Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: George Will: In Case of Trump Nomination, Break Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    You aren't being honest by framing it that way.
    Those are facts.

If you'd like citations, see the Trump Opposition Research Thread.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-02-2016 at 09:02 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Those are facts.

If you'd like citations, see the Trump Opposition Research Thread.
    Not exactly.

What you are doing is cherry-picking only those "facts" that appear to show Trump as being on the side of the establishment - and even there you are not completely correct.

Foreign-policy is an area where Trump shows a lot of disagreement with the establishment.

Just ask John McCain.

The fact that you (mod edit).

The agenda that you exhibit can only be described as (mod edit).
    Last edited by Petar; 05-02-2016 at 09:17 PM.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, but I don't pretend that it is something that simply nullifies the ways in which he is actually damaging the establishment.
    You have never shown any ways that he has damaged anyone, nor how that has done me any good.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    You have never shown any ways that he has damaged anyone, nor how that has done me any good.
    Another possibility is that you are kind of (mod edit).

What you are doing is cherry-picking only those "facts" that appear to show Trump as being on the side of the establishment
    Show me some facts to the contrary.

and even there you are not completely correct.
    Oh? How so?

Foreign-policy is an area where Trump shows a lot of disagreement with the establishment.
    Are you denying that he supported the Iraq and Libya wars?

Or just dismissing that as unimportant?

Just ask John McCain.
    In comparison to whom, Trump is actually worse on civil liberties (which is quite the accomplishment).

The fact that you (mod edit)
    Ignore what? You didn't cite any facts or evidence of any kind.

Your apparent agenda can only be described as (mod edit).
    No, it could be described as arguing against a radically anti-libertarian candidate, because I'm a libertarian.

What's your political ideology exactly?

...because the candidate you're supporting is a nationalistic progressive.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-02-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Show me some facts to the contrary.

Oh? How so?

Are you denying that he supported the Iraq and Libya wars?

Or just dismissing that as unimportant?

In comparison to whom, Trump is actually worse on civil liberties (which is quite the accomplishment).

Ignore what? You didn't cite any facts or evidence of any kind.

No, it could be described as arguing against a radically anti-libertarian candidate, because I'm a libertarian.

What's your political ideology exactly?

...because the candidate you're supporting is a nationalistic progressive.
    You are intentionally ignoring all of the areas in which Trump acts in opposition to the establishment because it does not suit your (mod edit) to constantly failing in the most spectacular way possible.

You are intentionally ignoring all of the areas in which Trump acts in opposition to the establishment because it does not suit your (mod edit) to constantly failing in the most spectacular way possible.
    I asked you to provide some examples of those.

You haven't.

Is it because you can't, because they don't exist?

That is true. McCain is very much against torture. Trump thinks waterboarding is like a fraternity hazing and wants to amp up torture. Donald Trump isn't just bad. He is bad on almost every issue. He somehow manages to take the worst parts of conservatism and liberalism and make them his own.

"Donald Trump vows to "strengthen" laws to allow torture, waterboarding" http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...election-2016/
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 05-02-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Another possibility is that you are kind of daft.
    Since we can safely rule that out, we're back at the first option.

You haven't.

You know that they exist and you don't care.

For you, all of this is just some passive-aggressive exercise in playing dumb.

In the end, I guess that losertarians really only care about preserving the status-quo.

I guess that you feel like you would be out of a job or something, if the establishment were to actually take a hit from someone that is capable of inflicting major damage upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    That is true. McCain is very much against torture. Trump thinks waterboarding is like a fraternity hazing and wants to amp up torture. Donald Trump isn't just bad. He is bad on almost every issue. He somehow manages to take the worst parts of conservatism and liberalism and make them his own.

"Donald Trump vows to "strengthen" laws to allow torture, waterboarding" http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...election-2016/
    McCain manages to be "anti-torture" for the sole purpose of bolstering his image as a "war hero".

The guy is part of the cabal that is coordinating to destroy the USA, and the fact that he so vehemently opposes Trump's foreign policy ideas should serve as some kind of a clue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Since we can safely rule that out, we're back at the first option.
    Except that not understanding how damaging Trump is to the establishment is so daft that it really stretches incredulity.

Guys like you may very well just be playing dumb as a form of sabotage.
    Last edited by Petar; 05-02-2016 at 09:40 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ///

You haven't.

You know that they exist and you don't care.

For you, all of this is just some passive-aggressive exercise in playing dumb.

In the end, I guess that losertarians really only care about preserving the status-quo.

I guess that you feel like you would be out of a job or something, if the establishment were to actually take a hit from someone that is capable of inflicting major damage to it.
    I'll take that as a yes.

