Thread: What about Mark Cuban?

What about Mark Cuban?

‘There Is a 100 Percent Chance Mark Cuban Becomes President’
    BY JASON HEID POSTED IN LOCAL NEWS, MEDIA, POLITICS & GOVERNMENT. APR 29, 2016 AT 1:40 PM
    1 Comment
    The guy who plays the president in Sharknado 3 will join two former, actual presidents at SMU tonight.
    Cuban already established his presidential bona fides opposite Ian Ziering in Sharknado 3.
    That’s what Silicon Valley investor Chris Sacca, a former Google employee and sometimes co-star of Cuban’s on ABC’s Shark Tank, told CNBC this week:

Sacca noted that Cuban could be at least as successful as Trump were he were to campaign for leader of the free world.

“The minute you’re coined a billionaire in this country, everyone just takes everything you say as gospel. You can say no wrong,” Sacca said. “And that’s why we see Trump skating in. He says asinine things and everyone says ‘well, he’s a successful business guy.’ Cuban has all of that, but is not an idiot.”

So if we factor in a massive Trump flop this fall, and the Republican Party still trying to stitch itself together in the aftermath come 2020, then we’ll get two terms of Hillary Clinton.

Cuban 2024?
    http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/201...mes-president/

I don't actually know a ton about Cuban but I gather he has somewhat libertarian leanings. Could he be the next spearhead? Has he said any reprehensible things that make liberty lovers cringe?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Marc Cuba, satire....

I Would Vote for Gov. Romney If He Were a Democrat

I couldn’t resist writing about the irony of it all.

What are two of biggest, if not the biggest issues in this presidential election? Health care and the economy.

Consider the following:

1. Who invented Obamacare and has the most successful implementation to date?

2. We are in a period where the government is borrowing money at a net effective rate of less than zero percent. Who has made hundreds of millions of dollars and a career of borrowing significant amounts of money to acquire companies in heavily leveraged deals?

It’s crazy, but true.

1. Of course, Governor Romney basically invented Obamacare for the state of Massachusetts.

Can you imagine the following conversation from a Democratic candidate Romney with a hypothetical Republican candidate? ....
    (Funny read p4p)

Hey, this is all fiction but hopefully you can see the same irony I did.

Damn, I am so ready for a third party.

Maybe I will start one on Kickstarter.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-c...b_2020584.html

Never one to sit on hands during offseason, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban stopped by Fox Business Network on August 26 to chat with anchor Neil Cavuto about a range of political topics, revealing a slightly more serious person than we are used to rounding up news about.

Let’s start with his opinion that a third political party is necessary.

“I don’t think that anybody fully identifies with either party any longer, and both parties have taken the position that they have to be pure,” Cuban said. “There’s no room for impurities at all, and I think that means most people aren’t fully represented. I’d love to see a third party formed; call it the GDI that really says that parties and people don’t have to be perfect. Let’s just go out there and try to solve problems.”
    No one can forget Cuban and Trump’s epic Twitter feud earlier in the year, when Trump called Cuban a little girl and a loser. But despite all of this water under the bridge, Cuban seemed to take the high road when asked about jabs thrown between the two billionaires.

“I love to pick on him,” Cuban said. “I like Donald; it’s not that I don’t like him. He’s like that guy in your group of friends that everybody picks on but still likes. He’s not in touch with pop culture enough, so you can make really simple references.”
    http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/in...iness/#slide=0

Billionaire entrepreneur and NBA owner Mark Cuban says paying taxes is the “most patriotic thing you can do.”

But first, you must “Bust your ass and get rich,” Cuban wrote in a blog posted Monday, right on the heels of President Obama’s pitch to raise taxes on the wealthy.
    “Go out there and get rich. Get so obnoxiously rich that when that tax bill comes, your first thought will be to choke on how big a check you have to write,” Cuban wrote. “Your second thought will be “what a great problem to have,” and your third should be a recognition that in paying your taxes, you are helping to support millions of Americans that are not as fortunate as you.”

He’s even got a position on the role of the federal government.
    In 2005, Cuban gave an interview to Slate in which he shared his literary love for “The Fountainhead,” a book by the libertarian philosopher Ayn Rand.

“I loved it. I don’t know how many times I have read it, but it got to the point where I had to stop because I would get too fired up.”
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ay-your-taxes/

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is so impressed with Donald Trump’s success that he is now considering running for office himself.

“I love the fact that he has changed the game. … The idea of imperfect candidates with forceful ideas opens the door for a lot of people that would not have previously run,” said Cuban, cautioning that if he were to follow Trump’s example, “My positions would be far different.”

Cuban — who in the past has feuded with his fellow rebel billionaire — is hosting a Monday mega-rally for Trump at his Dallas arena. The Republican frontrunner called to ask about using the venue and Cuban saw the opportunity to strike a deal. “Our arena is amazing and his checks will clear,” explained the Mavericks owner.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...#ixzz47LVFhh5Z
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Mark Cuban is a victim of a conspiracy. The conspiracy to make Mark Cuban a billionaire. He sold a domain - broadcast.com - to the dummies at Yahoo! in 1999 for $2.5B and his net worth has not changed much since - http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...ban-net-worth/

Well, as noted elsewhere, if net worth were a litmus test, George Soros should be president.

Cuban reminds me of Trump except he is more likeable. Similarities begin with ask them something today and the answer they give will be different tomorrow. This is basically because they do not know the answer .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He dissed Ron Paul at some point in 2007. Petty me isn't over it yet.

http://reason.com/blog/2008/02/20/mark-cuban-in-gq

Do you consider yourself libertarian?
    Absolutely.

I take it you’re supporting Ron Paul, then.

No. I just don’t think he’s a legitimate candidate at this point in time. It’s interesting and fun to watch the Internet support he gets, and I like conceptually a lot of the things he says, but I wouldn’t vote for him.
    In 2007 I heard that so much! "If he had a shot, I'd vote for him." A affirmative response from a guy like Cuban could have done a lot to improve the perception of Paul as legitimate, and 9 years later it still stings.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-30-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    He dissed Ron Paul at some point in 2007. Petty me isn't over it yet.

http://reason.com/blog/2008/02/20/mark-cuban-in-gq

In 2007 I heard that so much! "If he had a shot, I'd vote for him." A affirmative response from a guy like Cuban could have done a lot to improve the perception of Paul as legitimate, and 9 years later it still stings.
    Ughh, the "If he had a shot" blargh. There are still people I want to smack to this day.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-...problem-2015-8

In a post on his Cyber Dust social-media app, the outspoken billionaire investor wrote that he would prefer to join the GOP but had an issue with the party's push for conformity.

"I would prefer to be a Republican," Cuban wrote in the post, which was flagged by The Dallas Morning News. "I want smaller government. I want smarter government. Just like most Republicans. Put aside that I disagree with Republicans on most social issues. The Republicans have a much bigger problem that will crush them in every presidential election until this changes."

Cuban lamented that those who disagree with the "consensus" were called fake Republicans.

"The Republican Party requires that all their presidential candidates conform to consensus," he said. "If you don't agree with every platform of the party, not only are you called a RINO, a 'Republican in Name Only.' You are considered unelectable in primaries and become a source of scorn on Fox News. That's a problem."

The "Shark Tank" star's desire to avoid party orthodoxy could be related to his recent praise for real-estate mogul Donald Trump, whom he hailed as "the best thing to happen" to politics in a long time. Indeed, Cuban even told Business Insider he would consider being Trump's vice president if asked, though he said he would probably decline the hypothetical offer.

In his Tuesday Cyber Dust post, Cuban also reflected on the meaning of leadership:

Leaders don't conform to the consensus. They create consensus to their vision and goals.

Leaders don't change their positions mid debate. They welcome scorn from the masses because it creates the opportunity for dialogue.

Leaders don't look backwards to condemn what has already been done, they look forward to create a better future.

Leaders are not dogmatic. They are principled and know that change is never easy, but when it's necessary, they must lead.
    The Republican Party does everything possible to discourage leadership.

They want dogma.

They want conformity.

They want to conserve their romanticized past.

That's a shame. I wish they wanted to conserve the best of what America is today and find a leader that can take us to new places that make our future better.

I realize that's not the way politics work in this day and age. And that just proves the point.

"And btw, I know a lot of the same can be said about the Democrats, but I don't want to be a Democrat," he concluded. "Until things change, I'll sit in the middle and think for myself. Unlike the Republicans."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-30-2016 at 07:11 PM.