Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Shapiro: Trump Just Burned Down Conservatism. The Time To Rebuild Begins Now.

Ben Shapiro: Trump Just Burned Down Conservatism. The Time To Rebuild Begins Now.

Trump Just Burned Down Conservatism. The Time To Rebuild Begins Now.

So, Donald Trump is the nominee.

After all the fighting, after all the lies, after all the conspiracy theories and bloviating and position-shifting and progressivism, after all the insults and racist pandering and economic illiteracy, after all the cruelty and full-fledged stupidity, Donald Trump is the nominee.

What does this mean?

It means that standing against Trump means more than ever.

Early in this race, I stated repeatedly that the way to defeat Trump would be to point out to Republican primary voters that he wasn’t conservative. After all, I reasoned, conservative voters were outraged with the Republican establishment that had caved over and over to President Obama; they’d want to nominate someone who wouldn’t cut deals with the wild leftists of the Democratic Party.

I got it wrong.

It turns out that a huge bulk of Trump supporters don’t care that he’s a leftist. They think he’s a tough guy who will fight for them; they think he’ll fulfill the promise emblazoned on his ridiculous red “Make America Great Again” hats. They buy his two-bit promises, his stripper glitter showmanship, his foghorn bravado. And they do so because they don’t give two good damns about conservatism.

As the man who calls Trump “Daddy,” Milo Yiannopoulos, tweets:

The alt-right, for those who missed it, is a group of white supremacists uniting under the banner of resistance to both Constitutionalism and the cultural left. These are the people Yiannopoulos cheerily touts as the future: an ugly agglomeration of intelligent skinheads, white supremacists, morons who conflate everything vile with political incorrectness, and the odd Hitler fan or two.

Yiannopoulos is right about one thing: the Trump movement rejects conservatism. They don’t care about the Constitution – it’s a passé document that must be discarded in favor of a Dear Leader who can lead America back to Greatness. They don’t care about the Declaration of Independence – they are an interest group, and they want their payoff. They don’t care about traditional concepts of negative rights, or economic freedom, or foreign policy strength.

They don’t care about conservatives.

So conservatives must stand against them. As I replied to Milo:

Trump’s “something new” is something quite old, and quite un-American. If conservatives want a future, they must stand against him and his corrupt, bankrupt philosophy.

2016 could have been a time to reap the harvest of conservatism. Instead, Trump burned down the field.

It's time to plant anew. We should do so with alacrity rather than embracing the man holding the match.
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/5430/t...ld-ben-shapiro
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, Milo is worse than I thought.
    Stop believing stupid things

This is a big deal. Ben Shapiro is very perceptive brain within zionism movement, his reading of situation cannot be ignored.

Unless he meant this?

"Ben Shapiro: Trump Just Burned Down Neo-Conservatism. The Time To Rebuild Begins Now."

Related

Ben Shapiro: Obama White House is ‘borderline a Jew-hating administration’
    July 11, 2014 by Tom Tillison
    Truth Revolt editor Ben Shapiro held nothing back in offering a tough assessment of the Obama administration‘s response to the terrorist group Hamas attacking Israel, saying it’s a borderline “Jew-hating administration.”
    http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/07/...tration-130914

After all the fighting, after all the lies, after all the conspiracy theories and bloviating and position-shifting and progressivism, after all the insults and racist pandering and economic illiteracy, after all the cruelty and full-fledged stupidity, Donald Trump is the nominee.

What does this mean?

It means that standing against Trump means more than ever.
    Damn straight

Trump didn't burn down conservatism. We're still here. And he didn't burn down neoconservatism. Hillary is still here.

But if we play our cards right, Trump did burn down the GOP. All we have to do is laugh at them--and pray the LP nominates someone good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I LOL'd:

The GOP will lose 15-30% Trump or no Trump.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Spoken like the neocon that Shapiro is.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Neocon Trump supported the neocon wars in Iraq and Libya and has neocon advisors.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not a big fan of Ben Shapiro, but he is right about a lot of things.
    Stop believing stupid things

"Why listen to them (neoconservatives), they've been wrong in everything they've said" - Ron Paul (from memory)

If pointing out how someone isn't a conservative worked, we wouldn't of had Romney in '12, or McCain in '08

Elections haven't been about political ideology for many years now. It's been an us vs them argument. Dividing people into groups, to fight other groups. Trump found the largest group of people, that just want to destroy everything and start over with a deal maker.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Luieburger

The GOP is paying the price for shunning real conservatives like Ron Paul. Instead of growing the party in 2012, they turned us all away. Now they're dealing with something much bigger and much more dangerous to the party.

Either way. What choice do we have? Trump, Hillary, or Gary Johnson. In other words, you're either realistic, bitter, or ideological.

Quote Originally Posted by Luieburger View Post
    The GOP is paying the price for shunning real conservatives like Ron Paul. Instead of growing the party in 2012, they turned us all away. Now they're dealing with something much bigger and much more dangerous to the party.

Either way. What choice do we have? Trump, Hillary, or Gary Johnson. In other words, you're either realistic, bitter, or ideological.
    John McAfee please

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    "Why listen to them (neoconservatives), they've been wrong in everything they've said" - Ron Paul (from memory)

If pointing out how someone isn't a conservative worked, we wouldn't of had Romney in '12, or McCain in '08

Elections haven't been about political ideology for many years now. It's been an us vs them argument. Dividing people into groups, to fight other groups. Trump found the largest group of people, that just want to destroy everything and start over with a deal maker.
    You're absolutely right that there has been no room for principle, competence or sanity in this divide and conquer media climate.

But you're absolutely wrong about the six percent of the population who foisted this practical joke on us being anything like the largest group of voters in this nation.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

This guys is like, really, really late to be crying about the death of conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Luieburger View Post

That makes no sense.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    That makes no sense.
    Now substitute the Powers that Be and their lapdog propaganda machine media for "the GOP" and you'll find it makes perfect sense--if you're intellectually honest about it.

Of course, the Powers that Be would much rather sacrifice the GOP than see it return to its principles, because the GOP's principles are anti-totalitarian, and the current Powers that Be are completely totalitarian. The so-called GOPe is nothing but a roomful of stooges.

Now they have sacrificed the GOP, and I say good riddance. Rebuild the GOP? Raze it to the foundation and replace it with something real, I say.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That makes no sense.
    It makes perfect sense to me.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Wow, Milo is worse than I thought.
    The man's only real appeal is that he says outrageous things you wouldn't expect a gay man or an ordinary man for that matter to say. It doesn't really have to make any sense or be right but it would shock you. I think one time during a political discussion that he revealed that he has had more than a dozen black men inside him. On hearing this, you might think he was trying to ward of accusation of racism or something of that nature. But he said it for no real reason other than to shock the hell out of you.

It just has to be said in a British accent and the gullible masses buy into it.

That makes no sense.
    Makes sense to me, too. Not sure what you're finding difficult.

The party is smaller, but their problem is bigger.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Trump didn't burn down conservatism. We're still here. And he didn't burn down neoconservatism. Hillary is still here.

But if we play our cards right, Trump did burn down the GOP. All we have to do is laugh at them--and pray the LP nominates someone good.
    Sounds good to me!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The man's only real appeal is that he says outrageous things you wouldn't expect a gay man or an ordinary man for that matter to say. It doesn't really have to make any sense or be right but it would shock you. I think one time during a political discussion that he revealed that he has had more than a dozen black men inside him. On hearing this, you might think he was trying to ward of accusation of racism or something of that nature. But he said it for no real reason other than to shock the hell out of you.

It just has to be said in a British accent and the gullible masses buy into it.