Guys like you may very well just (mod edit).
    One might say the same for Trump supporters who've been repeating the same falsehoods for months despite all evidence to the contrary.

"business acumen" and whatnot:

Trump day after Iraq invasion: It’s ‘a tremendous success’

Republican primary front-runner Donald Trump claimed on the second day of Operation Iraqi Freedom that it appeared to be “a tremendous success from a military standpoint.”

Speaking to Fox News’ Neil Cavuto on March 21, 2003, Trump predicted the war would continue to bolster Wall Street.

“Well, I think Wall Street’s waiting to see what happens, but even before the fact they’re obviously taking it a little bit for granted, and it looks like a tremendous success from a military standpoint, and I think this is really nothing compared to what you’re gonna see after the war is over,” Trump said, as first reported by BuzzFeed News.

The billionaire businessman said he was optimistic that international protests to the war would not harm the U.S. economy.

“Well, I guess the French never liked us much except when we’re bailing them out, you know, to be totally honest with you,” he said. “But certainly we’re going to have to work on our public relations, because there’s no question that there are a lot of countries in the world right now that aren’t too fond of us, but I think that can be solved and probably pretty quickly."

Trump also speculated in the interview as to what kinds of weapons of mass destruction the Iraqi regime was hiding.

“The main thing is to get the war over with and just make it a tremendously successful campaign, and it’ll be very interesting to see what kind of weapons they uncover,” he said.

Trump has made his prescient opposition to the Iraq War a central talking point on the campaign trail.

After audio was uncovered from 2002 in which he expressed support for the invasion, Trump said by the time the war started, he was against it.

He has also accused former President George W. Bush, brother of primary rival Jeb Bush, of lying about the reasons for the invasion.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...endous-success
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by purplechoe View Post
    Are you out of your $#@!ing mind? John McCain? I feel like I'm reading nothing but establishment MSM propaganda on this forum lately. I don't know why I bother coming here lately...
    Compared to the usual, establishment politicians that generally work directly for the globalist cabal, Donald Trump is George Washington (also not exactly a "libertarian", per se).
    The fact that he is going up against the establishment in some way and actually managing to sell his revolution to the public is all that really matters at this point.
    No, but I don't pretend that it is something that simply nullifies the ways in which he is actually damaging the establishment.
    What you are doing is cherry-picking only those "facts" that appear to show Trump as being on the side of the establishment - and even there you are not completely correct.

My god. What is this forum lately other than countless regurgitations and renditions of Trump talking points?

I challenge Trump supporters to go a full 24 hours without using the word "establishment" in your daily promotion of the Trump campaign. It might be more effective in convincing us non believers.

One might say he same for Trump supporters who've been repeating the same falsehoods for months despite all evidence to the contrary.
    Except that I'm not the one who is intentionally only looking at one side of the coin.

I'm not going to repeat the ways in which Trump poses a problem for the establishment, because a (mod edit) like you is just going to play dumb about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    My god. What is this forum lately other than countless regurgitations and renditions of Trump talking points?

I challenge Trump supporters to go a full 24 hours without using the word "establishment" in your daily promotion of the Trump campaign. It might be more effective in convincing us non believers.
    It's not my fault if basic reality is something that fails to pique your interest.

Except that I'm not the one who is intentionally only looking at one side of the coin.
    There is no other side of the coin.

I'm not going to repeat the ways in which Trump poses a problem for the establishment
    It would be impossible for you to repeat it, since you've never explained it once.

because a (mod edit) like you is just going to play dumb about it anyway.
    Did you see the video from today where Cruz talked with a Trump supporter protesting his rally?

Cruz made a series of verifiably true statements about Trump and his past positions (such as supporting gun control).

The Trump supporter just kept yelling "Lyin' Ted" and other slogans he was fed by Dear Leader.

It's sad really, though at this point I don't find it at all surprising.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-02-2016 at 09:54 PM.

There is no other side of the coin.

It would be impossible for you to repeat it, since you've never explained it once.

Did you see the video from today where Cruz talked with a Trump supporter protesting his rally?

Cruz made a series of easily verifiably true statements about Trump and past positions.

The Trump supporter just kept yelling "Lyin' Ted" and other slogans he was fed by Dear Leader.

It's sad really, though at this point I don't find it at all surprising.
    I've already described various ways in which Trump hurts the establishment, and all that you are willing to do is point out times in the past that appear to contradict some (not all) of those points.

Why should I continue to explain the basis for my point of view if all that you are going to do is ignore it completely?

(mod edit) like you are totally impossible to have honest conversations with.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This thread scares me.......

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    This thread scares me.......
    Oh, that must be because Donald Trump is LITERALLY HITLER!!!

