Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Request. [creative help]

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I vote mobile chicken coop

I have no chickens..

But thanks .
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well if you had chickens it would imply you already had a coop

therefore this works best for people with no chickens

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Needs Pete to make it righteous.
    I could improve the camouflage.

Not where I was headed,, but as usual the forum explores ideas.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

we do what we can to keep it lively

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

speckled paint.. various shades of grey
    USS acid rain
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lflatac.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	4950
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lflatac.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	4950
    I need to figure out how to put that on my truck.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Oh,, now that is interesting.. even with the correct spelling.. I will have to create a designation# as I know of none.

That could work

"Billy Pilgrim" as a shuttle name

and thank you.

edit;; unless someone suggested something even more epic.. I know you would understand.
    Your welcome, even though I have no idea where you are going with it. Used to do that in advertising a lot, brainstorming. Just through out ideas. Others might add to some of them until something coalesced. Glad you hit on an idea and can't wait to see the results.
    Of course you could always incorporate other ideas too. The chicken coop and "Slaughterhouse-five" kinda work together with the Vonnegut theme.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Your welcome,
    I have always wanted to try to paint frost (instead of flames)

Ice 9,,, but that is another story.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

the trees are from the Babes in Toyland story - and I think it's in the public domain now

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Oh,, now that is interesting.. even with the correct spelling.. I will have to create a designation# as I know of none.

That could work

"Billy Pilgrim" as a shuttle name

and thank you.

edit;; unless someone suggested something even more epic.. I know you would understand.
    I was trying to come up with something, and then I saw Shuttlecraft Billy Pilgrim of the USS Vonnegut, and realized that I could not really improve upon that. Especially considering that with the nature of the story, you could go through 5 more minivans all of differing ages and give it the same name to zero dilution of the mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I was trying to come up with something, and then I saw Shuttlecraft Billy Pilgrim of the USS Vonnegut, and realized that I could not really improve upon that. Especially considering that with the nature of the story, you could go through 5 more minivans all of differing ages and give it the same name to zero dilution of the mythos.
    Went searching Memory Alpha,,, for anything.. (NCC #)

There are a lot of interesting choices..

Heart of Gold NCC 42

lol
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I can help with that.

1) find the highest resolution file of the image anywhere on the net. Look down a couple sizes as the logical largest may not have the best pixel definition (ie someone else may have doubled the size without fixing the resolution). Pick the one with the best high res definition at the pixel level aaaannnd

2) expand to 300-600 dpi at your desired size
    2a) if the image over-pixellates, use the wand to select all not-black (background), /smooth selection/ to the number of pixels you doubled, /expand selection/ to half the number of pixels you doubled, and then hit delete to clip off the pixellation)
    2b) ie: if you grew the image 400% to fit into your sticker size at 350dpi, then you would want to /smooth selection/ by 4 pixels, and then /expand selection/ by 2 pixels.

3) remove background. (1000 different ways to do this. If you had to do 2a and 2b, then this step is already done)

4) invert black to white

5) brightness 100% to purge any non-white pixels

6) posterize 2 color. (check to see it didn't ruin the image. white to transparent it shouldn't, but always check.)

7) save as PDF

8) send to print shop to print onto clear sticky vinyl. (can get special UV resistance and removable bumper stickers, usually starting in quantities of 10 up to several thousand.)

-------------------

a cleaner looking way that is a few steps more complicated, do all of the above, and then turn your bitmap into vectors.

take the vector file to one of the bigger Kinko's, sorry "FedEx Office" where they do cut stickyback vinyl. (or really, any of several print shops where they do cut vinyl)

Save your vector into a PDF at the size you want, and send to the print shop to cut the design into vinyl in whatever color you want.

Now you have your design in cut stickyback vinyl in whatever color you like. APPLYING it is way more of a PITA, because you don't have a transparent sticker. Depending on the kind of cut, you can usually, turn it over peel off the backing to the design, stick the whole thing and then peel out the background.

Although more complicated, it looks 1000 times better, because then it's just a vinyl design directly on your chrome or paint or glass or whatever. No clear vinyl nonsense.

Cut vinyl, frankly, would be very difficult for this design unless it was expanded to like 4 foot wide.
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 05-01-2016 at 12:30 PM. Reason: added 2a and then 2b

I dunno man, image may not lend itself well to posterize and invert...

You may have to stick with the original black on a white background.......which is easy and will come out fine.

USS Free Welfare / Warfare?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12