46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrat - Hillary Clinton

0 0%
  • Republican - Donald Trump

4 8.70%
  • Other...

42 91.30%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will you vote for the establishment candidates Trump and Hillary?

Will you vote for the establishment candidates Trump and Hillary?

So now we know Trump will most likely be the GOP nominee. I want to know if Ron Paul Forums will participate in the establishment offering or something else?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Other, Libertarian Party.

I of course will vote Libertarian if McAfee gets the nomination, or Austin I guess. If Gary gets the nomination I will vote Constitution party for Castle.

Patrick Henry spoke for most of us. Around the founding of this nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Interesting, so far not a single vote for Hillary or Trump.

Can I have the option of keeping Obama? The third parties aren't going to do well

No Hillary supporters? I was told there were many.

My answer is neither- I'm not voting.

Maybe there'll be a grassroots push for Bernie. He has a least an ounce of honesty about him.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will hold my nose and vote against Hillary, no I won't I probably will just work.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Interesting, so far not a single vote for Hillary or Trump.
    No shiit. Here's why:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...es-into-effect

^ People are less likely to "vote" or "speak their minds" if there is fear of reprisal...

"Tis true, tis sad; tis sad tis true."

Does Sanders have any semblance of a chance to get a contested convention with these smaller wins he keeps getting? I mean, if anything, it would be a shot in the arm to his supporters, but I'm guessing Clinton thought she'd be through with him by now.

Now is a good year as ever for libertarians to actually vote for the Libertarian party

i don't believe trump is establishments 1st choice. I will vote trump just to cause a $#@! storm.....bring on the protesters.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

If I could vote it would be either Libertarian or Constitution Party, depends on the actual candidate
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

Being in NJ, Clinton wonderland, I will most likely be so pissed off at my fellow humans I will vote for Donald Trump out of spite. Unless something happens before then.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At ten percent, the trump supporters here must be the irate and tireless minority keen to set the brushfires of authoritarianism in the minds of RPF majority Liberty supporters. Will the ninty percent give in, or will they stick to their principles?

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    i don't believe trump is establishments 1st choice. I will vote trump just to cause a $#@! storm.....bring on the protesters.
    Of course he is, he funded them:

And the Dems currently running the executive, he got them elected (the ones who aren't locked up):

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Honestly this poll is great news! We still have a Liberty Coalition folks. For those that care about an election, now might be the time to leave this establishment forum section and move over to the Liberty candidate section. If your not a huge Gary Johnson fan, then McAfee needs your support, it is time for us to fire up the grassroots again and fight for something we believe in. It would be funny if we leave the 3-5 Trump supporters in this section alone to talk to themselves and accuse each other of supporting Hillary. The truth being they might really all support her.

Libertarian

I think I messed up, in the next poll I will make Trump/Hillary the same option and add more options for other... This would help us grasp where are coalition really stands, because most members here do not support the Trump/Hillary establishment, thank god.

What a dishonest poll question. Since it editorializes that both Trump and Hillary are establishment, when Trump's status in that regard is deeply disputed, it will mainly attract the partisans who agree with it, and thus create a biased result. You might as well title another thread, "Will you vote for the racist candidates Ron and Rand Paul?"
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    What a dishonest poll question. Since it editorializes that both Trump and Hillary are establishment, when Trump's status in that regard is deeply disputed, it will mainly attract the partisans who agree with it, and thus create a biased result. You might as well title another thread, "Will you vote for the racist candidates Ron and Rand Paul?"
    Trump is most definitely "establishment"; he funds incumbents and hacks against grassroots challengers like Stulzman, plays golf and texts with John Boehner, hangs out with Clintons, etc.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump is most definitely "establishment"; he funds incumbents and hacks against grassroots challengers like Stulzman, plays golf and texts with John Boehner, hangs out with Clintons, etc.
    By that weak tea standard, Rand is "establishment," as he has hung with McConnell, sought money from Trump, met with Netanyahu, etc. The issue is not if there have been 'guilt by association' moments in somebody's history where they interacted and worked with hacks or engaged TPTB, the issue is on balance where are they NOW, or what is their NET position and influence vis a vis the establishment. The elites have just spent 10 months of monumental effort and hundreds of millions trying to stop Trump, a clear sign Trump is not, or no longer establishment. Since the subject is definitely debatable, it is misleading to pack that presumption into a poll question, just sayin'.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 05-04-2016 at 12:50 PM.

I will definitely not vote for Hillary Clinton. The jury is out on the rest. Constitution Party is on the table at our house.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I have to say this poll is impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    The elites has just spent 10 months of monumental effort and hundreds of millions trying to stop Trump, a clear sign Trump is not, or no longer establishment. Since the subject is definitely debatable, it is misleading to pack that presumption into a poll question, just sayin'.
    You're kidding, right?! They've given him BILLIONS in ads! Maybe Trillions. Corporate-owned media has been flooding their airwaves with the name "Trump" for months. Whether of not the "establishment" supports Trump is beyond debate. They do. What you are arguing is which faction of the establishment is supporting Trump.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    You're kidding, right?! They've given him BILLIONS in ads! Maybe Trillions. Corporate-owned media has been flooding their airwaves with the name "Trump" for months. Whether of not the "establishment" supports Trump is beyond debate. They do. What you are arguing is which faction of the establishment is supporting Trump.
    Maybe we need a thread made for the purpose of discussing and defining what "establishment" actually means and who the "establishment" is. Clearly one of the main issues in most of our discussion of Trump is that those of us who are not falling for the Trump show have a different idea of what establishment is than those who keep parroting the Trump establishment talking points.

Edit: I guess this covers it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Trump has given the media BILLIONS in ratings and entertainment value through his appearances this year, and in fact across the previous years. It's called an exchange, or market transaction. Again, by this same weak standard, whether or not the "establishment" supports Rand is beyond debate, the only question is why the McConnell faction of the establishment is supporting Rand.

P.S.: Trump tweeted this about Ron in 2011:

"RonPaul has some serious ideas which deserve serious consideration. Wrong for media to ignore him."

So does this make Ron Paul establishment?
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 05-04-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast