Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Demands Hillary Clinton Apologize To Kentucky For Anti-Coal Comments

Sen. Rand Paul Demands Hillary Clinton Apologize To Kentucky For Anti-Coal Comments

Sen. Rand Paul Demands Hillary Clinton Apologize To Kentucky For Anti-Coal Comments As She Opens Office In State

by MATTHEW BOYLE
    25 Apr 2016

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is calling on former Secretary of State and Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton to apologize to the state of Kentucky for her anti-coal positions as she opens her first campaign office in the state ahead of the May 17 primary.

Late Monday, Clinton will open her first campaign office in Kentucky in Louisville.

In response, Sen. Rand Paul, the former GOP presidential candidate and junior U.S. Senator from Kentucky, is calling on Clinton to apologize to coal miners—and to the state of Kentucky as a whole—for her comments last month when she said: “We’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.” Sen. Paul told Breitbart News:

Before Hillary Clinton opens her office in Louisville, she ought to apologize to Kentuckians for saying that ‘we’re gonna put a lot of coal miners out of business.’ Ten thousand Kentuckians have lost jobs because of the Obama-Clinton War on Coal. I doubt they’re excited about Clinton coming to Kentucky to rub our faces in her climate extremism. President Obama promised to “bankrupt coal” and now Hillary promises to drive a stake into the heart of the final remaining jobs left in the coal industry. Hillary needs to apologize. No time like the present. I’m calling on you, Hillary. I am calling on you to apologize to every Kentuckian for what you said.
    read more:
    http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...-office-state/
    Last edited by jct74; 04-29-2016 at 06:10 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't stand watching him try to read from a teleprompter. Very annoying. Learn your speeches Rand.

I don't get the whole, asking for politicians to apologize, thing. It seems like a wimpy attack, no politician is ever going to apologize for anything unless they get busted for a sex scandal, and even then... Don't say she should apologize, just say it's her fault!
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    I don't get the whole, asking for politicians to apologize, thing. It seems like a wimpy attack, no politician is ever going to apologize for anything unless they get busted for a sex scandal, and even then... Don't say she should apologize, just say it's her fault!
    Actually she did apologize just today.

Hillary Clinton Apologizes to Coal Country Over 'Out of Business' Comments

by MONICA ALBA
    MAY 2 2016, 9:33 PM ET

WILLIAMSON, W.Va.— Hillary Clinton, in a rare candid moment on the trail, apologized to a man who confronted her over comments made earlier this year about putting coal miners "out of business."

Bo Copley, a West Virginian who recently lost his job at a coal company, teared up as he told the former secretary of state that he didn't know how to explain his situation or her comments to his young children. Seated beside his wife, Copley slid over a photo of his kids to Clinton, who was seated a just few feet from him at the community round-table discussion.

He questioned how she could say what she said at a CNN forum in March — "We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business" — and then "come in here and tell us how you're going to be our friend."

He also told her he was representative of the angry crowd who had assembled outside hours before.

"Those people out there don't see you as a friend," he said, referring to the dozens of protesters within earshot.

Clinton then engaged in a very frank conversation about her comments, apologizing repeatedly and calling her comments a "misstatement."

read more:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...mments-n566451

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post

The point is to get the headlines and interviews, free advertising.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Actually she did apologize just today.

read more:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...mments-n566451
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    The point is to get the headlines and interviews, free advertising.

My first post in months and my point gets demolished in the first 30 minutes! I forgot RPF I need to be on my toes...
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

tough guy now....should have brought it during your brief run for POTUS
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    tough guy now....should have brought it during your brief run for POTUS
    He was calling out Hilary left and right during the presidential campaign. Were you living in a hole?
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand in the Senate trolling whichever animal we have in the WH will be our only saving grace.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

He was calling out Hilary left and right during the presidential campaign. Were you living in a hole?
    Rand did not come out sounding tough. Although I support Rand, I do not agree with almost anything he did during his attempt at POTUS
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Rand did not come out sounding tough. Although I support Rand, I do not agree with almost anything he did during his attempt at POTUS
    A lot of people disagree with Trump's tactics too.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

A lot of people disagree with Trump's tactics too.
    I do also but he is the presumptive nominee.. Seemed like rand did not have the fight in it to win. Wish he had been able to fight in the snake pit.
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Screw apologizing. Rand should have called on everybody living in coal country to make sure to register Republican and vote for the candidate who has promised to open up the mines and put people back to work in the coal industry,...to drive the Clinton machine out of D.C. once and for all.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

loveshiscountry

"I'm sorry I said it. I should have just kept my big mouth shut and continued to put coal miners out of business like I've been doing all along and none of you sheep would have been the wiser."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.