Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: **OFFICIAL 2016 NFL SEASON THREAD**

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    his last playoff appearance he had 4 incomplete passes - and 1 of those 4 was the Dez catch that would of taken the lead.

he does seem brittle though.
    That wasn't a catch.
    I am the spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Sherman was going for the ball, and the slight arm grab was incidental. Could easily have called offensive pass interference.

it was a good 'no call'..
    Since when is grabbing the arm of a wide receiver going for the ball? And what part of that is considered offensive PI?

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    He's broken the same collarbone 3 times. I also believe he's had this same back injury before, but maybe it was just similar. Also like I said you can't compare today's QBs to other eras.
    FWIW the last injury isn't related to the previous back injury.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    FWIW the last injury isn't related to the previous back injury.
    Was it to the exact same spot? I remember the doctors claiming Jerry Rice's 2nd knee injury in 1997 wasn't related to the 1st even though he rushed back and injured the same knee.
    I am the spoon.

Since when is grabbing the arm of a wide receiver going for the ball? And what part of that is considered offensive PI?

Watch the entire play. Jones practically rapes Sherman off the line. Sherman only recovers to catch up because he is faster than Julio. Little clips like that can easily miss the entire context, and that is evident on this play if you watch it all. It is disingenuous to argue the refs should've thrown a flag on Sherman and not Julio. It is also disingenuous to be biased as $#@! editing a clip.
    Last edited by John F Kennedy III; 10-19-2016 at 05:50 PM.
    I am the spoon.

loveshiscountry

Watch the entire play. Jones practically rapes Sherman off the line. Sherman only recovers to catch up because he is faster than Julio. Little clips like that can easily miss the entire context, and that is evident on this play if you watch it all. It is disingenuous to argue the refs should've thrown a flag on Sherman and not Julio. It is also disingenuous to be biased as $#@! editing a clip.
    I did see the entire play. I did see the hand to the face. One doesn't have anything to do with the other. I was pointing out the obvious PI on Sherman which the clip shows. Nothing to do with being edited. That part of the clip is the meat of my response.

It wasn't a "slight" arm grab as the video clearly shows Sherman wrapping his hand around Jones arm. It wasn't "incidental" either. How does only being able to put up half the arms needed to catch that pass qualify as incidental?
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 10-19-2016 at 07:54 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

Was it to the exact same spot? I remember the doctors claiming Jerry Rice's 2nd knee injury in 1997 wasn't related to the 1st even though he rushed back and injured the same knee.
    Different part of the back. Neither injury affects the other.

I did see the entire play. I did see the hand to the face. One doesn't have anything to do with the other. I was pointing out the obvious PI on Sherman which the clip shows. Nothing to do with being edited. That part of the clip is the meat of my response.

It wasn't a "slight" arm grab as the video clearly shows Sherman wrapping his hand around Jones arm. It wasn't "incidental" either. How does only being able to put up half the arms needed to catch that pass qualify as incidental?
    How does an illegal hands to the face that nearly knocks the defender to the ground not matter?
    I am the spoon.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 10-23-2016 at 04:27 PM.

The only thing you need to know about the 2016 NFL season so far is.......... DAK ATTACK!!!!

/end thread

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I didn't really want to do this...I never wanted to come back after what happened in July...really, really, really did not ...but I was just told I should stick my face back in here (particularly in this thread) before things crash and burn again. And they will. Oh yes, they will.

Still waiting to see if someone can perform the Heimlich maneuver on the Chicago Cubs before I go all in for the Cowboys again.
    What have you been doing ?
    Do something Danke

Rumor is , Packers Lacy going on Injured Reserve for ankle surgery . That may be it for him , I am going to send him some junk food .
    Do something Danke

What do we have tonight , Bears - Packers ?
    Do something Danke

That wasn't a catch.
    the hell it wasn't. review is only designed to overrule obvious things. they went to New York and decided to determine a judgement call about if a football move was made.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What have you been doing ?
    Staying out of trouble since I'm not posting here.

My son who is a Trump supporter (ugh) was posting here for awhile, but he got banned for having a "multiple account." We figured since he was posting from the same network I do, it was assumed to be a multiple account of mine. No big deal. I should disown him anyway.

loveshiscountry

How does an illegal hands to the face that nearly knocks the defender to the ground not matter?
    i never said it didn't matter.

The Bears need to step up a little here

Bears down 16 with 5 1/2 to go and the ball .
    Do something Danke

Bears will be 1 - 7 by Halloween.
    Do something Danke

Colts Titans ready to start on my local channel.
    Do something Danke

Bradford returns to Philly .
    Do something Danke

Outstanding onside Kick by the Colts Macafee .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-23-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    Do something Danke

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vikings turnover Wentz three times , get nothing out of it , turn it over twice themselves, then drive 70 yards from own goal line for a FG . Up 3 - 0 . Eagles return kick off for a touchdown .
    Do something Danke

Colts need at least one more touchdown to get out of there with a win , my guess .
    Do something Danke

Vikings about to lose first game. Trail Eagles 21-3 with two minutes left. Late touchdown (37 seconds left) made it 21- 10.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-23-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Colts need at least one more touchdown to get out of there with a win , my guess .
    I see they just got it. Lead by four with two minutes remaining.

Now got a fumble and a touchdown off that. Think that clinches it- 34- 23 with 1:47. Was that on the kickoff? (not watching the game- just catching updates on the internet). Ah- see it was a sack/ fumble on first down.

Final 34- 26.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-23-2016 at 02:24 PM.

Muh Vikings just did not get it done . Defense played well enough to win giving up only 15 points to the high power Eagles( 6 came off of special teams touchdown ) , but the offense unable to come through , scored 1 touchdown would have taken three to win . Colts get 10th in a row from Titans, stay in the hunt , but the Colts blown game last week really hurts. Whoever wins the division will probably see the Pats
    Do something Danke

With Chiefs and Raiders winning, Denver needs to get it done against Houston on Monday to keep pace. Denver's offense has been poor the last couple weeks (last week only had one play for over ten yards). Brock Osweiler face his former team. He has been struggling as well.

The Titans had that game won until the fumble at the end. And there were a lot of mistakes between the QB and the receivers.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Steelers- without Ben Rothlesberger, only down four to Brady and the Patriots at the half. Failed to score twice inside the 20 though.
    Pats were up 14-0.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-23-2016 at 04:02 PM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast