Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: **OFFICIAL 2016 NFL SEASON THREAD**

Colts will be without leading tackler rest of regular season , but I still think they beat Houston to take first place next week . The problems they have after that is I doubt they can score much in Minnesota or enough in Oakland That would leave them @ 8 wins and a sweep on Titans & split with Houston.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Broncos-Titans Is The Biggest Game Of Week 14

The NFL has its first playoff team! While the 11-1 Cowboys don’t quite have a lock on the NFC East title, they will at least make it as a wild card. They’ll now be playing for a bye and home-field advantage while the rest of the league fights for the remaining playoff spots.

For the last couple weeks, we’ve been using the model behind our 2016 NFL predictions to calculate how much each team’s playoff chances “swing” depending on the outcome of each game. For example, we currently give the Pittsburgh Steelers a 67 percent chance of making the playoffs. If they beat Buffalo this week, we project those chances will increase to 84 percent (independent of other games). If they lose, their chances drop to 53 percent.1 That’s a 31 percentage point swing! By doing this same math for every matchup and factoring in how each team’s resulting record will affect others’ playoff odds, we can find out which games are the most impactful.

Here are the top five for Week 14:

The Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos all won last week, and we now think it’s pretty likely that the West will take both AFC wild card slots. Tennessee has had a commendable bounceback season, but they’re in a tough playoff situation. The AFC West’s success means that even if the Titans run the table to end the season at 10-6, that might not be enough to make it as a wild card, and their 0-3 record against the Texans and Colts makes it unlikely that they’d win a division tiebreaker. We give them just an 11 percent chance of making the playoffs, much lower than the chances of Green Bay, Minnesota, Indianapolis and Houston, who all share the same 6-6 record.

As straightforward as it gets. Whichever team wins takes control of the AFC South and gets a big playoff boost. The Titans have an outside chance at the division but don’t really care who wins here.
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...:nfl:clubhouse
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Is there an official NBA thread? Klay Thompson scored 60 pts. last night and sat out the entire 4th quarter.

Bay Area pro football is peculiar. 49ers at the bottom of the NFC West. Raiders on top of AFC West.
    Last edited by anaconda; 12-06-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Houstons problem is they cannot score . Averaging 17 points a game and going to Indy is fail. They have the best cheerleaders though.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Is there an official NBA thread? Klay Thompson scored 60 pts. last night and sat out the entire 4th quarter.
    I cant stand to talk about what goes on against muh Never Play Defense Pacers .
    Do something Danke

AFC South! 3-way tie for first with 6-6!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I cant stand to talk about what goes on against muh Never Play Defense Pacers .
    The Pacers didn't seem to shoot very well last night. Plus the Warriors are on a roll.
    Last edited by anaconda; 12-06-2016 at 08:57 PM.

AFC South! 3-way tie for first with 6-6!!!
    All about to end on Sun when Colts beat Texans .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Denver loses, they will be three or four games behind the Raiders (depending on whether or not they beat the Chiefs Thursday) with three games remaining- out of a shot at the division. That leaves them fighting for the wild card. They will be two or three behind KC and facing a difficult final three games- Raiders, New England, and Kansas City. Denver probably needs at least two of their final four to get a wild card spot. Both Chief and Raiders currently hold any tie breakers vs Denver.

Big game about to start!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Big game about to start!
    Tonight? Who?

Tonight? Who?
    Raiders - Chiefs , and Iowa - Iowa State.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-08-2016 at 07:56 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    GO CHIEFS!
    They are in control right now.
    Do something Danke

Raiders can't get it together on either side of the ball. Their weakness is the run game.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Raiders can't get it together on either side of the ball. Their weakness is the run game.
    They are only down two scores , not bad considering they were dominated .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From 21-3 to 21-13.
    I am the spoon.

Oakland down only by 8 now.
    Do something Danke

Travis Kelce is a beast.
    I am the spoon.

Raiders gave the game away.

Well , Raiders have two timeouts , KC ball 2nd & 2 with 1:58 to play . I dunno who the Raiders thought they could beat with 13 points ......
    Do something Danke

So , KC & Oakland will both be 10 - 3 it looks like ....
    Do something Danke

So , KC & Oakland will both be 10 - 3 it looks like ....
    And KC beat Oakland twice, so they are in the driver's seat now. With this loss, Oakland went from 1st seed in AFC to 5th.

Carr was so off it was crazy. Either the cold or his injured finger screwed him up. Should have put in McGloin.

And KC beat Oakland twice, so they are in the driver's seat now. With this loss, Oakland went from 1st seed in AFC to 5th.

Carr was so off it was crazy. Either the cold or his injured finger screwed him up. Should have put in McGloin.
    I think they should have ran more .
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Until you've mentioned the Lions, you've made this thread garbonzo. The Lions are gonna win the division and then host a playoff game that they'll likely win.

Raiders - Chiefs , and Iowa - Iowa State.
    Geez I was off a day - was thinking this was still Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Until you've mentioned the Lions, you've made this thread garbonzo. The Lions are gonna win the division and then host a playoff game that they'll likely win.
    Their QB Stafford is on the short list for MVP this season.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Is this the last chance for Cleveland to get a win ?
    Do something Danke

Is this the last chance for Cleveland to get a win ?
    They are supposedly starting RGIII this week.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Alright , I will mention the Lions . Have not won a playoff game in 25 years , once lost a playoff game 5 - 0 . Once elected to kickoff in sudden death overtime. On the bright side , the defense is only giving up 17 a game past 6 games and they look to win the division . However , if they host the Giants or Vikings or Packers I would expect them to lose .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-12-2016 at 12:04 AM.
    Do something Danke

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast