View Poll Results: Will Trump really work to “Make America Great Again”?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • If elected the answer is Yes.

4 21.05%
  • If elected the answer is No.

13 68.42%
  • I don't know

2 10.53%

Thread: Will Trump really work to “Make America Great Again”? .

Will Trump really work to “Make America Great Again”? .

I believe there are some fundamental changes needed to be made to Make America Great Again, some of which would neuter our Washington Establishment's iron fist which is now firmly clenched around the American People's necks.

Work to enact federal tax reform which withdraws Congress’ power to lay and collect taxes calculated from profits, gains, salaries, tips, wages, and other lawfully earned incomes, and return to a consumption tax system as intended by our founders which is outlined in our original constitution. To not work to end the Washington Establishment’s love affair with “taxing incomes” is to pretend Congress and our federal government can be trusted with a power already proven to be a worm at the root of countless types of miseries and corruption which are engaged in to fatten the fortunes of Washington’s well-connected, used to punish political foes, bribe targeted groups, and is even used to engage in social engineering which defies our nation’s founding principles.

Remove the words from Federal Reserve Notes which declare, “THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL DEBTS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE“. The irrefutable fact is, our founding fathers intended the market place, and only the market place, to determine what notes, if any, were safe and proper to accept in payment of debt, and they specifically chose to forbid our federal government to make a particular bank note, or any “note”, a legal tender, which if allowed would literally force people and business owners to accept worthless script in payment of debt. Allowing a private banking cartels notes to be made a “legal tender” can be traced to countless miseries which are now suffered by the American people, and were predicted when the Federal Reserve System was established in the same year the notoriously evil 16th Amendment was adopted. Let us recall the words of those who warned us about the Federal Reserve System:

"Most Americans have no real understanding of the operation of the international money lenders. The accounts of the Federal Reserve System have never been audited. It operates outside the control of Congress and manipulates the credit of the United States" — Sen. Barry Goldwater (Rep. AR)

"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President [Wilson} signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill." — Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. , 1913

"We have, in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board. This evil institution has impoverished the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it". — Congressman Louis T. McFadden in 1932 (Rep. Pa)

In addition to restoring honest money and an honest taxing system, here are a few more things which are necessary to make America Great Again:

Condemn and strike down any attempts to allow our President to exercise the un-constitutional “Fast Track Trade Promotion Authority”. This power is intentionally designed to circumvent the people’s elected members of Congress from exercising their exclusive power to regulate commerce with foreign nations. The Establishment’s idea is to consolidate this power in the hands of the President who can be more easily bribed than bribing a majority in Congress. FTTPA is an attempt to circumvent our Constitution’s separation of powers under which the people’s elected representatives are to fashion regulations of commerce which ought to reflect an America First Policy!

Work to impeach and severely punish judges and Justices who blatantly use their office of public trust to render court rulings which defy the text and documented legislative intent of our Constitution which includes its various amendments. Let us not forget the wisdom spoken by Justice Hugo L. Black. "The public welfare demands that constitutional cases must be decided according to the terms of the Constitution itself, and not according to judges' views of fairness, reasonableness, or justice." -- Justice Hugo L. Black ( U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1886 - 1971) Source: Lecture, Columbia University, 1968

Forbid federal employees who head administrative offices, e.g., the Environmental Protective Agency; The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; etc., from fashioning regulatory policies and then enforcing them which amounts to creating statutory law not approved of by Congress.

Impeach, fire and punish the heads of Administrative Agencies who knowingly and willfully refuse to enforce existing law, such as our nation’s immigration laws.

Restore our nation’s military power and make it second to none!

And strictly adhere to federalism, our Constitution’s plan, which is summarized as follows:

“The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.
    ___ See Federalist Paper No. 45.

Now, which candidate will advocate the above in order to make America Great Again?

JWK

“Honest money and honest taxation, the Key to America’s future Prosperity“
    ___ from “Prosperity Restored by the State Rate Tax Plan”, no longer in print.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think he will try to slow some of the bleeding, yes.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

No. He does not know what made America great. He never mentions the Constitution never mentions free markets. He wants expand libel laws for reporters and stifle free speech. The guy is 2 or 3 steps removed from being Mussolini.

I believe he will work towards his view of making America great again which obviously we all have different beliefs of what that actually is.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    No. He does not know what made America great. He never mentions the Constitution never mentions free markets. He wants expand libel laws for reporters and stifle free speech. The guy is 2 or 3 steps removed from being Mussolini.
    Agreed

Mussolini was smarter.