The guy is part of the cabal that is coordinating to destroy the USA, and the fact that he so vehemently opposes Trump's foreign policy ideas should serve as some kind of a clue for you.

That doesn't offer any clues. I don't base opinions of someone on their enemies. I evaluate them on their views. That is how rational people operate. Contrarians base opinions on who is anti-establishment or who has the right enemies. That kind of unprincipled contrarian thinking leads people to support both Ron Paul AND Donald Trump. A rational person cannot support both. They are opposites.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I mean look at the fluffin' OP for fluff's sake.

It's all about some establishment douchebag crying about how Donald Trump is TOTALLY RUINING THE GOP!!!

How can anyone with a brainstem not see what is going on???

The GOP is run by globalist douchebags who are freaking out because a non-libertarian billionaire has gone off the reservation and chosen to fluff everything up for them.

THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS AT THIS POINT!

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    It's true that I may not have explained myself in the most eloquent possible manner right there.

I still don't think that Trump having been for the Iraq war at a point is really very important.

The important thing is that he is talking a lot of sense about it right now, and I do believe that he is being sincere.

His business-man approach to dealing with the wars makes a lot of sense, and this is what his detractors here choose to consistently ignore.

That doesn't offer any clues. I don't base opinions of someone on their enemies. I evaluate them on their views. That is how rational people operate. Contrarians base opinions on who is anti-establishment or who has the right enemies. That kind of unprincipled contrarian thinking leads people to support both Ron Paul AND Donald Trump. A rational person cannot support both. They are opposites.
    Whatever, rainman.

No one in the real world gives a flying fluff about your stupid principles in this case.

Do you want to win the war or not?

War is ugly and Attila the Trump is the one who can do the most damage to the enemy right now.
    Last edited by Petar; 05-02-2016 at 10:07 PM.

It's not my fault if basic reality is something that fails to pique your interest.
    The claim doesn't even make sense. For that to be essentially one of the only reasons most trump supporters can point to in their support of Trump... well it just seems very weak.

Who is "the establishment"? Is it some monolithic being/organization of evil doers all aligned in their intentions?

Is it several groups, each vying for it's own power and having their own interests?

Is it the leadership within the RNC? The DNC?

Is it the media?

Is it big business?

None of the above? All of the above? Some of the above?

And whichever it is, is all of the "establishment" against Trump, or just some? Are some against Cruz too? Does any of the "establishment" happen to support Trump?

Why can Trump pushers not give me any coherent reasons to actually support the man? All they have is this absurd, childish claim with no basis in reality which cannot either be proven or disproved.

///
    That's the smartest thing you have posted all year.
    "The Patriarch"

Except that not understanding how damaging Trump is to the establishment is so daft that it really stretches incredulity.

Guys like you may very well just be playing dumb as a form of sabotage.
    But you still can't identify any damage he has done or any good that has come from it.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It's all about some establishment douchebag crying about how Donald Trump is TOTALLY RUINING THE GOP!!!

The GOP is run by globalist douchebags who are freaking out because a non-libertarian billionaire has gone off the reservation and chosen to fluff everything up for them.

Are you saying even if Trump is still an authoritarian voting for him is a good idea just because he is "anti-establishment?"

I'm pretty sure one could say the same thing about Bernie Sanders. Would he be a good solution for us?

George Will has become almost a full fledged libertarian. He doesn't widely advertise his libertarianism but he speaks at Cato and Reason events all the time. That "establishment douchebag" is far better on foreign policy than Donald Trump. He is infinitely better on most domestic issues. I will take George Will's libertarian bona fides over Lew Rockwell, Alex Jones, and any other ********** any day of the week.

I've already described various ways in which Trump hurts the establishment
    Really? Where? Which post?

You have not given one specific example of a policy of Trump's which runs counter to the establishment's policies.

Not. One.

and all that you are willing to do is point out times in the past that appear to contradict some (not all) of those points.
    What points?

Again, you've made none.

And his past (and current) positions don't appear to be pro-establishment, they are pro-establishment.

Why should I continue to explain the basis for my point of view if all that you are going to do is ignore it completely?
    I'm not asking you to continue to explain, as you've offered no explanation whatsoever so far.

(mod edit) like you are totally impossible to have honest conversations with.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-02-2016 at 10:16 PM.

George Will has become almost a full fledged libertarian. He doesn't widely advertise his libertarianism but he speaks at Cato and Reason events all the time. That "establishment douchebag" is far better on foreign policy than Donald Trump. He is infinitely better on most domestic issues. I will take George Will's libertarian bona fides over Lew Rockwell, Alex Jones, and any other ********** any day of the week.
    As much as I have never been a fan of his I still have to agree with this.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast