Thread: Mandatory Draft Registration: A Victory For Women?

Mandatory Draft Registration: A Victory For Women?

Mandatory Draft Registration: A Victory For Women?

Forcing young women to also register with Selective Service is, among some, being touted as some sort of victory for gender equality. Is forcing women into involuntary servitude for the state something a free society should take pride in? Where are those making the larger philosophical point that if we do not own our own bodies and time and lives, what kind of liberty do we have?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Equality - it be a b!tch.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I do not see it as a victory for anyone. If your state is worth defending people will volunteer with pay.If it is not , draftees will not help.

I call foul on thread title, which should read:

Mandatory draft registration: a victory for ST00PID WOMYN

False advertising FAIL.

1/2
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

We don't have a draft.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    We don't have a draft.
    Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Yet.
    Aye captain, the correct qualifier.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We don't have a draft.
    Yes but we have a draft registration.

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    Yes but we have a draft registration.
    Nobody is conscripted into the military and has not been since I was in high school.
    #NashvilleStrong

Nobody is conscripted into the military and has not been since I was in high school.
    But your government feels hey have the authority to, hence the registration. Going against the 13th amendment of course.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

You forget about the economic conscription.

Not the same thing. Try to stick to the point.
    #NashvilleStrong

Not the same thing. Try to stick to the point.
    It is part of the point. The reason they want us to register is so they can come find us when/if a draft occurs.

It could happen tomorrow, since everybody is all signed up.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."