He will make himself great at the expense of all of us.

Yes, I do not think Trump is faking it. I only hope it won't be a bad thing...
    Why not give him a chance to make America Great Again?

He is smart and he will try to fix everything - it's a tall order. The Wall is the easy part.

He might resign in 72 hours after he gets the whole inside scoop (of poop) about the
    state of the nation on the first day, confronts an epoxied monster bureaucracy on day two,
    flies a safe distance away and orders a Neutron air strike on DC the morning of day three
    only to land and then find the buildings unexpectedly flattened and the entire bureaucracy
    still there, alive and well making new laws with unintended consequences to eliminate
    more jobs, print more money for ruling the whole world by rewarding friends and punishing
    enemies and squeezing the last drops of Liberty out of the 50 States of America.

Then, Trump might quit by giving written notice before flying off to a secret island location:
    "Folks, here's the story, it's all corrupt beyond hopeless. I don't need this, sorry. Bye"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He will make himself great at the expense of all of us.
    Disagree about just making himself great, I think he is sincere.
    It might totally fail though if the problems are truly un-fixable
    and his only tool is the coercive ham-fist of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    ... He never mentions the Constitution never mentions free markets ...
    ... The guy is 2 or 3 steps removed from being Mussolini.
    RE#1 Well, he did. It apeals to some Democrats who see "their" bennies going to immigrants.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-arent-covere/

RE#2 IMO, or maybe only 1 or 2? IDK, we will find out. Then, impeachment is an option, 'till that whole deal is off the table.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Please stay on topic, and away from personal attacks. Thanks.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Disagree about just making himself great, I think he is sincere.
    It might totally fail though if the problems are truly un-fixable
    and his only tool is the coercive ham-fist of government.
    That's the only tool he's proposing to use.

-have the government raise taxes on imports
    -have the government further restrict immigration
    -have the government spy even more on everybody
    -etc

He's not going to shrink government at all.

He;s going to grow it.

Ergo, he's going to make the problem worse, 100% guaranteed.

The very fact that he talks in terms of making America great again tells me he will do nothing of the sort.

Calvin Coolidge presided over one of the greatest periods of growth and prosperity in America's history. He did not create that, and did not claim that he did. He got government out of the way of the people and let the people do it.

Coolidge got it. Trump does not. And so long as Trump does not, he cannot duplicate Coolidge's success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    I believe there are some fundamental changes needed to be made to Make America Great Again
    Yes, we need to deport the illegals and then let them back in legally.

Then America will be Great again.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Since feeling great is subjective state of mind .. America will be "great again" on the first day after his election even before he lifts a finger to do anything.

And it won't be too unusual. Recall Obama got Nobel Peace Prize right after election even before he had lifted a finger to instigate civil wars violence in Benghazi, Syria, Iraq to destabilize mideast.

I think what he's counting on is for the federal government to bring in more revenue when more people are working and being taxed, and using that revenue to rebuild the military, "fix" social security and the V.A. etc. But he has said that he only wants to be in office for 4 years, and I really don't see how enough jobs can be created in that time to accomplish those goals. Even if all the bad trade deals can be rescinded and replaced with beneficial ones, it will take several years for the jobs to return and the revenue to be generated.

So, bottom line, I think he is sincere and wants to give it his best shot, and he probably believes he can do a lot of good, but even if the best possible scenario unfolds under a Trump administration, I think we are headed for some very, very hard times.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If he was going to make America great again, he'd have been the figurehead for a movement that is bringing people together instead of one that creates division.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Since feeling great is subjective state of mind .. America will be "great again" on the first day after his election even before he lifts a finger to do anything.

And it won't be too unusual. Recall Obama got Nobel Peace Prize right after election even before he had lifted a finger to instigate civil wars violence in Benghazi, Syria, Iraq to destabilize mideast.
    That's an amazingly silly statement.

The Nobel committee is not America, and their peace prize did not one thing to make Obama a man of peace. And if Trump puts together a committee to hive him a prize for instilling greatness, that won't mean one damned thing.

Americans can have any state of mind they want, but if they still have to have three lawyers and seven CPAs to do anything, they won't be making anything at all, much less making it great. And no one can make a nation of three hundred million great single-handed, no matter how much of a legend he may be in his own mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

No.

His interest is in making Trump great again.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

FWIW, I'm ~3 weeks younger than Trump, and I would.