Lol, knowing he's had a dozen black men inside of him makes him what exactly? Tis a strange time we're living in.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Neocon Trump supported the neocon wars in Iraq and Libya.
    Please be aware that Trump had absolutely no control or influence over what Congress and the Presidents did. Having an opinion about something someone else decided is not *support*.

The Republican Party has not been conservative for over forty years. They are just as big government as Democrats. They just want to use the force of government against citizens in different ways.

What Trump is doing is exactly what we want. We want an end to the GOP as we know it. I just hope Ron Paul and other liberty thinkers are ready for the opportunity that will present itself this summer. The entire RNC needs to be replaced with liberty minded people. Taking pot shots at Trump is not going to accomplish that.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Please be aware that Trump had absolutely no control or influence over what Congress and the Presidents did. Having an opinion about something someone else decided is not *support*.

The Republican Party has not been conservative for over forty years. They are just as big government as Democrats. They just want to use the force of government against citizens in different ways.

What Trump is doing is exactly what we want. We want an end to the GOP as we know it. I just hope Ron Paul and other liberty thinkers are ready for the opportunity that will present itself this summer. The entire RNC needs to be replaced with liberty minded people. Taking pot shots at Trump is not going to accomplish that.
    How's the RNC going to be replaced with liberty people when the Trump voters keep nominating establishment hacks like this?

So that Senate seat is guaranteed to be filled by a establishment GOP or partisan D.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    That's an interesting bit of sophistry. I don't buy it. Obama decided to appoint Vilsack as Secretary of Agriculture, but I don't see how any rational person can argue with a straight face that the executives of Monsanto didn't support that decision--or that their campaign contributions didn't have something to do with the decision being made.

I also don't buy the idea that someone who consistently speaks in favor of things that are wrong should be trusted because he only spoke in favor of them, but didn't actually cause them to happen. One must assume that, if he only speaks in favor of what is wrong, he stands a pretty good chance of doing what is wrong if given the opportunity.

And replacing the RNC is not something that the American people have the power to do. Replacing the GOP, on the other hand, the American people can do. Just as the American people replaced the Whig Party.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Ben "NEOCON" "War in Iraq" "Go to War with Iran" "I Love War" "I love foreign aid" "Ignore the debt" "Ignore the founders" "Apologize for Israel" Shapiro wants to see what is burning down conservatism, he need only look in the mirror.

Shapiro has no concept of conservatism. He is a bonafide neoconservative sacrifice America , spend at all costs for neocon imperialism. He is an antithesis of conservatism.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Trump likely profited from the Iraq invasion. The day after, he was bragging about how much money the markets were going to make.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This is a big deal. Ben Shapiro is very perceptive brain within zionism movement, his reading of situation cannot be ignored.
    Yeah, this quote from Ben should be turned into the neoconservative slogan:

I got it wrong.
    Bet Ben thought the Fiorina choice by Cruz was a good idea too...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I don't always agree with Milo but he's indeed right about the fact that it's Shapiro's wing of the party that failed to protect us from the left. This article is more about them repositioning themselves to be leaders in what rises from the ashes.

They did it with the TEA Party, and they'll do it again. All while the libertarians run purity tests and denounce everybody except Ron Paul as fit to hold office.

So basically the neocons and the alt-right are gonna war for the GOP over the next decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    If Ben "NEOCON" "War in Iraq" "Go to War with Iran" "I Love War" "I love foreign aid" "Ignore the debt" "Ignore the founders" "Apologize for Israel" Shapiro wants to see what is burning down conservatism, he need only look in the mirror.

Shapiro has no concept of conservatism. He is a bonafide neoconservative sacrifice America , spend at all costs for neocon imperialism. He is an antithesis of conservatism.
    That is very unfair to him, he understands what it means to be a conservative but he has carved out an exception when it comes to Israel. He understands fully just like Trump that in order to give handouts abroad, you have to cut domestic spending.

These people are not completely ignorant (maybe Trump is), they just doing anyway because their loyalty is not with America or the American people but a foreign country.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast