Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: **OFFICIAL 2016 NFL SEASON THREAD**

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    lol , four FG's so far ?
    Their first 12 points were a safety, TD, FG. There were a total of 3 TDs called back because of penalties. It was an ugly game, some bogus calls on both sides, but a lot of stuff they got away with too. None f those guys are going to want to get out of bed in the morning. The Lions were definitely focused on stopping the runners, they played their LBs into the trenches almost every play. By the 4th quarter, they lost 2 of them and were putting a DE in that spot, made it extremely hard to do their regular rotations, so the Titans were able to keep moving the ball by exploiting that weakness. This is usually the point in the game where the Titans give it away, but I guess today they'll just have to settle for the win.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Their first 12 points were a safety, TD, FG. There were a total of 3 TDs called back because of penalties. It was an ugly game, some bogus calls on both sides, but a lot of stuff they got away with too. None f those guys are going to want to get out of bed in the morning. The Lions were definitely focused on stopping the runners, they played their LBs into the trenches almost every play. By the 4th quarter, they lost 2 of them and were putting a DE in that spot, made it extremely hard to do their regular rotations, so the Titans were able to keep moving the ball by exploiting that weakness. This is usually the point in the game where the Titans give it away, but I guess today they'll just have to settle for the win.
    That TD catch by Johnson was a great catch .

That Vikings defense looks poised .

I don't feel as bad about getting beat in Week 1 after seeing what they did to Aaron Rodgers tonight.

I don't feel as bad about getting beat in Week 1 after seeing what they did to Aaron Rodgers tonight.
    Your team is going to get pounded in Carolina next week.
    No - No - No - No

How much is Carolina favored by next week?

The Vikings Defense is giving up 14 points a game , avg , past three games to Russell Wilson , Marcus Mariota and Aaron Rodgers .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Browns lost RGIII and now Josh McCown, they will need to come up with 14 more QBs to finish the season. They could go back to the old days and have open tryouts every Tuesday.

The Browns lost RGIII and now Josh McCown, they will need to come up with 14 more QBs to finish the season. They could go back to the old days and have open tryouts every Tuesday.
    They should have got Tebow . They could be selling Tebow shirts instead of the Mets .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-19-2016 at 07:42 PM.

The Eagles need to get on it and play some football . Make the people in the City Of Brotherly Love happy .

Eagles starting to roll now , up 22 - 7 .

This week , unless the Dolphins/Browns game ends in a tie , one of them gets a win.

The Patriots are turning their 3rd string starting QB loose on the Texans. It makes sense though, there's not a lot of film of them running these plays with Tom Brady; they'd have to go back several years to find anything.

Patriots will be 3 - 0 .

The patriots haven't played a game without the refs in their pocket since the Bledsoe era.
    I am the spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Green Bay looks to have bounced back nicely so far , the Redskins looking like they may be headed for another loss .

Vikings defense hanging tough . Down 2 points at half to Cam and the offense has not even scored.

The Browns are a joke, but that's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    The Browns are a joke, but that's nothing new.
    Tied 24 All with 1 minute to go and they have the ball.

Tied 24 All with 1 minute to go and they have the ball.
    I know. I'm watching. I always watch. Now, we'll see how they manage to lose this one.

Jags loose by 2 , Titans ( Oilers ) and Portsmouth Spartans ( Lions) , both loose by 7 . Lots of close games .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-25-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Redskins trailing by 1 @ the Meadowlands with about two minute left.

That Titans game should have gone into OT. Penalties and turnovers are a big problem so far this year. Also not having their #1 WR and TE hurts. But on the upside, DeMarco Murray is their first 100 yard rusher in 3 years.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Patriots will be 3 - 0 .
    Yeah, my prediction on the Pats season ain't lookin so hot thus far. Are they just that good that they could put a hot dog vendor under center and still win? Goes to show that Brady may be just an average QB who happens to be on a 'blessed' team.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Yeah, my prediction on the Pats season ain't lookin so hot thus far. Are they just that good that they could put a hot dog vendor under center and still win? Goes to show that Brady may be just an average QB who happens to be on a 'blessed' team.
    He is very accurate with the ball , but yeah , Belichick thinks he can plug in any of his guys and win . He is like the football version of Bob Knight , Knight built a basketball dynasty @ IU , gets fired , goes to Texas Tech , gets rid of his best players because they do not go to class , takes on some walk ons , wins about 20 games anyway.LOL
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-25-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Jets should probably be under investigation for point shaving the way they threw that game today.

Bears finally show a little life with a touchdown , still down by two touchdowns .

Only five unbeaten teams just three weeks into the season. New England, Baltimore, Denver, Philly, and the Vikings. Denver and Dallas seem to have found their QB's. Not missing Osweiler or Mark Sanchez. Chargers and Colts game was ugly. Chargers blow another fourth quarter lead and added some more injuries Manti Teo- leading tackler- out for the rest of the season with a non- contact torn Achilles. Seeing lots of injuries and playing poorly late in games makes me question their physical fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Only five unbeaten teams just three weeks into the season. New England, Baltimore, Denver, Philly, and the Vikings. Denver and Dallas seem to have found their QB's. Not missing Osweiler or Mark Sanchez. Chargers and Colts game was ugly. Chargers blow another fourth quarter lead and added some more injuries Manti Teo- leading tackler- out for the rest of the season with a non- contact torn Achilles. Seeing lots of injuries and playing poorly late in games makes me question their physical fitness.
    I watched the Colts , saw Teo go out . That will hurt them on defense rest of the season. Hard to believe the Ravens are undefeated . In the AFC the Broncos & Pats are clearly the teams to beat , well ahead of the next tier of KC ,Houston & Steelers . In the NFC , the Eagles look to be clicking on offense , while the Viking defense has been impressive . The Vikings and Eagles could meet with both 5 - 0 here in three weeks .....

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast