Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When will the inevitable endorsement come?

When will the inevitable endorsement come?

Whether you like it or not, Trump is 99% guaranteed the GOP Nomination, and Rand has pledged to support the nominee, saying multiple times after dropping out that he would. The question is when will Rand endorse Trump and what would be the best time? Either now, at the 1237 point or at the convention. Don't diss me as a trump troll, it's just realism.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How should we know?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    How should we know?
    By asking Matt.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Hopefully not before he actually wins the vote of the delegates at the convention. I see no reason at all for it to be any sooner than that.

There have been other threads regarding this issue. Another one is not needed or should be merged.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Hopefully not before he actually wins the vote of the delegates at the convention. I see no reason at all for it to be any sooner than that.
    ...I think it's actually the opposite, that there is no reason to endorse after the convention.
    If Rand wasn't in the same party or wasn't in a political position, then yeah, it's more appropriate to endorse after.
    But since he's a party member, he assumption is that he's going to support the nominee. So the only way for his endorsement to mean anything at all is if he does it before the convention.

And it has to be pointed out that it would be really nice if everyone would realize that was true in 2012, too.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    So the only way for his endorsement to mean anything at all is if he does it before the convention.
    That factored into my thinking. I want his endorsement of Trump to mean as little as possible.

He'll probably give a tacit endorsement in the next few days and that will be all that is said about it.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope he just "supports the Republican nominee" but never mentions him by name and doesn't call it an "endorsement".
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Rand Paul's future endorsement of Donald Trump

This thread is for discussion of the inevitable. Rand Paul will be endorsing Donald Trump

Paul, during a visit to Northern Kentucky Friday morning, said he will support whoever is the Republican nominee, even if it’s Donald Trump. He said it’s better than supporting Democrat Hillary Clinton.
    http://hotair.com/archives/2016/04/0...s-the-nominee/

So when do you all think the endorsement is going to come and what words will he say to support Trump? and what will his father say when he gets asked about it?

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

It will come before election day! Probably around the time of the official nomination like the Romney endorsement.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    rep +infinity

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    This thread is for discussion of the inevitable. Rand Paul will be endorsing Donald Trump

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/04/0...s-the-nominee/

So when do you all think the endorsement is going to come and what words will he say to support Trump? and what will his father say when he gets asked about it?
    Doesn't really matter at this point. I suggested he do it right after the Northeastern Primary and if he had followed my advice he would have looked like a Kingmaker. Now he's just a johnny-come-lately following the herd. Might as well make the announcement at the Bardstown Rotary breakfast for all the good it will do him.

Here's the proof it's happening soon:
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/04/john-...test-news.html
    Ohio Gov. John Kasich plans to suspend his run to be the GOP presidential nominee, a senior campaign advisor told NBC News on Wednesday.
    but then it goes on to say
    "Our strategy has been and continues to be one that involves winning the nomination at an open convention," the Kasich campaign said.
    So there's still another guy in the race, and we have genuine confusion as to what his plans are for the near future since some people say he's out but the candidate himself hasn't said anything of the sort, so if history is any guide, it's the perfect time for Rand to endorse.

I mean, I realize he's not related to Kasich, but all the other factors are there.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Rand should endorse now to maximize his media exposure. After the nomination his endorsement would just be in a sea of other forgettable endorsements.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

He should meet with Trump first if he is going to go this route. Explain to the idiot how to beat Clinton.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    He should meet with Trump first if he is going to go this route. Explain to the idiot how to beat Clinton.
    Does the guy in the four thousand dollar suit hold the elevator for the guy that doesn't make that much in three months? Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Rand should endorse now to maximize his media exposure. After the nomination his endorsement would just be in a sea of other forgettable endorsements.
    Pretty sure if he endorses, he will want to do it as quietly as possible.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Does the guy in the four thousand dollar suit hold the elevator for the guy that doesn't make that much in three months? Come on!
    Not sure what Trump's wealth and ability to lie to Republicans has to do with Rand's ability to explain to him how to beat Clinton. Which is simply to point out how terrible on everything she is and has been.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 02:44 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    WRT Trump a sea of other forgettable endorsements might be the best place to swim.

Someone knows how to handle it:

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Someone knows how to handle it:
    The quote....the small print is difficult to read....

Jan2017

no rush to get it over, imo
    Rand has a Senate race AND is a Kentucky delegate in July in Cleveland . . . he'll get to vote for Trump's VP pick, or not, then.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand should make the endorsement as quietly and as late as possible. If Trump loses the election, Rand can be among the "I told you so" crowd, and if Trump wins and has a terrible presidency (more likely), he will be in the clear about as much as possible. On the other hand, Rand should give an endorsement on the off chance that Trump wins and does a decent job, regardless of how tepid of an endorsement.

The real question to ask is how butt-hurt are some people going to be if and when he makes the world's most tepid endorsement, and I fear the butt-hurt will be great with some.

Never, I hope.

In normal times, it makes sense to give the nominee a pro forma endorsement, whoever it is.

These aren't normal times.

There's an opportunity for someone take up a leadership role among conservative anti-Trumpers.

Who better than Rand?

But, I expect he'll take the safe route and offer a very unenthusiastic pro forma endorsement, probably in the next couple weeks.

This would be a strategic error, but I can understand why he'd do it.

He should only endorse if he gets something out of the deal, like a cabin position.

Of course Rand will endorse Trump. Anything to further and maintain his political position, what a far cry that is from his father.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Rand should make the endorsement as quietly and as late as possible. If Trump loses the election, Rand can be among the "I told you so" crowd, and if Trump wins and has a terrible presidency (more likely), he will be in the clear about as much as possible. On the other hand, Rand should give an endorsement on the off chance that Trump wins and does a decent job, regardless of how tepid of an endorsement.

The real question to ask is how butt-hurt are some people going to be if and when he makes the world's most tepid endorsement, and I fear the butt-hurt will be great with some.
    I agree with this. Rand has already said he will support the eventual nominee. So it is going to happen and the "butt-hurt" is wasted ache. Quietly and late. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Never, I hope.

In normal times, it makes sense to give the nominee a pro forma endorsement, whoever it is.

These aren't normal times.

There's an opportunity for someone take up a leadership role among conservative anti-Trumpers.

Who better than Rand?

But, I expect he'll take the safe route and offer a very unenthusiastic pro forma endorsement, probably in the next couple weeks.

This would be a strategic error, but I can understand why he'd do it.
    Agree, and....

Let us pray.
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast