Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz Suspends Presidential Campaign

Ted Cruz Suspends Presidential Campaign

Ted Cruz Suspends Presidential Campaign

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/03/

Edit: They updated their link. Jan2017 has the correct link (thanks Jan2017) which is: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/03/ted-c...-campaign.html
    Last edited by charrob; 05-03-2016 at 06:51 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Oh . ..

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/03/ted-c...-campaign.html

Ted Cruz suspends presidential campaign: NBC

Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas is suspending his campaign to be the GOP presidential nominee,
    NBC News reported on Tuesday night, citing a high level source.

Ted Cruz dropping out of the Republican presidential race
    The exit comes after a series of desperate moves to keep his candidacy afloat in recent weeks, including naming
    former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina as his running mate in a bizarre announcement where Cruz spoke for a half hour
    and Fiorina sang to his young daughters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...2df_story.html

Last edited by Jan2017; 05-03-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Page not found?

Doesn't matter. Trump has the numbers now, IMHO.

His funding dried up. Donors are trying to save the majorities in the House and Senate.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2nd link is working.

Damn, this means I will have to vote for Hitlery

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    2nd link is working.

Damn, this means I will have to vote for Hitlery
    Why?

Anti Trump/Hillary people are looking for an alternative. It could be LP, or different candidates in different states.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I called this last week.

I predicted a few months ago that Kasich would be the last man standing against Trump. No one took me seriously.
    Stop believing stupid things

I'm a little surprised, thought he'd hang on a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Anti Trump/Hillary people are looking for an alternative. It could be LP, or different candidates in different states.
    LP all the way.

We should be able to set a record this year.

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz (R-TX) speaks with supporters of fellow candidate Donald Trump at a campaign event outside The Mill in Marion, Indiana, U.S., May 2, 2016.
    Aaron P. Bernstein | Reuters
    Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz (R-TX) speaks with supporters of fellow candidate Donald Trump at a campaign event outside The Mill in Marion, Indiana, U.S., May 2, 2016.
    Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas said Tuesday night that he was suspending his campaign to be the GOP presidential candidate.

Earlier in the evening NBC News projected that Donald Trump would easily win the GOP primary in Indiana.
    "From the beginning I've said that I would continue on as long as there was a viable path to victory. Tonight, I'm sorry to say, it appears that path has been foreclosed," Cruz said during a Tuesday night speech. "The voters chose another path, and so with a heavy heart, but with boundless optimism for the long-term future of our nation, we are suspending our campaign."

* See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Jan2017

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    That geezer was cruising for a bruising!
    - “Money” by Pink Floyd

I predicted back in 2011 that Cruz would suspend after Indiana, leaving Trump and Kasich.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Why?
    Just to make sure that trump doesn't win the general elections. You might wonder what difference it makes to someone like me who has made the allegation that Trump is a Clinton plant i.e. Trump or Clinton will deliver virtually the same result. But it makes a big difference to his supporters and it would bring great pleasure to me if I can derail their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I predicted back in 2011 that Cruz would suspend after Indiana, leaving Trump and Kasich.
    Somehow I doubt that.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I predicted a few months ago that Kasich would be the last man standing against Trump. No one took me seriously.
    With Cruz out, Kasich cannot stop Trump from accumulating the pledged delegates amounting to 1237+

Stand by for wailing, gnashing of teeth, and massive buyer's remorse on the part of party stalwarts and significant portion of Trump insurgents as well.

Trump likely goes down to massive defeat and loses the Republican Senate majority, possibly the House majority too.

Triumph of the morons. H.L. Mencken vindicated.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

And Fiorina had just gotten started on her Vice Presidential nomination acceptance speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Somehow I doubt that.
    That would make you a Doubting Tywysog

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I saw this in a vision I had during a Ron Paul rally in 2008.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Luieburger

Well we have two choices now. Trump, or Gary Johnson. Feel free to vote ideologically if you live in a solid Blue or Red state, but if you live in a swing state please think long and hard about who you want as president over the next 4-8 years. I say it's time to unite. At least the guy is against nation-building.

The voters have spoken. Ted Cruz didn't do a single thing to expand his base after Iowa. Truly a massive failure.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Camacho 2016
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    With Cruz out, Kasich cannot stop Trump from accumulating the pledged delegates amounting to 1237+

Stand by for wailing, gnashing of teeth, and massive buyer's remorse on the part of party stalwarts and significant portion of Trump insurgents as well.

Trump likely goes down to massive defeat and loses the Republican Senate majority, possibly the House majority too.

Triumph of the morons. H.L. Mencken vindicated.
    Kasich can stop Trump from winning the 1237 delegates. I just don't think it's likely.

The Clintons just won the white house again. It's over.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast