh, ok. Well my opinion is that "Ron Paul Forums" can do whatever the person or persons who control it want to do. My personal opinion on this lost election is if I bother to vote at all it will be to write in Ron Paul...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    Ron Paul 2016

Because we need you
    Quote Originally Posted by iNoob View Post
    Ron Paul 2016.

NOBP
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

gosh......we've set the bar so high with someone like Ron that it's very difficult to gain a consensus. Think about how hard it was to rally around Rand. I wouldn't go ape crap if this forum were to rally around Gary Johnson or McAfee.

At this time my choices are NOTA. It's not because I don't think some of the third party guys wouldn't be infinitely better than the two douchebags we have, it's that the key time period to gain traction has passed and I just don't care enough about the faux process that culminates in November to take time out of my life to go play the bull$#@! freedom game.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

No
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Waste of effort.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Waste of effort.
    Please elaborate?

Think it is better to focus on down ballot stuff instead of the presidential race since so many people are going to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    In 2008, Ron Paul endorsed Constitutional Party candidate Chuck Baldwin: http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-09-23/ron-paul-endorses-chuck-baldwin-for-president/

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    Please elaborate?
    Because it will have no sufficiency of effect. This election is by all means going to boil down to Trump v. Clinton, barring some event cataclysmic to one or both of those dubious choices. By all means vote your conscience, whatever the case. Make endorsements if it makes you happy. I just find that I have better things to do with my time, like set myself on fire or drown in the toilet bowl.

Today, my goal is to hone a philosophical basis for living properly among one's fellows, and perhaps make some effort to disseminate that framework as broadly as possible. At the end of the day, I am only a man. Changing the world requires many hands.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Will you be voting for Trump?
    Actually, I meant to post this in the 'Rand should join #NeverTrump" thread. Who RPF supports isn't a concern of mine.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12