Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin

Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin

Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin

By Nolan D. McCaskill

05/03/16 07:36 AM EDT

Donald Trump on Tuesday alleged that Ted Cruz’s father was with John F. Kennedy’s assassin shortly before he murdered the president, parroting a National Enquirer story claiming that Rafael Cruz was pictured with Lee Harvey Oswald handing out pro-Fidel Castro pamphlets in New Orleans in 1963.

A Cruz campaign spokesperson told the Miami Herald, which pointed out numerous flaws in the Enquirer story, that it was “another garbage story in a tabloid full of garbage.”

“His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” Trump said Tuesday during a phone interview with Fox News. “What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody even brings it up. They don't even talk about that. That was reported, and nobody talks about it.”

“I mean, what was he doing — what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?” Trump continued. “It’s horrible.”

Trump’s tangent followed his rebuke of Rafael Cruz using the pulpit to court evangelicals for his son.

“I implore, I exhort every member of the body of Christ to vote according to the word of God and vote for the candidate that stands on the word of God and on the Constitution of the United States of America,” Rafael Cruz said in a video clip aired by Fox News. “And I am convinced that man is my son, Ted Cruz. The alternative could be the destruction of America.”

Asked to respond, Trump called it a disgrace. “I think it’s a disgrace that he’s allowed to do it. I think it’s a disgrace that he’s allowed to say it,” he said, before touting his support from Jerry Falwell Jr. and other evangelical leaders.

“You look at so many of the ministers that are backing me, and they’re backing me more so than they’re backing Cruz, and I’m winning the evangelical vote,” Trump continued. “It's disgraceful that his father can go out and do that. And just — and so many people are angry about it. And the evangelicals are angry about it, the way he does that.”

“But I think it's horrible,” he added. “I think it's absolutely horrible that a man can go and do that, what he's saying there.”
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-g...-father-222730
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I wouldn't doubt it to be honest, but I don't know enough about it to speculate.

I think he may have $#@!ed up with this one. The people who were starting to think he might be a serious candidate are backing away slowly.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Trump needs to just stop talking.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Lol. That'd be like asking the sun not to rise.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I think he may have $#@!ed up with this one. The people who were starting to think he might be a serious candidate are backing away slowly.
    Not so fast. Trump is a master troll. His opponents are mostly attacking strawmen he planted for them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Did Ted Cruz's nose do 9/11?

What will master Trump reveal to us next?

Bush Sr. was an expert marksman, he was in town that day too. He became President and so did his son. Wouldn't be that surprising. It does look like him in the photo.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Rafael Bienvenido needs to do more talking - answering questions specifically. Is it him in the photo (?) -
    Cruz an associate of Oswald who should have been registered with the Selective Service as a resident alien - it was one reason for the move to Canada by Papa Cruz at age 28 four years later.

Reportedly, the FBI never identified the people in the Aug. 16, 1963 photo that were with Oswald . . . yes, Rafael B. Cruz was in New Orleans.

Oswald had been arrested the previous week on Aug 9 with his Cuban "employees", but Cruz wasn't with them. Oswald was fined $10, btw.

Last edited by Jan2017; 05-03-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Trump is the master of reverse triangluation. He says domething "outrageous" that generates an overheated and opposite reaction, which leads to the public responding to the matter somewhere in the sensible middle---but a middle that is closer to where Trump is. Ultimately, regular people will ask, okay, forget both the charge, and the media overreaction to it. Just what is Cruz's father doing standing next to Lee Harvey Oswald, anyway?
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Trump is the master of reverse triangluation. He says domething "outrageous" that generates an overheated and opposite reaction, which leads to the public responding to the matter somewhere in the sensible middle---but a middle that is closer to where Trump is. Ultimately, regular people will ask, okay, forget both the charge, and the media overreaction to it. Just what is Cruz's father doing standing next to Lee Harvey Oswald, anyway?
    Now leesee......where to start......

Guilty by association.
    Guilty before proven innocent.
    Guilty for being related.

Making America Great Again.

And then there's the Bush family selling weapons to the Nazis- but that's cool, 'cause they're real Making-America-Great-Again citizens.

And, last, we all know Kennedy was shot by a lone nut and that the gov would never lie to us.

Yep-

Making America Great Again.
    There is no spoon.

Actually, all Trump said - in a round about way - is "That was reported, and nobody talks about it.”

He didn't create the story, but he is asking why no one is asking questions, when it is obvious that Cruz's father had a reason for fleeing to Canada, not signing up for selective service (a crime), and not applying for us citizenship for a couple of decades later- all after fighting for Castro in Cuba (a story itself as sketchy as the mother's english life).

Since no one is asking questions, he's upping the notch.

But it isn't his story - so it isn't his accusation or even question as the case may be.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 05-03-2016 at 11:02 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Actually, all Trump said - in a round about way - is "That was reported, and nobody talks about it.”

He didn't create the story, but he is asking why no one is asking questions, when it is obvious that Cruz's father had a reason for fleeing to Canada, not signing up for selective service (a crime), and not applying for us citizenship for a couple of decades later- all after fighting for Castro in Cuba (a story itself as sketchy as the mother's english life).

But it isn't his story - so it isn't his accusation or even question as the case may be.
    Thanks for the clarification, there were no quotes posted so I had a feeling this was another case of the typical posters here spouting off the bull$#@! mainstream media narrative.

You guys are doing a real service to Trump by playing the game, CPUd I'm talking to you.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Of course Trump is gonna say it that way. It's the same strategy he used when he brought up Cruz being canadian born. He has to phrase it that way to give himself cover, while putting the thought into people's minds. That strategy obviously works on people like you who don't realize what he's doing.

No one asks why Oswald was associating with a known CIA 'handler', or why he was carrying the same sort of ID card as known CIA asset Francis Gary Powers, or why the motorcade route was changed in the last minute to slow way down and move to a side street right in front of the depository with an unsigned order, or how Oswald knew Jack Ruby, or what George H. W. Bush was doing on the scene, either. Yet all Teh Donald seems curious about is his opponent's father.

Why do you suppose that is?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, there were no quotes posted so I had a feeling this was another case of the typical posters here spouting off the bull$#@! mainstream media narrative.
    1. The OP contains quotes.

2. Why do you suppose the only unanswered question of that day in Dallas that Trump seems interested in is, 'Was my opponent's father handing out leaflets with the patsy the week before in New Orleans?'
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-03-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    Of course Trump is gonna say it that way. It's the same strategy he used when he brought up Cruz being canadian born. He has to phrase it that way to give himself cover, while putting the thought into people's minds. That strategy obviously works on people like you who don't realize what he's doing.
    What he is doing is rightly pointing out that the media ignores certain topics. Trump is correct on this. I'm not a Trump supporter because he supports torture and is not very libertarian, but there are a lot of legitimate reasons to like the guy and what he does with the media is one of those things there is to like.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No one asks why Oswald was associating with a known CIA 'handler', or why he was carrying the same sort of ID card as known CIA asset Francis Gary Powers, or why the motorcade route was changed in the last minute to slow way down and move to a side street right in front of the depository with an unsigned order, or how Oswald knew Jack Ruby, or what George H. W. Bush was doing on the scene, either. Yet all Teh Donald seems curious about is his opponent's father.

Why do you suppose that is?
    I suppose it is because his opponent is running for President and this was a new information NOT widely released by the media. Why would Donald Trump randomly bring $#@! up that was known decades ago?

The $#@! people attack Donald Trump for on this forum is getting ridiculous. Attack him because of torture, spying and strong executive powers. Don't attack him on the bull$#@! the media is attacking him on, or you are just playing into their game and helping him get elected. I'm talking to you CPUd.

I suppose it is because his opponent is running for President and this was a new information NOT widely released by the media. Why would Donald Trump randomly bring $#@! up that was known decades ago?
    Why, indeed?

Or did you think the information that R. Cruz handed out leaflets with the patsy in New Orleans was locked in Capone's vault, and Geraldo just unearthed it?

2. Why do you suppose the only unanswered question of that day in Dallas that Trump seems interested in is, 'Was my opponent's father handing out leaflets with the patsy the week before in New Orleans?'
    Because it's a current event? Opponents in political races tend to attack each other? What is the big surprise?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because it's a current event?
    I was a month old and I now have gray hair. How is it a current event?

I was a month old and I now have gray hair. How is it a current event?
    A month ago is pretty current compared to stuff that has been known for decades.

A month ago is pretty current compared to stuff that has been known for decades.
    Dude. Clean the wax out of your ears.

Who was hanging with Oswald in 1963 has been known since 1963. Since, in fact, before I was born, though no one much cared until a month after my now gray-haired ass was born. Not a month ago. A month after I was born over fifty-two years ago.

How is this a current event? And what difference does this make to this election, given that the fact that Dubya's daddy was in it up to his eyeballs, yet no one considered it relevant to Dubya's election?

Did we get the question this time, or do I need to find a third way to ask it?

Dude. Clean the wax out of your ears.

Who was hanging with Oswald in 1963 has been known since 1963. Since, in fact, before I was born, though no one much cared until a month after my now gray-haired ass was born. Not a month ago. A month after I was born over fifty-two years ago.

How is this a current event? And what difference does this make to this election, given that the fact that Dubya's daddy was in it up to his eyeballs, yet no one considered it relevant to Dubya's election?

Did we get the question this time, or do I need to find a third way to ask it?
    Really? I have never seen anything that identified the people standing around Oswald in that photo before a few weeks ago.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Rafael Bienvenido needs to do more talking - answering questions specifically. Is it him in the photo (?) -
    Cruz an associate of Oswald who should have been registered with the Selective Service as a resident alien - it was one reason for the move to Canada by Papa Cruz at age 28 four years later.

Reportedly, the FBI never identified the people in the Aug. 16, 1963 photo that were with Oswald . . . yes, Rafael B. Cruz was in New Orleans.

Oswald had been arrested the previous week on Aug 9 with his Cuban "employees", but Cruz wasn't with them. Oswald was fined $10, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    If these photos were taken around the same time, they aren't of the same person. Hairlines are clearly different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Really? I have never seen anything that identified the people standing around Oswald in that photo before a few weeks ago.
    Well. I guess if you never saw it, that photo didn't exist all this time.

In which case, it's certainly a current event. But the big news isn't Rafael Cruz' actions, but rather who has been faking old photographs and leaking them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast